Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    2 times

Cracked Touch-Screen Replacement / AliExpress

Quote Originally Posted by ccrump View Post
    Has anyone had any luck obtaining this from AliExpress? I've ordered it twice and both times I was given a tracking number which was never traced and I had to claim a refund. Due to fluctuating exchange rates I've lost out on the refunds too! And I've been waiting since September to fix my T300Chi.
    I too am looking to buy one of these from AliExpress and hope to put in an order in a day or two. But NOT if there's some issue going on....ugh. Current price for

"New Original 12.5 "Inch For Asus T300chi T3chi LCD Display + Touch Screen Assembly 1920*1080 B125HAN01.0"

is $108.00 seems pretty fair. About two weeks ago I emailed them and was told/confirmed that it comes as ONE piece...Touch and LCD glued together already. Fingers crossed for you and your order!!! GL for us both right?
    Now...getting the thing apart I feel is going to be a challenge. Can anyone chime in on this process? TIA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Has anyone had any luck obtaining this from AliExpress? I've ordered it twice and both times I was given a tracking number which was never traced and I had to claim a refund. Due to fluctuating exchange rates I've lost out on the refunds too! And I've been waiting since September to fix my T300Chi.
    This AliExpress supplier is now saying "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" Was it ever?

I'm now looking at alternatives. There are two screens on offer for: B125HAN01.0 resolution 1920*1080 and LQ125T1JX03C resolution 2560*1440. Are there any compatibility issues? I'm hoping the connectors are the same, as far as I can see there was only ever one option of Intel Graphics 5300.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    This AliExpress supplier is now saying "Sorry, this item is no longer available!" Was it ever?

I'm now looking at alternatives. There are two screens on offer for: B125HAN01.0 resolution 1920*1080 and LQ125T1JX03C resolution 2560*1440. Are there any compatibility issues? I'm hoping the connectors are the same, as far as I can see there was only ever one option of Intel Graphics 5300.
    I mistakenly convinced myself that the two displays for this model would be compatible. Wrong! The B125HAN01.0 (1820 * 1080) has a 30 pin eDP interface (2 lanes) and the LQ125T1JX03C (2560*1440) has a 40 pin eDP interface (4 lanes). I thought I'd seen a picture of the LQ125T1JX03C showing a 30 pin connector and that's what I ordered from AliExpress. The motherboard of my T300CHI has only a 30 pin connector. I ordered a B125HAN01.0 and cleared the decks, Christmas was fast approaching with demands for accomodating visitors.

When the display arrived I taped them together and was able to verify that I now had a potentially good machine again. I'd cleaned up the bezel ready and applied double-sided tape ready to complete the job and I'd eased the keyboard hinge which I believe had been responsible for the crack in the first place. I should have been satisfied with this but I considered that display clarity was impaired by having an air gap between display and digitizer. I wanted a solution which allowed future separation of the display and digitiser should I have to replace either in the future, so having checked its electrical properties I introduced liquid paraffin between the two and initially this did indeed restore the clarity but over a few hours the liquid paraffin seeped into the inner layers of the display and ruined it.

I now have a pre-attached display and digitizer from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...608.0.0.ziOWmJ . There are now several suppliers of similar pre-attached pairs on Aliexpress and the price is about half of that 6 months ago. Having fitted it I now think display clarity is no better than I had previously with the separate items I'd taped together and I'm not convinced there isn't an air gap in this latest pair. A professional solution would be to fix them together with LOCA glue but I don't have the confidence to do this with a large area so I'll call quits stick with what I've got. I also got a Moko case and find it holds the screen into the case so snugly that I won't bother to complete a permanent fix. I think Moko only made one batch of these cases and they're fast disappearing.

I would recommend anyone to follow the advice of breast69au who made the first post on this thread, also to ease the keyboard hinge while you have the chance.

Easing the keyboard hinge is relatively simple:

1. Remove the four rubber feet from the base.

2. Remove 6 torx screws and 4 Philips screws, noting their positions as they are of differing lengths.

3. Prise around the base cover to snap it off.

4. Remove the hinge fixings, slide off the flaps. They are probably quite stiff.

5. File down the ribs on the hinge pegs until the flaps when replaced are sufficiently looser.

I hope I won't have to do anything like this again. One thing I've learned is to avoid glued up devices where I can't get to the battery more easily.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by breast69au View Post
    Hi Guys, my first post here to, my brother in law has one of the Asus T300Chi Tablets and his missus accidentally dropped it. I have the task of fixing the tablet for him. It isnt a difficult repair to do but you need to order the right parts and have the right tools and patience to do it. Its no more difficult then repairing a mobile phone or ipad.

