Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Android portion of p1801 dead

I have had my transformer p1801 for about 8 months now. Everything was working fine. The kids were playing their educational games on the tablet when it was time for lunch. Everything was working fine until after lunch. Came back to do some work on the tablet and the screen was black. The PC portion works fine but the Android portion doesn't respond at all. I have tried charging on the dock, the power supply, with a USB plugged into a computer, with a USB plugged into an outlet. I have tried holding do the power button to do a reset. I have tried using a paper clip and resetting it like the manual said. When it is plugged in and you push the power button no light comes on. If you hold the power button down it will flash two orange lights and then nothing but only when connected to a power source otherwise you don't get any lights. Please help I have some very important information on this tablet that I need access to. I just found out the backup I made failed so I need that info off of it. ASUS wants me to send the whole computer back to them at my expense.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    The standard warranty is for 12 months so you are within the warranty so they should pay for the shipping. But you WILL have to send in the whole computer.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem with my Pad. It is completely dead after 5 months and I can do nothing with that. Also tried to reset it but unsuccessfully.
    I have no idea what to do as currently I use this AiO in my company mostly as PC and I have a lot of important documents and programs installed so I have huge problem with sending all computer to Asus. I am really upset with all this situation and this hardware.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bernbout View Post
    The standard warranty is for 12 months so you are within the warranty so they should pay for the shipping. But you WILL have to send in the whole computer.
    I was told by customer support that yes it was in warranty but that I would have to pay to ship it them. I am trying to figure out if there is a fix before I give up and send it them.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Please let me know if you will find some fix.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal10 View Post
    Please let me know if you will find some fix.
    did anyone ever find a solution?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you tried doing a hard reset? I read about it somewhere, when in tablet mode. Turn off. Turn back on while holding the volume up key (might be volume down). That's all I got.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    I just started experiencing the same problem. While in PC mode and with the tablet docked, I pressed the blue button on the side to switch to Android mode. The screen was black, but I could see the backlight around the edges. I held down the power button until it shut off. It automatically restarted and the Android mode worked! I hope this helps some, if not all of you.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by techiemomof5 View Post
    I have had my transformer p1801 for about 8 months now. Everything was working fine. The kids were playing their educational games on the tablet when it was time for lunch. Everything was working fine until after lunch. Came back to do some work on the tablet and the screen was black. The PC portion works fine but the Android portion doesn't respond at all. I have tried charging on the dock, the power supply, with a USB plugged into a computer, with a USB plugged into an outlet. I have tried holding do the power button to do a reset. I have tried using a paper clip and resetting it like the manual said. When it is plugged in and you push the power button no light comes on. If you hold the power button down it will flash two orange lights and then nothing but only when connected to a power source otherwise you don't get any lights. Please help I have some very important information on this tablet that I need access to. I just found out the backup I made failed so I need that info off of it. ASUS wants me to send the whole computer back to them at my expense.
    techiemomof5 - We're sorry that you're having these troubles with your P1801 AIO. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with the serial number of your unit and we'll do our best to assist you with this.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you.

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links