Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times

Spotlite app & connected standby

Hi, I just installed the Spotlite app for Spotify. Problem is every time the screen goes off I lose the connection to Spotify and the music stops, I have to wake the computer and log in again. I know there is a way to add to the list of apps that support connected standby but I can't remember how to get to it. Help please... :-) Anyone else using Spotlite and know how to get rid of this issue? Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Hi, I just installed the Spotlite app for Spotify. Problem is every time the screen goes off I lose the connection to Spotify and the music stops, I have to wake the computer and log in again. I know there is a way to add to the list of apps that support connected standby but I can't remember how to get to it. Help please... :-) Anyone else using Spotlite and know how to get rid of this issue? Thanks.
    Search > Lock screen settings
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same problem. After going to lock screen settings, you can choose apps to run in the background. HOWEVER, Spotlight app does not show up as one of the apps you can choose! In fact, the list of apps is very short. Is there a way to expand the list of apps you can choose from or at least put spotlite on this list?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    That is determined by how the app author has written the app to interface with Windows metro.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lounottingham View Post
    I am having the same problem. After going to lock screen settings, you can choose apps to run in the background. HOWEVER, Spotlight app does not show up as one of the apps you can choose! In fact, the list of apps is very short. Is there a way to expand the list of apps you can choose from or at least put spotlite on this list?
    I did some Googling, apparently Spotlite doesn't support connected standby. I don't get it, what is the point of writing an app if it doesn't support connected standby? You can do the same thing by running Spotify through a web browser.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    I did some Googling, apparently Spotlite doesn't support connected standby. I don't get it, what is the point of writing an app if it doesn't support connected standby? You can do the same thing by running Spotify through a web browser.
    Contacting the app developer and letting them know how you feel may possibly result in them looking into the problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Since this is a conversation about Spotlite, is there any way to add songs to queue? Haven't figured that out yet.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links