Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The battery percentage doesn't increase while using it..

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    If you are using the official charger and cable I think you have a duff unit Calrornds and I would contact wherever you bought if from them and ask for an exchange then deal with Asus yourself if you have to.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetofu View Post
    I haven't found any non-stock charger (even so called "high power" ones) that can keep up with battery use, let alone improve on the factory charging rate. USB charging is much more complicated than most people realize: The Basics of USB Battery Charging: A Survival Guide - Tutorial - Maxim

If anyone finds a reasonably priced third party charger that can do a better job than the stock charger, I would be extremely interested in hearing about it.
    I am using my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Charger and it charges in 4 hours flat when off and around 5-7 hours when using moderately like watching video note3 charger-->
    Amazon.com: Samsung OEM 2.0 Amp Travel Charger with Detachable Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III, Galaxy Mega 5.8, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy Legend & Other Smartphones (Bulk Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

One interesting thing to note many be that NOTE 3 is the first phone with USB 3 Port instead of MicroUSB

Anil

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Calrornds View Post
    Hi, I ve just updated the 220, but it seems it still cant keep the battery charging when it is in use, I ve been using it with an external 1TB HD, a second display TV, and BT keyboard and mouse.

After testing it I played some WoW and it got down the battery almost 40% in 2 hours (with the charger connected) with the same HD, keyboard and mouse but without the second display, then with 24% battery left I shut down the tablet, disconected all the accesories even the keyboard dock and put it to charge all night, with the red light on, today in the morning it still was with 24% battery... it is becoming frustrating.

Any idea, I loved it but....

Thx
    This helped improve my charging performance (based on a small sample size so far). I haven't even updated the Bios and I already saw improvement:

http://www.asus.com/us/support/Knowl...-7418ABA5B407/

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andyroddy View Post
    This helped improve my charging performance (based on a small sample size so far). I haven't even updated the Bios and I already saw improvement:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    I am using an USB extension now (I think from my kindle, im not sure) with the original cable, it seems to be working fine, I think the problem is the micro-USB conector in the original cable....

Thx

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    I bought one of those PortaPow charging cables off of Amazon, just got it today. It works as well as the original cable and is 5 ft long. Shame on Asus for including that dinky 2 ft cable or whatever it is.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    16 times
    my HP Touchpad barrel charger works on the T100 & i can also switch out cables with the T100 charger, gives me a couple extra feet plus a back-up charger.
    Asus T100 64GB
    Asus MeMO Pad HD7
    Asus Nexus 7 fhd
    Acer A210
    HP-TP 32GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had issues like this then I upgraded to bios 2.20 and they went away but are replaced with another weird issue where my batterybar software can't read how much power the device is using and I even had the system just power off when the battery hit 45%. Very weird activity. The 2.20 also fixed the bsod issues and hard freezes during games and fullscreen adobe flash videos. Given how 64gb emmc is not enough, the micro sd is so slow i want to kill myself, the screen is only 1368x768, lasts less time than my 1025c did with its 56Wh battery (batterybar even shows the wear on the battery and brand new it was 28,326mWh of 30,780mWh so not even 31Wh and its having all these weird issues. I'm starting to see why asus changed their slogan from rock solid heart touching lol this is not rock solid its buggy as hell.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTK View Post
    I've had issues like this then I upgraded to bios 2.20 and they went away but are replaced with another weird issue where my batterybar software can't read how much power the device is using and I even had the system just power off when the battery hit 45%. Very weird activity. The 2.20 also fixed the bsod issues and hard freezes during games and fullscreen adobe flash videos. Given how 64gb emmc is not enough, the micro sd is so slow i want to kill myself, the screen is only 1368x768, lasts less time than my 1025c did with its 56Wh battery (batterybar even shows the wear on the battery and brand new it was 28,326mWh of 30,780mWh so not even 31Wh and its having all these weird issues. I'm starting to see why asus changed their slogan from rock solid heart touching lol this is not rock solid its buggy as hell.
    Sorry your experience was not great. However I wouldn't place all the blame on Asus. The T100 is the first Intel Bay Trail device with Microsoft Windows 8.1, and as with any brand new first generation product it's bound to have a few issues that will be improved over time. I bought the T100 with an early adopter mindset, and I have not been disappointed.

Anyone expecting a flawless computer has unrealistic expectations IMO. Even Apple has unable to release a bug free device despite the fact that they have complete control over the hardware and software.
    Last edited by ilovetofu; 12-20-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    ASUSFAN0001 likes this.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetofu View Post
    Sorry your experience was not great. However I wouldn't place all the blame on Asus. The T100 is the first Intel Bay Trail device with Microsoft Windows 8.1, and as with any brand new first generation product it's bound to have a few issues that will be improved over time. I bought the T100 with an early adopter mindset, and I have not been disappointed.

Anyone expecting a flawless computer has unrealistic expectations IMO. Even Apple has unable to release a bug free device despite the fact that they have complete control over the hardware and software.
    After reading numerous posts and following several topics...I have to wonder as to how many reported "issues" end up being a result of simple configuration settings and/or self-inflicted user setup of the device. I suspect Windows 8.1 is new to learn and set up for most T100 adopters, so there is added learning curve on that front as well.

As you correctly pointed out - perfection is a goal, not a reality anywhere. Ironically, my T100 performs much faster and less trouble-free than my company laptop or personal Desktop PC.

After spending some time to LEARN Windows 8.1, I am finding the T100 to be quite the unit.

What makes that somewhat of a surprise is that prior to getting my T100, I was one of the biggest skeptics and non-advocates of WIN8 since having seen it nearly 2 years ago at the Consumer Electronics Show via a private demo from a senior Microsoft Engineer. I walked away thinking the UI was created by Sesame Street and the OS being cumbersome to set up. Things have come a very long way with WIN8.1 and appears to be getting refined with updates.

I recall it took 2 major Service Pack updates to Windows XP and Windows 7 before those got to be solid. Based on where WIN8.1 is right now, they've actually gotten WIN 8 further along with stability and refinement in 1/2 the time or less than it's previous versions. IN the mean time, I am seeing the T100 operate very, very well overall, and can wait a bit longer for the remaining tweaks that inevitably will show up.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Crashing and bsod is unacceptable. Connected standby damaging my battery wear to 19% while i thought the device was shut down and having to use the override power function each time i power off to prevent connected standby and further damage is not acceptable. It explains why the battery was at 0% when I got the unit. Many here seem fit to belittle me by saying it must be user error or that I must accept the buggyness. When you work a job and need to use a system for reliable task its unacceptable to lose all you work due to a bsod on a system that only has stock installed software. Ie they didnt even do proper stability checks to at least make it work reliably before i even install stuff. I've been using, buying and programming computers since 1980 and never had such unreliable technology. Slow I can handle but unreliable and unstable no.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links