Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asus T100TA - Linux Mint 20 - Almost flawless OOTB!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    It looks like the driver is not in a particularly good shape. Reading up on some kernel lists I get the impression that the atomisp driver has a lot of problems (one of them is that it's not updated to work with the newer kernel Video 4 Linux framework, and other things). But it looks like someone is actually working on this right now, so maybe it'll start working at some point. I'm assuming that the cam hardware is similar to what's in the MS Surface, although (due to how it's detected) the updates may not be immediately available for the T100TA when this gets updated - but I'm not sure about that.
    I read that both the hw (atom isp platform) and the sw were so messy that starting from linux 4.1x the driver was removed from the tree. It seems that starting from linux 5.8 the devs are trying to integrate the driver in the newer v4l platform and actually the driver is there and loads. Problem is that the camera doesn't show up as a PCI device but only as I2C one and I read (somewhere in the source code) that the driver supports only PCI devices. In the BIOS/UEFi there is no mentioning of make ISP devices appear as PCI...

I also found out that for surface devices there are patches to handle directly the I2C devices but I may be wrong. I'm a developer but my knowledge of os/kernel developing is very limited.

Thank you for you kind patience and let's hope that the community will fix this last (very import) problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

How to add

Quote Originally Posted by anxdroid View Post
    I read that both the hw (atom isp platform) and the sw were so messy that starting from linux 4.1x the driver was removed from the tree. It seems that starting from linux 5.8 the devs are trying to integrate the driver in the newer v4l platform and actually the driver is there and loads. Problem is that the camera doesn't show up as a PCI device but only as I2C one and I read (somewhere in the source code) that the driver supports only PCI devices. In the BIOS/UEFi there is no mentioning of make ISP devices appear as PCI...

I also found out that for surface devices there are patches to handle directly the I2C devices but I may be wrong. I'm a developer but my knowledge of os/kernel developing is very limited.

Thank you for you kind patience and let's hope that the community will fix this last (very import) problem
    How to add the file after making the USB’ loader with balenetcher? It says the Efi folder has no room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links