Thread: Case for ASUS T100

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteorgo View Post
    Thanks so much that was extremely helpful. Any chance you looked into any screen protector as well? I'm guessing as a tablet it's somewhat needed?
    I've never had a screen protector on any of my devices before and probably won't get one for the T100 either. I would check into Skinomi:

Amazon.com: skinomi t100

I've heard good things about them and they already have a lineup of screen and back protectors for the T100.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    7 times
    The Skinomi screen protector was awful but the carbon fiber skin for the T100 was perfect! Here's a pic:
    asusskin.jpg
    It makes me forget that this is a plastic toy! I tossed the screen protector (which impeded both the clarity of the screen and how it felt to use it as a tablet) into the trash. If I had to do it again, I probably should have used the screen protector on the bottom of the keyboard as it would have been a perfect fit.

As MicroByte mentioned, the Solo Case was not a good one for the Asus T100. I tried it and it was bulky and it felt like the connectors holding the T100 to the case were either going to damage the T100 or break off. It did work with the keyboard attached to the T100 so that was positive.

I'm purchasing the Asus Versasleeve next.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saniko View Post
    The Skinomi screen protector was awful but the carbon fiber skin for the T100 was perfect! Here's a pic:

It makes me forget that this is a plastic toy! I tossed the screen protector (which impeded both the clarity of the screen and how it felt to use it as a tablet) into the trash. If I had to do it again, I probably should have used the screen protector on the bottom of the keyboard as it would have been a perfect fit.

As MicroByte mentioned, the Solo Case was not a good one for the Asus T100. I tried it and it was bulky and it felt like the connectors holding the T100 to the case were either going to damage the T100 or break off. It did work with the keyboard attached to the T100 so that was positive.

Thanks for the pic. Could you elaborate a little on why you didn't like the screen protector? Did it make it less bright? I'm actually little concerned that T100 is not bright enough so probably shouldn't stick another layer on it..

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    7 times
    The feel of the screen protector was not good. It was not smooth and felt sticky. I think after using screen protectors from companies like Tech Armor and Spigen, it's really hard to go back to the Incredible Shield/Skinomi type. It's possible that over time the skinomi screen protector would become more clear, but it was not very clear at all and really hard to put on the device.

Unless you are planning to use a stylus on the screen, I can't find any reason to get a low grade screen protector. I do think that the carbon fiber skin for the back is good though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    So I ordered this case today for my T100:

Amazon.com: Elegant leather case for Asus Transformer Book T100 in Black with convenient STAND FEATURE from kwmobile: Cell Phones & Accessories

It seems to be the first one designed specifically for the t100.. although I'm not sure if you can attach the keyboard while its in the case. I will report back when it arrives. As for the Kosmik case... I ordered a similar one from Gizmo Dorks on Amazon. Same clip style. The clip broke within 3 days. There was a really nice Rocketfish universal one at Best Buy... but it was $35 and blocked the HDMI port when in the case, but it was otherwise perfect.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saniko View Post
    asusskin.jpg

I really like the look at that carbon fiber skin. Really does make it look nice and I assume it will eliminate the finger prints that show to easily on the back. It talks about it using a glue to attach and heat. Was it hard to install? Do you think it will hold up over time?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    7 times
    Not hard to install at all. The skin is sticky so there's no additional glue. I don't think it would leave any residue if removed. I did use a blowdryer to heat up the sides to ensure they were on right. No fingerprints in the back and I'm sure it will hold up fine.

If I was looking for a third-party case, I would wait for Blurex to come up with one. They have never let me down. I don't think they have a case for the Asus T100 yet but I was considering whether any other transformer case would work. I will be getting the Asus Versasleeve on Tuesday and it should be good along with this Skinomi carbon fiber skin.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    20 times
    Ordered one of those carbon fiber skins yesterday. It looks pretty slick. I agree the screen protector will probably go in the trash.

As far as a case, I've been using this one that was designed for Asus TF300

Amazon.com: Poetic FlexBook 2in1 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for Asus Transformer TF300: Electronics

Works very well for the T100 with or without keyboard. A little minor surgery was needed. There was only a speaker cutout on one side, I cut out the other side with a box cutter and a pair of scissors. Also on the side, I had to cut a little bit off on the sides to expose the micro usb /hdmi ports and the windows button on the other side. Very easy with a pair of scissors and not even noticeable. They keyboard apparently is smaller than the TF300, it doesn't reach the little elastic strips that hold it in. But it is not an issue, it stays closed nicely and also has an elastic band on the outside to hold it closed. For 16.95 it is working very well. All of the cases I see in stores are twice the price or more and only hold the tablet without the keyboard.

Edit: p.s. One other minor issue with this case is it covers up the left and right bezel so when you swipe from the right to get the charms bar, you have to sort of slide your finger under the edge of the case, or turn it sideways and swipe from the top. If you have the keyboard attached you just hit winkey+C instead.
    Last edited by markymark; 11-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I purchased This CaseLogic Case and it works great for tablet with or without keyboard. Also it zips shut, so no chance of the computer falling off the case. The fit is snug, but the protection is great. Also has a kickout stand for watching movies.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    4 times
    Does that Skinomi skin add grip to the back? When my hands are really clean the tablet is really slippery. Looks nice though, I was wondering if it was going to cover up the logo or not but it doesn't. Might grab one as well.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ads