Thread: 1/2 touch panel

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

1/2 touch panel

I discovered a problem with my touch panel in both windows and android.......the right side of the panel is active to touch and the left side has no response.I have tried many web solutions to no avail...is there a particular driver that I need? I even chatted with tech support at ASSes with the usual "send it in". I don't think it is a lost cause....yet....any help is appreciated.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aiou View Post
    I discovered a problem with my touch panel in both windows and android.......the right side of the panel is active to touch and the left side has no response.I have tried many web solutions to no avail...is there a particular driver that I need? I even chatted with tech support at ASSes with the usual "send it in". I don't think it is a lost cause....yet....any help is appreciated.
    Hi aiou, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. Since the issue happens on both OS, the issue does lean towards being hardware related. Please try these steps then test your device:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
    3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
    4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
    5. Press and hold down the Power button for about 45 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
    6. Plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
    7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
    8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally , and then press the Enter key.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your response........but it shows that you are unfamiliar with the P1801-T...it is a computer with it's own power supply and a tablet with it's own power supply.The tablet docks into the computer as a digital touch screen and at the touch of a button becomes an android tablet....that can remotely become a computer with the splash top app.The android screen has it's own driver and the computer has it's own hid compliant drivers.I think that either could be the problem as a first step in the diagnosis......half a screen not working is really an unusual occurrence and I can agree maybe it is fubarred...but I have to try all possible suggestions.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aiou View Post
    Thank you for your response........but it shows that you are unfamiliar with the P1801-T...it is a computer with it's own power supply and a tablet with it's own power supply.The tablet docks into the computer as a digital touch screen and at the touch of a button becomes an android tablet....that can remotely become a computer with the splash top app.The android screen has it's own driver and the computer has it's own hid compliant drivers.I think that either could be the problem as a first step in the diagnosis......half a screen not working is really an unusual occurrence and I can agree maybe it is fubarred...but I have to try all possible suggestions.
    Thank you for the response. Our apologies about the mistake in our previous response. We are familiar with this device. We were referring to removing the tablet portion from the base which it sits to be used as an AIO and performing the steps. We do have one of these in front of us. It's one of the reason why we did not suggest a driver as this happens on both OS.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    The story continues......A few weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a new digitizer screen from China...not knowing really if it would solve the touch issue.I had noticed that whenever I touched the non working side of the touch the pad...that a little gray area appeared about three inches in from the left side and three inches from the top left....I had enabled touch visualization so I had thought the pad was trying to make a circle in that area.The screen arrived last week....so on to the to disassembling the pad having no guide to follow but having some experience in opening tablets....I looked for screws...none visible.....until I pried the black bezel off that centered with the docking slot. There were six screws which I removed and proceeded to seperate the back from the front.....I managed to get it released and expected the back to come off......no such luck and I wasn't going to force it.While I was thinking "what do I do now"...... I turned the pad on and guess what?.. touch worked on the entire pad.....wtf....I'll close it up and dock it and try windows.....problem it would not close properly on the left side as if if there was an obstruction...left it open docked it turned on the main unit...touch worked full screen in windows as well.I have never opened the pad before but I have this suspicion that something was putting pressure on the pad screen from the inside which stopped touch on the left side...something getting out of line...docking and undocking shook something loose...I really don't know.I am glad touch is working now.....but it would be nice....if there were instructions for taking the pad apart....so I can see what the obstruction could be.....for now I will leave it...as touch is working.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    ...forgot about this.... Replacement LCD ....gentle nudging and patience.....didn't work for me in removing the back as yet.I think the digitizer screen and the LCD screen are 2 different entities.China offers a LCD screen but states it is non touch and over 200 US...does that mean the digitizer screen enables the non touch LCD screen....to be touch?
    Last edited by aiou; 10-07-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links