Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
    Let us know how you like the Seagate.
    For starters, this is a "slimline" model. the barebones nature of this drive allows it to be used on several platforms (PC, Apple, Xbox, and Playstation; via usb).

I had shipping issue with Amazon (seem they now have their own delivery department. Based on the reviews of the shipping department, the department has nothing but trouble. There are many horror stories concerning Amazon's new delivery service. I am tempted not to buy from Amazon until they fix their issues, or return to using the more established carriers (fedex, UPS, or even USPS). My personal issue with Amazon was that my package was delivered to my Neighbor, despite that I was home at the time.

So far I have been very satisfied with this drive. The process of transferring my media files to the drive have motivated me to update and reorganize my archives. I am not seeing the advertised speeds transfer speeds, even with the usb line plugged in USb 3.0 port (probably because my old gaming rig doesn't have a USB 3.0 port, and my usb 3.0 port on my T100 is controlled by a low end processor [baytrail]). With that note, my transfer speeds are faster than my previous desktop external HDDs. I have been seeing around 15MB/sec. transfer rate between gaming Laptop to drive, desktop HDD to portable HDD (via 7-port usb 3.0 hub), and T100 USB 3.0 port to Drive. What have been your experience regarding transfer speeds?

This drive feels heavier than I expected, which gives me some comfort because of the apparent extra weight gives the impression of a solid build quality. I only hope that I am not over taxing the HDD capabilities with so much data I am transferring at one time. I had no issues with this drive and am quite satisfied with it. I eagerly await and plan to purchase the AC powered usb 3.0 Hub I mentioned in my earlier post.11824120_1706417139580430_1847193482_n.jpg11830084_1706417146247096_1626842957_n.jpg11855321_1706417149580429_1228554673_n.jpg

I just added pics of my Seagate expansion drive in a case I recently bought at "Wally World". I almost didn't purchase the case because it retailed for $4.97, but at the checkout station the price was USD9.97... I cancelled the purchase and a checkout rep arrived at the self serve check out counter to finalize the cancellation. The Rep adjusted the check out price to match the cost that was on the display counter (yipee!!!!!)...
    Last edited by themorn2112; 08-07-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added Pictures

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    I just added pics of my Seagate expansion drive in a case I recently bought at "Wally World (Walmart) ". I almost didn't purchase the case because it retailed for $4.97, but at the checkout station the price was USD9.97... I cancelled the purchase and a checkout rep arrived at the self serve check out counter to finalize the cancellation. The Rep adjusted the check out price to match the cost that was on the display counter (yipee!!!!!)...

11824120_1706417139580430_1847193482_n.jpg11830084_1706417146247096_1626842957_n.jpg11855321_1706417149580429_1228554673_n.jpg

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    4 times
    image.jpg
    I have seagate goflex satellite wifi 500 gig one on the left and a freecom 3.0 1tb on the right they both work well

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by themorn2112 View Post
    I just added pics of my Seagate expansion drive in a case I recently bought at "Wally World (Walmart) ". I almost didn't purchase the case because it retailed for $4.97, but at the checkout station the price was USD9.97... I cancelled the purchase and a checkout rep arrived at the self serve check out counter to finalize the cancellation. The Rep adjusted the check out price to match the cost that was on the display counter (yipee!!!!!)...
    In most states they legally have to do that, if the price on the display or sticker doesn't match the checkout station price. The retail store is obligated to honor the price posted in the store. In many states, such is the case in Michigan they're suppose to give you 10 times the price difference back. So in your scenario, there was a $5.00 discrepancy, so they would have been obligated by law to give you $50 (10x$5) back. However, from personal experience I've only had this happen to me once where a store gave me 10 times the difference back and it was more like 50 cents. I've had it happen other times where the price difference was substantial, and mention this law to the store and they always make some kind of an excuse up to avoid paying the bonus difference, but honor the price difference. I think this law has been updated where the max bonus back is limited to $5.00. Essentially, you're being asked to be paid by the person committing the crime and you have no way of making them do that, other than calling the police and then going through a big ordeal to try and enforce this law.

