Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Any success with alternative OS for the T100HA?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mavaag View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. Got it installed using the WinApp installer on this url [WinApp][v2.4-Beta][+RemixOS] Android-x86 In… | Android Development and Hacking, but when selecting it in the bootloader, I just get a black screen and I have to restart the tablet. Anyone managed to install Android x86 on the T100HA. HA seems important as the T100TA seems to manage to get android x86 installed
    Yes I did today. I've chosen nomodeset in bootloader. Got to the cli. I can type commands but screen blacks out after typing the command for two seconds. If I type in reboot or ard reboot-bootloader it loads back into windows. Don't know to much about android commands though...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pAn View Post
    Hi,
    after lots of debugging I have wifi working under Linux. The problem is in ACPI DSDT table. The SB.PCI0.SDHB._ADR method returns 0, which is no unique. The makes Linux to guess how to glue devices together (see acpi_find_child_device in drivers/acpi/glue.c) and it ends wrong. The fix for DSDT, which helped me, is here https://github.com/p-an/T100HA-DSDT/...fdce6570537c96 (you can try this one, but better is to dump you own and fix that one). I use 4.8-rc3 kernel.

I also extracted the the latest bios (221) and the good news is that it seems to be fixed there (my fix is based on this one ), but I didn`t try it.

After fixing DSDT*just follow the wifi section here https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/X205TA (the wifi is the same as in T100HA).

I`ve also tried to make the backlight control work. The good news is that I can control it, the bad one is that there is no image on the display, when I do. So it is backlight or image... see opened bug here https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97529
    Thank you very much Syniurge for finding this.

I "think" I manage to successfully override my DSDT.
    And I manage to activate my Wifi, unfortunately, only once.

Now, when I run:
    rmmod brcmfmac && modprobe brcmfmac
    I know always get the following errors in my dmesg:
    [ 899.513303] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_txfail: sdio error, abort command and terminate frame
    [ 899.519498] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_txfail: sdio error, abort command and terminate frame
    [ 899.525434] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_txfail: sdio error, abort command and terminate frame
    [ 899.529225] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_dpc: failed backplane access over SDIO, halting operation
    [ 899.532840] brcmfmac: brcmf_proto_bcdc_query_dcmd: brcmf_proto_bcdc_msg failed w/status -84
    [ 899.536361] brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Retreiving cur_etheraddr failed, -84
    [ 899.539812] brcmfmac: brcmf_bus_start: failed: -84
    [ 899.543196] brcmfmac: brcmf_sdio_firmware_callback: dongle is not responding
    I checked that my Wifi is still working in Windows, so the chip should be fine.

Do you have an idea about my issue ?

Thank you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrirjk View Post
    Thank you very much Syniurge for finding this.

I "think" I manage to successfully override my DSDT.
    And I manage to activate my Wifi, unfortunately, only once.

Now, when I run:

I know always get the following errors in my dmesg:

I checked that my Wifi is still working in Windows, so the chip should be fine.

Do you have an idea about my issue ?

Thank you.

You can check and make sure you're overwriting your DSDT by doing:

dmesg | egrep 'DSDT|override'

For me the first line says:
    DSDT ACPI table found in initrd [kernel/firmware/acpi/dsdt.aml]

The initrd method is by far the easiest. You are placing a file in a proper folder tree, creating a CPIO archive with it and then appending your current initramfs to it. You then can rename your current initramfs keeping it just incase and drop your newly created iniramfs file in /boot with the previous name of your backed up initramfs. No need to update grub configs.. just reboot. It is by far the more felxible solution that I have found works. Compiling an entire kernel for one file can take a while (especially if you do it on the T100, even with -j4, she gets warm).

As for the wireless.. did you already do:

sudo -i (anyway as root)

cp /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/nvram-* /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43340-sdio.txt

and then

rmmod brcmfmac && modprobe brcmfmac

At least with the wireless working freeing up my USB slot I am not forced to have a USB hub.
    Last edited by JMiahMan; 10-21-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    For those of you who have working touchscreens could you do me a huge favor and post.. your uname -a and lsmod output. Thanks

pAn
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi everyone,
    I have some good news - I did some bisecting and I have a patch which makes i915 work on the latest kernel (4.9-rc2) - see here https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97529
    Together with the attached xorg.conf and the output trick mentioned on bugzilla it works including touchscreen. Just the commands to turn off/on the output are following with the xorg.conf:

Code:
    DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output DSI1 --off
    sleep 1
    DISPLAY=:0 xrandr --output DSI1 --auto --rotate left
    It is not perfect yet, but it works
    Attached Files Attached Files

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello.
    I have a question.Arch Linux install is difficult so please how to ArchLinux install?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    Hello.
    I have a question.Arch Linux install is difficult so please how to ArchLinux install?
    I've been doing a lot of this on Fedora, but also I have been compiling my own kernel (4.9 RC releases) and testing patches. At this point if you can figure out how to create a DSDT AML file and either append that to your current init and or create a new init entry for it in Grub then most likely you can figure out how to install Arch, or for that matter do the same or similiar steps on any Distro. Unfortunatly getting Linux to run on this device is not for the faint of heart. I don't remember a time in my 20 some years that I have had to edit a DSDT file to get devices to work. I started and ran a Linux Hardware Database for a few years so I am not just a passive user. My point is if you're just trying to get your wireless to work you don't have to use Arch, if you're wanting to hunt down more advanced fixes where you're having to patch the kernel then installing Arch isn't your biggest hurdle and you can create a patched kernel for any distro. Arch aint special with the exception of maybe having a few more people who have over came the learning curve and appreciate doing the hard work to tweak everything to their liking. If that's not you.. find a distro that meets your needs and work from there. At this point we are working at the hardware level and for the most part a majority of the Linux distros will require the same tweaks and changes. You don't really get anything out of using Arch unless you have other reasons to run it.
    Last edited by JMiahMan; 11-07-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Compile kernels? Create and append DSDT-files?

- Me, I'm crossing my fingers hoping for someone to take a crack at something debian based (ubuntu or preferably Mint) as I already know that I'm nowhere close to understanding what's going on in this thread...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    Hello.
    Follow my guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    If you get a chance please update your documentation, they have sound working now to a point and bluetooth along with the i915 driver. It's a semi-working device now. The biggies left now are.. audio through the headset, getting the microphone to work, getting the webcam to work and last but certainly not least the touchscreen. I am waiting for a few more of these to be fixed and I will package a kernel (v4.10-rc1 or higher with about 12 patches) RPM for fedora and maybe a firmware rpm. I was able to install Fedora 25 without any major issues using a microUSB adapter and a 8G USB Stick with Fedora on it. If one could install and then download a kernel and firmware rpm onto a USB Drive then they could have a working machine up fairly quickly. This thing is a little beast, pretty decent battery life thus far. I am rather excited about it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links