Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Any success with alternative OS for the T100HA?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Sooo, No one having any luck with linux drivers for the wireless on the T100HA?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsawbcn View Post
    Hi, im triying to install Android X-86 on my T100ha, ive actually managed to install it but i can only get a black screen launching it, in fact not even the live version works, it does exactly the same. Hope i can get some help from you guys. Thanks in advance!
    I have exactly the same problem. Got it installed using the WinApp installer on this url [WinApp][v2.4-Beta][+RemixOS] Android-x86 In… | Android Development and Hacking, but when selecting it in the bootloader, I just get a black screen and I have to restart the tablet. Anyone managed to install Android x86 on the T100HA. HA seems important as the T100TA seems to manage to get android x86 installed
    pierro78 likes this.

pAn
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,
    after lots of debugging I have wifi working under Linux. The problem is in ACPI DSDT table. The SB.PCI0.SDHB._ADR method returns 0, which is no unique. The makes Linux to guess how to glue devices together (see acpi_find_child_device in drivers/acpi/glue.c) and it ends wrong. The fix for DSDT, which helped me, is here https://github.com/p-an/T100HA-DSDT/...fdce6570537c96 (you can try this one, but better is to dump you own and fix that one). I use 4.8-rc3 kernel.

I also extracted the the latest bios (221) and the good news is that it seems to be fixed there (my fix is based on this one ), but I didn`t try it.

After fixing DSDT*just follow the wifi section here https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/X205TA (the wifi is the same as in T100HA).

I`ve also tried to make the backlight control work. The good news is that I can control it, the bad one is that there is no image on the display, when I do. So it is backlight or image... see opened bug here https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97529
    Last edited by pAn; 09-06-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    pierro78 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pAn View Post
    Hi,
    after lots of debugging I have wifi working under Linux. The problem is in ACPI DSDT table. The SB.PCI0.SDHB._ADR method returns 0, which is no unique. The makes Linux to guess how to glue devices together (see acpi_find_child_device in drivers/acpi/glue.c) and it ends wrong. The fix for DSDT, which helped me, is here https://github.com/p-an/T100HA-DSDT/...fdce6570537c96 (you can try this one, but better is to dump you own and fix that one). I use 4.8-rc3 kernel.

I also extracted the the latest bios (221) and the good news is that it seems to be fixed there (my fix is based on this one ), but I didn`t try it.

After fixing DSDT*just follow the wifi section here https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Asus/X205TA (the wifi is the same as in T100HA).

I`ve also tried to make the backlight control work. The good news is that I can control it, the bad one is that there is no image on the display, when I do. So it is backlight or image... see opened bug here https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97529
    Amazing detective work!

Weird, I flashed the bios 221 last week, as seen by dmesg:
    [ 0.000000] DMI: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. T100HAN/T100HAN, BIOS T100HAN.221 05/18/2016
    but my DSDT still has the faulty line:
    Device (SDHB)
    {
    Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address
    Name (_HID, "80860F14" /* Intel Baytrail SDIO/MMC Host Controller */) // _HID: Hardware ID
    Name (AHID, "INT33BB")
    Name (_CID, "PNP0D40" /* SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller */) // _CID: Compatible ID
    I'll try a reflash, then https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php..._modified_code with your fix if it still doesn't work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Well re-flashing isn't possible, WinFlash can only flash newer BIOS.

However your DSDT fix worked!! Wifi is working beautifully, thank you so much!

To people attempting to apply pAn's fix, follow: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documenta...e_override.txt and don't forget to increase the OEM Revision number in dsdt.dsl.

Now to get modesetting and graphics acceleration to work..
    pierro78 likes this.

pAn
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Syniurge View Post
    Amazing detective work!
    Thanks

Weird, I flashed the bios 221 last week, as seen by dmesg:
    Code:
    [ 0.000000] DMI: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. T100HAN/T100HAN, BIOS T100HAN.221 05/18/2016
    but my DSDT still has the faulty line:
    I just extracted the file downloaded from Asus with binwalk. There is probably happening something behind the scenes. I have two DSDT dumps with different GNVS values (which is, as I*understand it, quite important), but I*didn`t flash the bios.

Now to get modesetting and graphics acceleration to work..
    I suppose that this will be fixed some day, the same SoC is other devices as well (if it is not another ACPI problem). Where I*expect troubles is the sound. I tried to find something about the codec, but totaly without success I know only ACPI ids and manufacturer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

Spent last evening to try your finding. Unfortunatelly it is not working for me. Nothing seems to change. I edited dumped DSDT, compiled it and forced GRUB to use it. Unfortunatelly nothing changed. Additionally when i dumped it agains my line is now:

Device (SDHB)
    {
    Name (WADR, Zero)
    Name (_HID, "80860F14" /* Intel Baytrail SDIO/MMC Host Controller */) // _HID: Hardware ID
    Maybe my iasl is bugged (latest version from 2016-08-31). Using Arch up-to-date on 4.7.2.

Do You have any ideas what went wrong?

As to the graphics acceleration I managed to make it working... usually
    I added 'video=LVDS-1:d' instead of nomodeset - now it usually (70% times) boots fine with intel driver. Sometimes its still black screen. After restart or two it is back again.

pAn
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    It should work, 4.7 seems to have the required wifi driver. Do you see three mmc devices (dmesg | grep mmc)?
    I compiled the modified DSDT directly into kernel using CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_FILE, but if you see the modified version in the dumped DSDT, your way should be OK.

'video=LVDS-1:d' instead of nomodeset
    I tried that without success Still the same timeouts and black screen. How did you come up with this idea? Does the backlight control work (/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness)? There may be something on this approach - this guy (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94807) made it work also by switching on/off the outputs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes - I am getting additional 'mmc1: SDHCI controller on ACPI [800860F14:01] using ADMA'. After coping efivars, firmware and modprobing brcmfmac module, the only line in dmesg says 'registered new interface driver brcmfmac'. No new interfaces unfortunatelly.

Note that the line before compilation looks like:

Name (WADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address
    But after dumping it again it is:

Name (WADR, Zero)
    I have latest BIOS

As for the video line - its not working sometimes for me either. According to this:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hPqevxURk/edit
    the black screen if a result of switching to hdmi output (didnt test it). So I tried to force outputing it to something else. 'video=LVDS-1:d' gives me working display most ot the times. I dont have /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness so i cant try it.
    Last edited by rapiertgs; 09-13-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Wifi is working after upgrading to 4.7.3 kernel in Arch Linux

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links