Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times

How can i buy ASUS Transformer Book T300 Chi Micro USB 3.0 Hub?

I have a T300 Chi and have tried different ways of connecting a usb 3 hub to the micro usb 3 port without success. Cables work with a single drive connected but not a hub connected to micro usb 3. It works using the micro usb 2 otg cable provided but I want usb 3 speed. I searched online and Asus has a micro usb 3 hub but there does not appear to be any way of buying online or at a store. Please help.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks-Acces...ro_USB_30_Hub/

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco62 View Post
    I have a T300 Chi and have tried different ways of connecting a usb 3 hub to the micro usb 3 port without success. Cables work with a single drive connected but not a hub connected to micro usb 3. It works using the micro usb 2 otg cable provided but I want usb 3 speed. I searched online and Asus has a micro usb 3 hub but there does not appear to be any way of buying online or at a store. Please help.

https://www.asus.com/Notebooks-Acces...ro_USB_30_Hub/
    What a coincidence that you bring this up. I spent a couple of hours this evening trying to solve the same problem. I was concerned that maybe it was a hardware problem, but hearing that you have identical symptoms eases that concern.

I bought a USB 3.0 OTG cable. I have 2 different brands of USB3 hubs. Connecting any one device to the OTG works normally. Connecting either of the the hubs to the OTG results in normal indications. Plugging one USB3 device into a hub works perfectly. However, a second or third USB3 device will not be recognized by the system.

Strangely, using any hub and combination of devices will work perfectly if I use a USB 2.0 OTG dongle. That will get me by for a while, but if like to solve the USB 3.0 hub dilemma eventually.

I'm on windows 10. Are you? I wish I had tried this when I first got the T300, and was still running Windows 8, to rule out an OS problem. But I have win 10 on another pc, and don't have the issue there.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I am also using win10 os

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    Same scenario here, and I also did not test this before my Windows 10 upgrade (of course, I also did not have a micro USB OTG cable before then either). The same USB 3 hub worked perfectly on my Surface Pro 3 with multiple devices, in both versions of Windows. I suspect the issue is hardware/firmware related and will be disappointing if not addressed in a future firmware update. The lack of connectivity options is perhaps the biggest shortcomings of the Chi, and this doesn't help matters at all.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Any chance we can get a response from Asus on this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    I ended up buying this HUB and it works great! UGREEN USB 3.0 HUB 4 port with OTG Function

If you buy this, make sure you buy the model with the item code '20293' or '20285' since those are the hub models with the USB 3.0 OTG connector. This hub also has a 5v power input where you can attach a 5v 3.5mm AC adapter to make it powered.

All usb ports work fine with this hub. I currently have a headset and external hard drive connected.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    That looks great, sofreshizzy, and would love it if that were the solution.

Can you confirm that you've connected multiple USB 3.0 devices successfully to the hub. I can connect multiple USB 2.0 devices to my USB 3.0 hub with no problems. But no USB 3.0 devices are recognized, unless I use the Asus-provided USB 2.0 dongle. {I've been testing with several USB 3.0 flash drives}. Essentially, the T300 USB port will only work as a USB 2.0 port, in my experience.

I've tried 2 different micro USB 3.0 dongles, and 3 different USB 3.0 hubs. Same result each time: At most, the first USB 3.0 flash drive plugged in is recognized. None after that. Sometimes, none are recognized (no response at all from Windows.) I'm thinking there's a driver problem, but not sure where to go from here.
    Sent from my Asus T300 Chi

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    Hi Barotropic--you're right--this looks like an issue!

It doesn't work with multiple USB 3.0 devices. I also plugged in my ac adapter so I think I can rule out it's a power issue. For me, the max is 1 USB 3.0 device + any number of USB 2.0 devices connected to the HUB.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Disappointing. I think we're all using Win10. Would be nice to know what result a Win8 user is getting.

Can't do it until later, but I'm going to check and report back on the BIOS version I'm running. Maybe that's a factor?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    I finally had time to check my BIOS version, and found that ithet tablet was delivered with version 204, which was several months old. The latest on the Asus support site is 207, built in August. So I downloaded it, and used the Winflash utility to update the T300. Pretty painless process, but it didn't solve the USB 3.0 problem. I'm sure the BIOS update was worth the few minutes it took, but not sure exactly what the benefits are.

In tinkering with the USB 3.0 dongle, it seems that my tablet will always recognize the first USB 3.0 device plugged in, whether that is the hub or a flash drive. But the second device will not be recognized, whether it is plugged into the hub or directly into the dongle. No subsequent devices will be recognized until the dongle is removed, then reconnected.

I'm going research this some more, but I'm almost out of ideas. Next, I'll contact Asus support. Hopefully they can add me to the list of people needing a solution to this problem.
    Sent from my Asus T300 Chi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links