Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Any success with alternative OS for the T100HA?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you, lightforce, for clarifying this xorg.conf. Although I have to admit I did not get it to work (well, tried just one time). I created the USB stick with Win32DiskImager. On that stick there was only one directory (I think it was efi). Besides that I created a directory etc, with sub-directory X11, where I created that file. But the screen in the live system is still rotated.

Actually I do not care too much about that, I would prefer to do a real installation. Last time I tried, it crashed, and afterwards it said it would send a report about that crash. Of course - without internet connection - no report could be sent. But I guess it would help, if such a report could be sent. So I would try to create a internet connection. But since WiFi did not work, I bought an USB to ethernet adapter. So I started the live system, removed the USB stick and inserted the USB to ethernet adapter. Unfortunately it did not help to connect.

Any idea/success connecting to the internet (without a USB dongle, which I don't want to buy)?

And btw, has in the meantime anyone had any other succes in installing any alternative OS on the T100 HA?

Cya

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, im triying to install Android X-86 on my T100ha, ive actually managed to install it but i can only get a black screen launching it, in fact not even the live version works, it does exactly the same. Hope i can get some help from you guys. Thanks in advance!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsawbcn View Post
    Hi, im triying to install Android X-86 on my T100ha, ive actually managed to install it but i can only get a black screen launching it, in fact not even the live version works, it does exactly the same. Hope i can get some help from you guys. Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried that? I wanted to try it some days ago but i don't have the nerves for tinkering at the moment .
    [WinApp][v2.2-Alpha][Testers needed] Android… | Android Development and Hacking

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi; How are folks booting Debian? I can't seem to get my USB sticks recognized in the BIOS? I've tried using a quality USB-C adapter as I figured the dock's USB port might not be recognized by the BIOS. Are folks booting off an SD card? I've tried toggling all the options I can find in BIOS without success. I get launching the live system from within Windows 10, is that the only method of starting an install so far? Thanks for any tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    Hi,

I tried "video=VGA-1:1368x768e reboot=pci,force", as well as just the video-parameter, as well as 1280x800 instead of 1368x768, with and without nomodeset. The only thing that helps (to start at all) is nomodeset. The other options have no effect at all. So I always have the wrong rotation of the screen. Furthermore I do not have WiFi. Nonetheless I tried to do the install (of Lubuntu 15.10, to be precise). When the last screen apears (saying something like "installation is nearly finished") it takes forever. I had to go to bed, and the next morning there was a pop-up stating that the installation crashed, and that information about that is sent over to the developers. That of course does not work due to lack of WiFi.
    As a downside of this install, I now have an additional entry in the BIOS boot options called ubuntu. Unfortunately it does not work (of course).

Baloox, did you try the install in the meantime, too? And what are your drawbacks in the live system? The same, or does maybe WiFi work for you?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

It would appear that the UEFI BIOS system makes creating a bootable external drive "a challenge" - resolve that and you'll likely be able to try whatever distro you like...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2 times
    I have installed Android in c:\ (maximum 3gb)

Enviado desde mi E5823 mediante Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,

just wanted to let you know that after some time I did some more attempts to get an alternative OS installed. I tried Ubuntu 16.04, but it did not work.

So although I never installed it before I tried Fedora (both Fedora 23 and 24-Alpha), and it was very easy to install it. Took about 30 minutes. I had to add 'nomodeset' when booting, and I did remove 'quiet'. When doing so the rotation is (as usual) wrong, and I have not yet tried to get Wifi working.

The first version I tried was 24-Alpha. I then tried to edit the X server config files, but that completely destroyed the installation. Right now I have a working installation of Fedora 23, and this time I will try to be more careful when trying to repair the rotation.

I did the installation in dual boot with Windows, but I guess I did something wrong (at least this second time) so I'm not sure if Windows is still on this device. That's however not a problem for me.

I will continue to have little time for this. But the next weekends I will try to improve the installation. Rotation and Wifi have to be done, I don't need much more. I will report when I have any success with that.

Was someone else successful in installing some Linux?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir View Post
    I did the installation in dual boot with Windows, but I guess I did something wrong (at least this second time) so I'm not sure if Windows is still on this device. That's however not a problem for me.
    Just found out Windows is still there and is running well. I can select it from the BIOS, it's just not in the boot menu.

I found out while updating to the latest version of the BIOS. For that I had to update SOC drivers of Windows too, that's how I found out. I tried this new BIOS because it was mentioned as another solution for the wrong rotation. That however did not work, so I still have to try the X config files again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Sir,
    When you get it working please let us know and the steps you have to take to get there. This is exactly what I need, dual boot windows 10 and Linux. (I need all the help I can get )

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    2 times
    DO NOT try Remix OS for PC. It does not work and I am now having a hard time fixing the booting section (or whatever it's called). Now after a full clean reinstallation of Windows 10, I cannot install any drivers...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links