Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had to resort to a bluetooth mouse just so I could have my external drive hooked up because of this...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Can you use the external drive via a hub plugged into the Asus USB 2 dongle?

I'm able to get everything done that I need to using the USB dongle, but of course it bothers me that I don't have the USB 3 option that was advertised.

I'd still buy the T300 Chi if it only claimed a USB 2 port. But that doesn't mean I'm giving up.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Digitech xc-4952 4 port hub Works fine plugged in using the usb adapter. Can charge Keyboard,,, use wireless mouse and plug in two usb sticks.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SquareD View Post
    Digitech xc-4952 4 port hub Works fine plugged in using the usb adapter. Can charge Keyboard,,, use wireless mouse and plug in two usb sticks.

Glad to hear that!

Where did you find this hub? No luck spotting it on amazon (US), or in a quick Google search.

Also, just to be certain, are you testing with multiple USB 3.0 devices plugged in? My hub works fine with a mouse and multiple USB 2.0 flash drives plugged in, but not with USB 3.0 flash drives.

Sent from my T300 Chi using mTalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    1 times
    I wonder if this works. I do like the idea of having an SD card slot to dump photos and whatnot. I don't mind the USB2.0 ports. I think what people don't realize is how much power is drawn from USB3.0 devices which can explain why certain devices may or may not work depending on how many devices are plugged in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Power

Amazon.com: VONOTO 7 in 1 Micro USB 3.0 OTG Host adapter HUB OTG SD(HC)/MS/M2/TF Card reader,3 USB 2.0 Port Adapter HUB, and OTG Adapter, Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Note 3/ Note 8.0 / Galaxy S4 S3 / Nexus 4 5 7 (Micro USB 3.0 7 in 1 Black)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys, I can confirm the TPLink UH400 USB3.0 hub (http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-UH400-...dp/B012B6YQY6/) works with multiple USB 3 devices. I've tested with a Kingston Datatraveler G4 16GB and an external HDD (500GB that is specced to draw about 0.7Amps), alongside another USB2 thumbdrive. The hub is connected using the adapter that came with the T300. Granted it is only USB2 speed, but it works. I'll test in a couple of days with a USB 3 cable as well update the thread.

Cheers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by quazimodem View Post
    I wonder if this works. I do like the idea of having an SD card slot to dump photos and whatnot. I don't mind the USB2.0 ports. I think what people don't realize is how much power is drawn from USB3.0 devices which can explain why certain devices may or may not work depending on how many devices are plugged in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Power

Amazon.com: VONOTO 7 in 1 Micro USB 3.0 OTG Host adapter HUB OTG SD(HC)/MS/M2/TF Card reader,3 USB 2.0 Port Adapter HUB, and OTG Adapter, Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Note 3/ Note 8.0 / Galaxy S4 S3 / Nexus 4 5 7 (Micro USB 3.0 7 in 1 Black)
    I bought and received this item today. It is a native micro USB 3.0 OTG hub. I connected directly to the micro USB 3.0 port and attached 2 flash drives and one external USB hard drive (USB powered) using the (3) available USB 2.0 ports. I am able to use all 3 devices with no issues so far. This is what I preferred from day 1. I didn't want any "extra" power adapters or USB converters to connect to this USB hub. I'm running straight off the T300's battery too which makes this setup appealing and cool to me.

So if anyone was interested... just confirming that this works.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had no luck buying this ASUS Transformer Book T300 Chi Micro USB 3.0 Hub.

Here's my story on an alternative. I'm no expert on this but I do not believe an OTG cable should be used with the asus chi to connect to a hub. My understanding of an OTG cable if for use with the likes of mobile phones to simulate a phone as a normal pc usb.

What I found when using an otg cable connected to a standard USB 3.0 hub was very strange laptop behaviour. My bluethooth mouse consistently randomly failed, and the whole PC performance including internet access and browser lock ups started to randomly occur. Once i replaced the cable with a standard NON OTG cable the problems went away. It was as if the otg cable was creating some conflict with the other laptop ports. Perhaps a more qualified expert could verify the probability of this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco62 View Post
    Any chance we can get a response from Asus on this?
    GIVE UP and return for a refund ASAP.....DO IT!!!!! too late I'm sure....sorry for your loss.

cts
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by johub View Post
    I have had no luck buying this ASUS Transformer Book T300 Chi Micro USB 3.0 Hub.

Here's my story on an alternative. I'm no expert on this but I do not believe an OTG cable should be used with the asus chi to connect to a hub. My understanding of an OTG cable if for use with the likes of mobile phones to simulate a phone as a normal pc usb.

What I found when using an otg cable connected to a standard USB 3.0 hub was very strange laptop behaviour. My bluethooth mouse consistently randomly failed, and the whole PC performance including internet access and browser lock ups started to randomly occur. Once i replaced the cable with a standard NON OTG cable the problems went away. It was as if the otg cable was creating some conflict with the other laptop ports. Perhaps a more qualified expert could verify the probability of this?
    hello, i try to find a micro usb3 to usb3 female NOT otg cable/adapter but i cant find. can you please tell us where you found yours?

-christos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links