Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

Charging problem!

Hello people. I have an unusual problem in the fact that my t300 doesn't charge quite like I think it should. At first I thought it might be the jack socket connection but in time I'm beginning to think its somehow software related. The problem I have is when plugged in it toggles from charging to not charging. This is sporadic and doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes if I forget to switch on at the plug it will not recognise its plugged in even when i turn on the switch on. Takes several restarts and frustration before it finally starts charging. The other peculiar thing is that when I'm not doing anything on the laptop it will charge. When I click on the battery icon and see what its doing. It will toggle from charge to battery and so on constantly. As soon as I click off the icon it charges. As I've said its very sporadic in the way it performs. Ive restored the computer back to the bare bones windows and still no joy. I have deleted the device from the drivers and still no joy when rebooting. Any help will be appreciated. I have made a video of whats happening. Not sure if I can upload a file of that size or whether it is allowed.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by welshman1971 View Post
    Hello people. I have an unusual problem in the fact that my t300 doesn't charge quite like I think it should. At first I thought it might be the jack socket connection but in time I'm beginning to think its somehow software related. The problem I have is when plugged in it toggles from charging to not charging. This is sporadic and doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes if I forget to switch on at the plug it will not recognise its plugged in even when i turn on the switch on. Takes several restarts and frustration before it finally starts charging. The other peculiar thing is that when I'm not doing anything on the laptop it will charge. When I click on the battery icon and see what its doing. It will toggle from charge to battery and so on constantly. As soon as I click off the icon it charges. As I've said its very sporadic in the way it performs. Ive restored the computer back to the bare bones windows and still no joy. I have deleted the device from the drivers and still no joy when rebooting. Any help will be appreciated. I have made a video of whats happening. Not sure if I can upload a file of that size or whether it is allowed.
    Hi welshman1971, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. It could be that your charger has an issue. Have you tried a different charger?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links