Like Tree5Likes

Thread: T300 Chi Tech Tips and Info

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Let's say, as is likely the case, you can only charge via the DC charger and not via the micro-USB type 3-C. Is there an affordable external battery that should work with such a configuration for, say, under $50? I've seen DC to USB converters for cheap that should theoretically be able to plug into a USB roll-of-quarters style external battery. But I'm not sure how or if that would work. Any external batteries for laptops that I have found that are made for DC chargers are upwards of $100.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HJKeener View Post
    Let's say, as is likely the case, you can only charge via the DC charger and not via the micro-USB type 3-C. Is there an affordable external battery that should work with such a configuration for, say, under $50? I've seen DC to USB converters for cheap that should theoretically be able to plug into a USB roll-of-quarters style external battery. But I'm not sure how or if that would work. Any external batteries for laptops that I have found that are made for DC chargers are upwards of $100.
    I'm not sure, but the other Transformer devices made by Asus almost all had the "fast charger" outputting 12 Volts... you may have trouble finding an external battery that will match the stock charger... A lot of external chargers don't work for that reason... check the specifications if you can find them for the charging....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Can anyone recommend a car charging cable that works with the T300 Chi?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    U are correct, most any . Because of the 12volt charging spec a normal USB battery charger will not work, even if you can find a USB to D.C. cable to stick in the T300chi charging port.

I use a RAVpower Xtreme series model RP-PB14 23000 mAh battery, and it works very well. And yes it cost 99.99 on amazon and is no longer available at Amazon. Note that the output of the battery adjusts to the T300chi 12volt input charging requirement.

Remember be careful of what u plug into ur charging port as you might damage the unit if the electrical specifications are not adhered to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300 Chi
    Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone recommend a car charging cable that works with the T300 Chi?
    I have a charger that plugged into the car charging/power socket. And this item is still available at Amazon

iTEKIRO Auto Car Charger for Asus Transformer Book T300 Chi, T300CHI, T300CHI-DSM2T-CA, T300CHI-F1-DB; Asus AD890326 Type 010BLF + 10-in-1 USB Charging Cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links