Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The battery percentage doesn't increase while using it..

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok thanks for the reply Gunzie. I presume you are using the official charger and cable yeah?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_g View Post
    Ok thanks for the reply Gunzie. I presume you are using the official charger and cable yeah?
    At the moment yes.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    I think Gunnzie might have a defective charger and/or machine. My T100 charger has no problem keeping up with battery drainage while the device is on and in use. It doesn't charge that rapidly while my T100 is on, but the battery power does creep up while I'm using it. I haven't tried connecting any HDMI devices, but I have used my external USB 3.0 hard drive, as well as my wireless mouse, and I also have a microSD card installed. I have experienced no problems using the factory charger with the supplied cable or a longer cable I purchased from monoprice.

This reviewer used the T100 as a desktop and did not mention any power drain problems:

I suspect you will be just fine as long as you have a non-defective unit.
    Last edited by ilovetofu; 11-12-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    andy_g and Spacebridge like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks ilovetofu for your feedback - I will let everyone know my results when I get mine.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Got my T100 late this afternoon. it's been on the charger for about 3 hrs now (figure I'll wait the full 8 as the manual suggests). Charger itself is very warm compared to any other charger I've used. Do have a monoprice cable coming and a screen protector (man this tablet is really a fingerprint magnet).

Sam

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Well after 4 hrs the LED went white so I've fired it up and been playing with it for a while. Still shows it at 100% (plugged in, wifi on, running apps).

Sam

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    For such a low powered charger, I do not see too much of a net negative during use. I was downloading Steam games with the display on for a few hours, browsing and it was at par to slightly positive.

Seems that my initial estimate that you would still have 17 hours before it died with mixed use may be understated. Now, if you were playing 3D games non stop via wifi, or streaming hidef content to a 1080p display with using HDMI- then it could perhaps be down to ten hours, but even that seems extreme. My verbose point being I do not think the net negative charge issue is that much of a practical problem. Still, Asus should have sold this with a better charging solution. They do exist for USB and can charge at the current rate, or much higher. Probably a cost decision. Just a $1 cost increase means about $3 added to price.
    Last edited by rushmore; 11-13-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    This thread is a great help guys. Is everyone agreed that it's not wise to try and use a higher power USB based charger then as the T100 is probably limited internally in terms of it's maximum charging rate

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_g View Post
    This thread is a great help guys. Is everyone agreed that it's not wise to try and use a higher power USB based charger then as the T100 is probably limited internally in terms of it's maximum charging rate
    I haven't found any non-stock charger (even so called "high power" ones) that can keep up with battery use, let alone improve on the factory charging rate. USB charging is much more complicated than most people realize: The Basics of USB Battery Charging: A Survival Guide - Tutorial - Maxim

If anyone finds a reasonably priced third party charger that can do a better job than the stock charger, I would be extremely interested in hearing about it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    3 times
    I think USB charging is a two way street. Just because the charger might be able to charge at faster rate, the device must be able to handle it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links