Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times

Case, Charger And USB Hub?

Are there any universal cases that will snuggly fit the T100? I would actually prefer a pouch that is just for travelling with. I looked at some cases for netbooks but they were bigger than I would have liked.

Also, I would like to keep a charger at work so I don't have to carry one around. Keep on at work and one at home. Is there a universal charger that will work with the T100. Even better would be one that charges quicker.

I also would like a USB hub but I am guessing a bus powered one would not be advisable as the charger isn't good enough to charge the T100 when in use as it is without a USB hub draining power too. Would a bus powered one be at all possible or should I get an externally powered one. Thing is that would be another charger to carry around or have two of those too.

Would people recommend using a screen protector? I never bothered on my Android tablet as it had Guerilla Glass but I'm assuming the T100 doesn't.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    For the case just wait another month at best and you'll be seeing tons of custom cases for the T100. There are sleeves and other cases that may be able to fit it, I believe the t300 is the name, has almost the same measurements and its case fits the t100. As for the charger, i think any micro usb to usb/wall adapter works. I'm not sure if its a micro usb that u need since i haven't seen those specific specs, nor do I have the actual unit. Check whatever head your current charger has and just order the same one; just get the watts and voltage right so you don't get a weak one. Finally, I'm getting this usb hub, its not bad.
    Amazon.com: USB Hub 2.0 4-port For Mac and PC. True USB 2.0 Speed. 4-Legged Octopus (TM). Very Cute Octopus Design. (Purple): Computers & Accessories
    has 4 ports and is only 5$ so its not bad. Reviews seem good as well.
    Later on when I buy my own T100 I'll be using a screen protector as well. Don't really care if its gorilla glass or not, its not going to hold up very well with everyday wear and tear.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    As for the charger, i think any micro usb to usb/wall adapter works. I'm not sure if its a micro usb that u need since i haven't seen those specific specs, nor do I have the actual unit. Check whatever head your current charger has and just order the same one; just get the watts and voltage right so you don't get a weak one.
    Beware that using any other charger than the included factory charger will result in extremely slow charging, and will not keep up with the power usage while the machine is on. I thought that since it uses a USB charger, I could use any 10W charger I had laying around. Wrong. The ones I tried charge my T100 so slowly as to be useless. So now I carry around the factory charger. I hope I can buy another charger at some point.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    You need a 2 amp charger with a proper usb cord 24 gauge and preferably a charge only cable so the data pins act as power conductors

Try portapow

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz View Post
    You need a 2 amp charger with a proper usb cord 24 gauge and preferably a charge only cable so the data pins act as power conductors

Try portapow
    I bought one of these from Walmart: Amazon.com: GE 14096 10-Outlet Surge Protector with 2 USB Charging Ports GE 14096 10-Outlet Surge Protector wit: Electronics

The package specifically stated that the USB ports provide 2.1A for "quick charging" for tablets. I used a 24 gauge usb cord from monoprice, which works fine with the factory charger. Nothing else was plugged into the power strip.

Unfortunately, the power strip was not able to provide sufficient power to keep up with power drainage during use of the tablet, and battery life started going down while charging.

Therefore, I stand by my statement that only the factory charger is able to provide sufficient power to charge the device to keep up with energy drain while in use.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    If you prefer a pouch with handle I boight this one. Prefect for travelling and tablet plus dock fits well, and it has some padding. It has a front zipper storage to hold power cord and mouse if you carry one. price is good too.

Amazon.com: Evecase Ultraportable Travel Handle Portfolio Case Carrying Bag for Asus Transformer Book T100 - 10.1 inch Windows 8.1 Tablet: Computers & Accessories

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    11 times
    I created a thread here for the ASUS VesaSleeve X. I really love this since it's compact and is almost like carrying a personal organizer or folio, but it's a slip type case. The keyboard and tablet fit in snug and I really am happy with it.

Great Case - Asus VersaSleeve X

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    So using other chargers even though they are within the same specs still provide slow charge?

Are there any models that actually provide sufficient power/charge or where can we order the original?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    All i want is a longer cable for my charger. I bought a 10ft one but yeah it doesnt keep up with charging at all.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Anybody find any solution to the charge cable?? I guess I can just use an extension cord if it comes to that..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links