Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewtoT300Chi

Thread: T300 Chi wonít turn on (led works/BIOS accessible)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    1 times

T300 Chi wonít turn on (led works/BIOS accessible)

I purchased my T300 Chi signature edition from Microsoft Store in May 2015

Itís a great computer/tablet, blazing fast with perfect resolution and portability.

After a successful warranty return for a ďblank screen/unit not turning onĒ my Chi is unfortunately now experiencing the same problem. It begun over a period of several days; starting with the screen turning off/going blank (black, like the unit is turned off) for no reason and finally the screen would not turn on.

Before the problem occurred I had upgraded to Windows 10 and made sure the drivers were UTD (I though that may have caused the original problem).

The power/function led indicator functions normally however the screen does not turn on.

At this time I can access only the BIOS on the tablet screen or by using a separate monitor via an HDMI cable.

After going through the BIOS menus I was unable to locate an option for reset/return to previous state. Perhaps this isnít an option in BIOS?

I have tried the on/off switch, letting the machine loose charge, and on/off/volume button combinations.

Ideas? Would the service desk be the next step? Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome

Sounds to me very much like a hardware fault which is either going to be cost prohibitive to repair, or very simple.
    You'll need to open the device and check the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard. That's the simple one.
    It might be the screen itself - the LED backlighting - if so, that might be affordable as a DIY fix
    It might be the motherboard - that would not be affordable even as a DIY fix

I doubt you would find it affordable to pay anyone to fix this for you. It is certain that Asus would want more than the device is worth to look at it.

Sadly, you are experiencing one of the downsides of OEM devices built to a price. They don't last long sometimes.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome

Sounds to me very much like a hardware fault which is either going to be cost prohibitive to repair, or very simple.
    You'll need to open the device and check the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard. That's the simple one.
    It might be the screen itself - the LED backlighting - if so, that might be affordable as a DIY fix
    It might be the motherboard - that would not be affordable even as a DIY fix

I doubt you would find it affordable to pay anyone to fix this for you. It is certain that Asus would want more than the device is worth to look at it.

Sadly, you are experiencing one of the downsides of OEM devices built to a price. They don't last long sometimes.
    Thanks for the advice, that certainly helps with the decision making process.
    If I am unable to easily open the device, there is a local place which replaces screens for a very reasonably price, perhaps I will start there.

It's too bad, the T300 Chi has excellent other qualities.
    janner43 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links