First of all you need to order the parts to repair it. Now for the first time repairer or someone who has done simple repairs I would recommend getting this one.

New Original 12.5 "Inch For Asus T300chi T3chi LCD Display + Touch Screen Assembly 1920*1080 B125HAN01.0-in Tablet LCDs & Panels from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Its a little bit more expensive but its going to be easier to repair for the first timer. This one has the screen glued on to the back of the digitizer. I would HIGHLY recommend this one as unless you are a professional you will never remove the lcd off the tablet yet alone off this back of the digitizer.

Tools your going to need are a

- Pry tool and some guitar picks.
    - Heat Pack, I used a wheat pack, ifixit sell Iopener. You can also use a hair dryer but I find the Heat pack the best.

Before you get started there are a couple of places around the sides you need to be careful with. about 5cms down from the top right hand corner there is a wifi antenna, Top middle you have the camera and flash, bottom of the left hand side there is the Wifi antenna. The connecting cords for the lcd screen are on the bottom right corner, and the touch screen is on the top left of the screen.

1. Start by heating up your heat pack, I usually put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then lay the heat pack along the left hand edge of the tablet, leave it there for 45secs to a 1 min.

2.Starting from the bottom left around 4 - 5cms from the corner, use you pry tool to lift the glass. Run it down to the bottom left and place a guitar pick in the corner. work the pry tool slowly up to the top left corner. As you go you may need to replace the heat pack on the edge to add a touch bit more heat and use as many guitar picks as you need to keep the glass from resticking back down.

3. Reheat and place the heat pack on the top edge of the tablet, and use the pry tool to work your way from the left to the right, inserting guitar picks along the way to keep it elevated. Remember to be carefully of the camera, only insert pry tool a maximum depth of 5mm above the camera and flash, but run push it down 10mm between the camera and flash.

4. Reheat and place on bottom edge of the tablet then run pry tool from left to right inserting guitar picks as you go.

5. Reheat and place on Right hand edge of tablet, then run the pry tool down the length of the screen. Just remember there is a wifi antenna 5cm from the top right corner. so dont go into deep there. Use guitar picks to keep the screen from resticking back down.

6. Lift the screen ever so slightly up and move up wards to reveal the lcd cable. It is helled down by 2 little pieces of very sticky tape. remove the tape and gentle slide the connector out.

7. Move the screen down to reveal the digitizer flex cable. there is a piece of tape holding that into. Carefully remove the tape, and if the tape hasnt already removed the digitizer ribbon from the connectors, then lift up the back of the connectors and slide the touch ribbon out.

8. Clean up the double sided tape from the tablet from the outside bezel. You can remove the bezel for ease of cleaning by removing the 12 screws.

9. Flip the digitizer and lcd over. on the bottom of the screen find the lcd flex ribbon. remove the piece of sticky tape holding the connector and ribbon together and slide the ribbon out, you will need to reuse the ribbon.

10. Congratulations you have removed the Screen and digitizer from your tablet.
    This is great. I would warn that the sticky tape used is nearly impossible to separate with that heat pad. So I ended up using a hairdryer and the bezel melted. I bought the bezel for 12 euro from Asus and got the screen from aliexpress. Don't buy just the touchpanel. It is impossible to separate it. If you see how they do it on phones, then the glue + surface area = impossible. So basically, buy the combination. The bezel comes with the sticky stuff, so installation is MUCH easier. Besides doing everything exactly opposite to put it back together, I'll include a picture so you can be careful and you can see what's inside. This was the only thing missing from the post. Besides a video on how to do it.

IMG_20170306_113250.jpg

IMG_20170306_114040.jpg

IMG_20170306_115033.jpg
    Add weight so that the screen presses against the glue / sticky stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    janner43 and Tor like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    On my T300 Chi there was a problem where the right-hand side of the screen had a dark band. In the process of replacing the screen I made two mistakes. The first was that I broke the bezel, which I've been able to track down and order a part for. The second was that the connector for the screen cracked and broke, making it impossible to connect the new screen. Does anyone have any idea where I can find that part? I can't track it down and ASUS has told me they won't sell a part to an end-user.

MessedUp.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links