Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ASUSFAN0001

Thread: A Review - Found the Perfect Tablet Case for the T100 - Well Made & Great Price

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times

A Review - Found the Perfect Tablet Case for the T100 - Well Made & Great Price

Like many posters here, I spent a lot of time trying to hunt down the perfect T100 Tablet Case. Since these great tablets are still very new, it's not unusual to see a lag before good accessories become available.

I already have a nice Belkin Sleeve that safely and snugly holds the complete unit with keyboard dock attached.

But after hunting and researching for more than a month - I found what I think is the perfect case for the tablet - and it arrived just today:

Amazon.com: 3in1 set: Elegant leather case for Asus Transformer Book T100TA in Black with convenient STAND FEATURE + Skin, crystal clear + Stylus, Black from kwmobile: Computers & Accessories

What makes this all the sweeter is that not only does it fit perfectly from any angle (all ports are accessible, and even the rear speakers have holes in the right place), but this case comes with a super stylus and even a screen guard.

The frosting on the cake - the price is $13.40 on Amazon.

I was skeptical as to just how good the unit would be...but now that it has arrived and I've put my T100 into it for several hours...I am very impressed.

Some added bonuses:

1) Not only does it fit correctly - designed specifically for the T100 - but the construction is as solid as any case I've seen to date (similar to the Caseen units I've enjoyed in the past with other tablets).
    2) Despite my concerns about this case being shipped from Germany, and only paying $4.00 for standard shipping...but came in 11 days (including Christmas Day) and arrived in perfect condition.
    3) The stylus is as good as any I've used to date.
    4) The screen guard is top quality.

WOW - what a pleasant surprise. I've included some photos for you to enjoy as well.
    bilinda likes this.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    10 times
    Don't suppose the keyboard will also fit in there.

How's the stylus btw?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I like this one too plus it is prime eligiable (no wait from Germany). Thanks for your pics though I like the stylus
    Last edited by Darkdashing; 12-31-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    4 times
    Does this cover accept the keyboard when attached to the T100?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrimoldy View Post
    I agree that the Poetic case is significantly better when you want to protect the keyboard together as a unit. The one I got looks much better than what's pictured in you Amazon link. My Poetic case has pockets for the front corners of the keyboard instead of tacky elastic. Also, mine doe not have tacky white stitching. My stitches are black to match the cover itself. Not sure why this shows such an ugly version.
    Based on this review....I was totally turned off of the Poetic cases:

WARNING - Poetic SlimBook Case for ASUS Transformer Book T100 10.1-Inch Window 8.1 Ta

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Don't suppose the keyboard will also fit in there.

How's the stylus btw?
    It's a tablet case.

Having owned tablets for several years, I personally don't like the appearance or design of keyboard cases.

Give me a clean tablet case any day. That's what all my work associates also use - no keyboard docks used in meetings or on planes. If traveling with the combined unit is needed (and I do that all the time too), I simply put the unit into the padded sleeve and slip the unit into my computer case or backpack.

I had no interest in a keyboard case (too), since the combined tablet/keyboard dock unit fits perfectly in a $10 Belkin sleeve for travel. This case does not fit when docked, not would I expect/want it to do so.

To locate a quality tablet case specifically designed and fitting perfectly for the T100 - furthermore at this price - was a terrific find. Shipping was also very fast - 11 days over the holidays for $4....I've had domestic shipping take that long.

This is a lightweight but strong tablet case, including the popular magnetic-close cover. I've looked at more than 40 cases - mostly generic tablet ones...and at prices up to $54. This is by far the best one.

The stylus works very well...and it's a nice size (also fits into the case slot designed for the stylus as shown in the photos). It helps compensate for my fat fingers.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    22 times
    Personally, any case that isn't able to also hold the keyboard is a non-starter for me. I don't see the point. Then you need to carry a separate case or sleeve with the keyboard in it? The Poetic cases work perfectly either way...with or without keyboard. The Poetic case specific to the T100 wasn't out yet when I bought mine, I got the Poetic 2in1 Flexbook case for the TF300 and modified it slightly to fit the T100. It works really well with or without keyboard.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    Personally, any case that isn't able to also hold the keyboard is a non-starter for me. I don't see the point.
    The point is the T100 is a tablet that happens to have an attachable keyboard. So a tablet case makes the most sense.

I don't see the point of using an ugly, bulky, cheap looking keyboard case...but some other folks might. The tablet case portion alone looks like it's missing the other part based on the "pop button" setup.

Nobody's twisting anyone's arm either way, but the Poetic case is clearly poor in quality, fit, and general construction. That's been documented by others. Feel free to comment on it in THAT thread (where it belongs).

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Thread being closed. Off topic posts deleted.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links