Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

T100TA does not turn on at all

So a little backstory.

• I had Windows and Linux (one NTFS and one EXT4) installed on the system
    • I decided to remove recovery and recreate the EFI to get a little more EFI space
    • I copied all the EFI files out and recreated the partition in the new space (Copying files back afterwards)
    • It rebooted fine and after editing a few configs in Linux the tablet was booting Linux again just fine
    • Windows however didn't like this change. Came up to an oops screen and suggested to run repair
    • I took a Windows 10 USB I had and booted up and attempted repairs
    • That was unsuccessful and it rebooted. Bootloader came back up and I decided to try the Windows entry one last time. Ooops screen again and just rebooted.

Now for whatever reason, it will not turn back on. I seem to have run into the issue many people have been having with the T100. If I try to power on normally the power LED flashes white four times but never boots. (Right after this the camera LED flashes briefly once about every 7 seconds)

So far I have tried

• Long hold power anywhere from 30 to 60+ seconds. No effect
    • Pulled battery connection and let it sit for about 20 minutes. Hold power for 30 seconds with battery out. No effect
    • Long hold power and volume down (Or power and home). No effect
    • Put the latest 314 BIOS on a FAT32 formatted flash drive and tried booting using Power + Home. Never boots to EasyFlash

One interesting thing is that the power LED will flash orange and white a few times but only if it didn't start out flashing white four times. Thinking this might be an error code of some sorts.

https://goo.gl/photos/GfAwwPoy56cDcFBx7 Video showing trying to boot

https://goo.gl/photos/yKQh1wMh1s4kcozh6 Video showing the alternate flashes

Is there any hope for this? It's old enough and I got it secondhand, that I'm not sure if it would be worth it to send to Asus out of warranty.

EDIT: Battery is charged and LED turns white indicating so. All of this I also tried while plugged in and unplugged.
    Last edited by parkerlreed; 09-22-2016 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    71 times
    Windows & Linux boot partitions are incompatible. Reinstall Windows or Linux, your choice.
    ASUSFAN0001 likes this.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I had them both loading from rEFInd. There's nothing incompatible going on. The tablet just refuses to boot up even to the bootloader/firmware setup.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlreed View Post
    I had them both loading from rEFInd. There's nothing incompatible going on. The tablet just refuses to boot up even to the bootloader/firmware setup.
    Actually...Rocket Scientist is right in post #2 - WIN10 boot and Linux boot on the same drive don't "play nice" together.

There's plenty on the web on that topic.

The latest version of the utility program you used is dated June 2016, long before the latest WIN10 anniversary update version.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Actually...Rocket Scientist is right in post #2 - WIN10 boot and Linux boot on the same drive don't "play nice" together.

There's plenty on the web on that topic.

The latest version of the utility program you used is dated June 2016, long before the latest WIN10 anniversary update version.
    I had Windows 10 and Linux dual-booting on that for months. They are both on EFI so there's nothing for Windows to screw up when it comes to booting Linux (Since it moved away from the traditional MBR to pure EFI booting). http://i.imgur.com/2VF5o8l.jpg

Still no signs of life Debating whether to buy a new motherboard, attempt a manual BIOS flash (https://hackaday.io/project/8751-asu...a-resurrection), or just forget about it and move on. I mean I loved the thing to death (heh), but it certainly showed its age in some areas.
    Last edited by parkerlreed; 10-13-2016 at 12:32 PM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlreed View Post
    I had Windows 10 and Linux dual-booting on that for months. They are both on EFI so there's nothing for Windows to screw up when it comes to booting Linux (Since it moved away from the traditional MBR to pure EFI booting). http://i.imgur.com/2VF5o8l.jpg

Still no signs of life Debating whether to buy a new motherboard, attempt a manual BIOS flash (https://hackaday.io/project/8751-asu...a-resurrection), or just forget about it and move on. I mean I loved the thing to death (heh), but it certainly showed its age in some areas.
    You may have been lucky...but as several people have now stated...the 2 OS's don't play nice together, and odds are the WIN10 anniversary update contains new code that finally "breaks" things.

Furthermore...Flashing the BIOS with anything but WINFLASH also has the potential to screw things up.

The more you deviate from the norm and standards, the more you open yourself up to having problems.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links