Thread: Hackintosh anyone?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times

Hackintosh anyone?

Is it worth the trouble to make it a Hackintosh?

The lack of touch screen drivers for Mac books makes me doubt it.

But I am pretty sure I can make a Hackintosh out of our beloved T100TA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book
    Liked
    2 times
    Might be difficult as there's no OS X support for Bay Trail processors, unless someone makes the custom kernel (Maybe existing Atom based kernels will do). Also there's no driver for Intel WiFi adapter. But you'll never know for sure until you'll try it!

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Full Support here...

macwinsupport.jpg

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Personally....

I don't want anything remotely Apple to get remotely near any of my equipment.
    andrep182 and Swipe like this.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I have done 2 hackintosh computers. One was a Dell D610. It worked pretty good, except for the video driver....it needed an external monitor to boot. So I had a display adapter with 2 pins shorted out to make it think it had a monitor. Once booted I could remove the dongle and it worked fine, but it was not anywhere near ideal.

The 2nd one was a mac pro PC clone. It was a pain as it liked to try to update itself from Apple, but the updates failed and then I had to restore the image of it to get it to boot again. And trying to get updates and make them work was just a pain.

IMO I think it is better to go with a popular linux distro if you want something other than Windows on it.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    I have done 2 hackintosh computers. One was a Dell D610. It worked pretty good, except for the video driver....it needed an external monitor to boot. So I had a display adapter with 2 pins shorted out to make it think it had a monitor. Once booted I could remove the dongle and it worked fine, but it was not anywhere near ideal.

The 2nd one was a mac pro PC clone. It was a pain as it liked to try to update itself from Apple, but the updates failed and then I had to restore the image of it to get it to boot again. And trying to get updates and make them work was just a pain.

IMO I think it is better to go with a popular linux distro if you want something other than Windows on it.
    Thanks.

I've done quite a few Hackintoshes, including my main Acer V5 laptop, and had no issues whatsoever.
    Wifi usually does not work, but with $5 USB adapter it is doable.

Not because I like Apple that much, just for fun and to tease some friends w/their $2K+ Macbooks.

The subj runs Windows perfectly, don't really need Linux on it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    I'm a fan of Mac OS X as well. I use Mac OS X, Ubuntu and Win 8.1 and I like them all. That said, there are a lot of variables here that make me think you're going to get mixed results with this at best.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    51 times
    Hell it'd be nice if Apple would have just made something like this. I know it probably would have been $899, but it would have been beautifully made and the trackpad would have been 100 times better. LOL... but instead Apple insists on making romper room iOS iPads that barely let you do anything. That's why I bought a T100. If Apple would make a tablet with Mac OS X for grown ups instead of the children's iOS, there is a good chance I would have bought one. Apple used to be a lot more innovative. These days Asus is making them look downright conservative. It's too bad because they do have the best quality construction around and their OS's are the least buggy, most flawless you can get, even if their products are overpriced. Ah well, I like Win 8.1 and I'm really happy with my T100 just the same. Apple really should try and take a few pages from Asus' playbook though and stop playing it so safe (and boring) Asus doesn't mind being adventurous. They'll try any wacky idea. If it doesn't sell, just move on. Gotta love their pioneering spirit.
    SQeek, kerkesmith and nportillo like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine_Coon View Post
    Is it worth the trouble to make it a Hackintosh?

The lack of touch screen drivers for Mac books makes me doubt it.

But I am pretty sure I can make a Hackintosh out of our beloved T100TA
    Worth a try - at least if the docked (laptop) part works that'd be a major step.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ryhoo2 View Post
    Might be difficult as there's no OS X support for Bay Trail processors, unless someone makes the custom kernel (Maybe existing Atom based kernels will do). Also there's no driver for Intel WiFi adapter. But you'll never know for sure until you'll try it!
    My TF book T100 has Broadcom 802.11abgn WiFi. This might work with OOTB kext.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links