If the seller does not pay you both the refund and the bonus, you may bring a lawsuit to recover your actual damages or $250.00, whichever is greater, plus reasonable attorney fees up to $300.00.
    By Michigan law, that case essentially should have been free to you due to Wally World's error.

This website explains the law in simple terms:
    What you should know about the MICHIGAN SCANNER LAW • Bargains to Bounty

The next time if that ever happens, don't ever back down. Remember that retailers are obligated to honor the price put on or near the item. If it is different from the scanned price, then the posted price in the store is ALWAYS considered to be the correct price.

The reason these laws were established because it was a bait and switch pricing scam done by many retailers. Say you had 50 items in your cart, you may not have noticed the $5.00 price difference, until you got home and looked at your receipt or you may not have noticed at all. Thus, the scam retailers were counting on the majority of people wouldn't notice, or considered it worth their while to go back to the store. Legally Wally World owed you $5.00 back on a $4.97 priced item by law in Michigan. If you paid the $9.97, Wally would have owed you $10.00 back and you would have gotten to keep the item.

You're happy that you got it for $4.97, but if that would have happened to me in Michigan here's what I would have done. I would have paid the $9.97. At that point the transaction is complete and you have a receipt. I would have then gone to customer service and by law they would be obligated to give me $10.00 back as well as I would get to keep the item. So they would have paid me .03 to buy the item. What they would have likely tried to do was give me the price difference back....However, that is not what the law states and if they refused to give me the $10.00 back, then I have now just met my obligation and have the right to take them to court, where they would then have to pay me $250 plus my attorney's $300 fee.

Read here:
    http://www.lawrefs.com/scanner-law/
    This site gives many scenarios customers have reported, where the legal person explains their right under those situations.

Since you're in IL, your scanner laws will be different but this scenario in Michigan could apply if you wanted to go back and buy another one.

Chris says:
    February 7, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Recently at a Family Dollar store in Michigan, I was overcharged – the price on the box, and scanned price were different. This has happened before for the same item, and the error has not been corrected. The store manager, when shown the receipt, told me I wasn’t entitled to the bounty because I was aware of the problem, and had done this before. Am I entitled even if it has happened more than once? I would think that being aware of the problem, it would fall on the store to correct it, instead of continuing to overcharge people.

LawRef says:
    February 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Dear Chris:

Your thinking is correct. Your awareness is not relevant. What matters is if you were buying the item with the primary purpose to use it for personal, family or household purposes. There are what we call “sophisticated” or “educated” consumers who are aware of the possibility of a bonus and purposefully buy consumer items that are marked in error. The scanner law still applies to them.
    My seagate drive came with a protective skin/case. I don't use a case, I transport it around in my front shirt pocket.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 08-08-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    Transformer Book T100TA (T100TA-C1-GR,CPU:Baytrail Z3740 1.3Ghz,64GB,BIOS:313,WIN 8.1)
    Transformer Pad TF701t (K00C,CPU:Tegra 4 1.9Ghz,32GB,Android 4.4.2)
    Transform Pad TF103CE (CPU: Baytrail-T Z3745 1.33Ghz,16GB,Android 5.0)
    (4)MeMO Pad HD7 (ME173X/ME173L,CPU:MediaTek MT8125 1.2GHz,16/8GB,Android 4.2.2)
    Ultrabook 15.6 (N53SN,CPU:Core i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz,750GB,Win7 Ult 64bit)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Thx for the heads up on the sales practice and consumer response options. i am no stranger to "bait and switch" but the consumer response options is news to me. Frankly, I am content to pay the advertised price for a product I am interested with. ON another front, I have been very satisfied with my recently purchased Seagate Expansion 2tb drive. My travel accessories list is almost complete. All that remains for me now is the powered Hub as mentioned in my previous post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links