Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Just received my AIO P1801 and am having some difficulty getting things going...

I found this forum as I was googling for information while I'm trying to get my AIO P1801 up to speed. So far I noticed as others reported that the tablet was zero battery, I began charging it right away and after leaving it plugged in for a couple of hours and the light was still amber I was beginning to worry.

So, I left it a bit longer. Proceeded to plug in an HDMI cable to the dock and try to boot the dock and at least get into the Windows 8 OS on the dock. The power light comes on, HDD spins up and blinks a little, I change the input on TV to match and get a ASUS banner, a press this key to enter bios, then black screen and nothing but my mouse cursor on the display. Have left that too and it hasn't come back and booted into Windows 8 yet.

Now, back to the tablet, I see the light turned green so I turn it on and that was about 15 minutes ago and its showing a ASUS banner with whirling circle and there it sits still.... Is this normal behavior for out of the box fun? I'm not terribly worried as I purchased from Amazon and also bought the 4yr extended plan but since there's absolutely bare minimum available for errors and troubleshooting information I thought it wise to join the forum. Can anyone point in the best location for startup information and troubleshooting tips? Thanks so much

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times
    Welcome to the forum. Check this link below:

ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 Forum

There may be some tips/information within the sub-forum that can help you.

edit: I've also moved your thread to the AiO Help section.
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-21-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey bro, i am no wizard but all i can tell you is when i took mine out of the box it had some charge in it and it fired up straight away. In fact i bought mine from amazon and thought it had a fault so they sent a replacement immediately. i took that out of the box and that too had some charge and switched on immediately.

I would say you have a defective machine and should contact amazon for a replacement. of course i am no expert and the thing may come to life with a bit of charge but id be a tad worried with that machine.

sorry i have no real info to offer but there are better experts on these forums who can help im sure.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that info. I've since been able to configure the Windows 8 portion AND it's also now displaying on the TV. The tablet though is just sitting at the ASUS banner and whirling circle. I can try powering that down and rebooting to see if I get anything different. Very cool machine when things work :-) Even still I cant say that I wish I wouldn't have purchased. I'm determined that even if it takes a little time and hassle in the end I'm going to LOVE this machine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    1 times
    so if the tablet turns on, albeit only to the asus banner, you should be able to get it into recovery mode in android. when you say you got it to display on the tv does it also display on the tablet?

I got to say if powering it down doesnt resolve your issue i would definitely contact amazon just in case you have a bad one.

good luck

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juswannabefree View Post
    The tablet though is just sitting at the ASUS banner and whirling circle. I can try powering that down and rebooting to see if I get anything different.
    Did you ever get the tablet working? If your tablet is ever stuck you can hold down the power button for 10 secs and it will perform a hard reboot.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links