Thread: Replacement LCD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Replacement LCD

So my lady dropped my tablet. And it just cracked the LCD. The cost to replace it via ASUS is to expensive. And since i repair Tablets lcd's and digitizer's i took a wack at getting to the LCD my self. Very easy btw. Now just looking to find the LCD it self online at a price that is not buying 10 at one time from china. So if anyone has any good resources to find lcd's based on modal number please help some one out.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Ouch simdude sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, what was the replacement cost from ASUS?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Screen

Did you have any luck in finding a screen and a digitizer? I cracked mini also and I am looking for one myself

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    1 times
    shengyuanweiye - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling tablet screen,screen door pet door,tablet laptop and more on Aliexpress.com

Says $68 FOR SCREEN AND $13 FOR SHIPPING.

Couldn't find more info as they were offline.

Maybe this place will have what you need.

http://www.hpq-parts.com/LTN184HT01-..._id=112&page=9
    Last edited by Lowmaintenance; 12-20-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: update

BSX
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

I also cracked the screen but not the LCD. The screen is still working but the touchscreen is not responsive. I sent the unit for repair and they say that they have to change both the screen and the LCD (ref: VIDEO - MODULE LCD + VITRE - 90R-PT00I1LD1100Q). The total cost is 665.
    It does not seem to me that the LCD is glued to the touchscreen glass on this model.
    Could someone confirm me that it possible to change the glass only?

Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    €665? That's crazy. You can almost buya new tablet part for that (http://www.amazon.co.uk/P1801-T-B012.../dp/B00F6TKQ2M)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anybody know how to open the tablet without cracking it?

Thanks

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman8 View Post
    Does anybody know how to open the tablet without cracking it?

Thanks
    I've never done it but...if you look at the bottom where the docking ports are, you see that there is a removable black plastic cover that hides the tablet's screws. I only assume that once you unscrew the correct screws, you will be able to pull the tablet apart. Just pull gently on the black plastic piece to reveal them. As I said though, I've never tried it but figured that someday I'd need to replace the tablet battery and wanted to know how to get into it.

Please post your results if you do infact take your tablet apart. I'm sure many (including myself) are curious. Pics would be great too.

Good luck.

Pie
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djlott View Post
    I've never done it but...if you look at the bottom where the docking ports are, you see that there is a removable black plastic cover that hides the tablet's screws. I only assume that once you unscrew the correct screws, you will be able to pull the tablet apart. Just pull gently on the black plastic piece to reveal them. As I said though, I've never tried it but figured that someday I'd need to replace the tablet battery and wanted to know how to get into it.

Please post your results if you do in fact take your tablet apart. I'm sure many (including myself) are curious. Pics would be great too.

Good luck.
    I just did this screen/digitizer repair on the P1801T. It's really easy compared to, say, an Apple laptop screen replacement. Here are the steps for just replacing the screen/digitizer (presuming you've purchased one already; I found my replacement on eBay from China for $120 plus shipping):

1.You do indeed remove the black plastic cover.
    2. Remove the screws (4 or 6; can't remember) around the now-exposed bottom ports.
    3. (I think this is optional) Under the stand leg, there are stickers. If you need access to the hinge for some reason, the sticker at the top is concealing 4 screws. I ended up not needing to remove them (though I did anyways), but if you have a bad hinge this is where the action is.
    4. Use a pry or two or three (a thin narrow putty knife, for example) to GENTLY edge around between the screen/digitizer and the back cover. Using multiple prys and letting it rest a bit as you stressed the plastic seemed helpful. Note that there are pieces of plastic you won't pry through (because they loosely affix the two pieces); when you encounter one of these is usually a good time to switch to another pry and ease it along. Eventually and with gentle patience, you will disengage the back cover from the rest of the tablet.
    NOTE: the guts are all attached to the screen/digitizer in well-assembled casings... so there's no need to mess with any of the guts unless that's what you're attempting to replace. (As to the above quote, the battery seems to be in its own subcase, but I didn't get too nosy since everything was functional for me.)
    5. With the back cover detached, you'll notice that there are two or three connectors that run from the back cover into the guts. I didn't even remove them. Instead, sat the tablet screen down on my lap, and simply stood the back cover up next to my right leg. It was unnecessary to remove these connectors; they all are on the same side of the tablet.
    6. There are 4 different sets of screws to remove at this point. Mainly, there are 15 screws which attach the case holding the guts to the screen/digitizer. At first, you'll only see 12, because the other three are covered by pieces for which you'll also have to remove screws. Remove the 12 you can see.
    7. On the left and right side are some plastic bars that each have 2 screws in them and which each hide 1 of the aforementioned covered screws. Altogether, you'll remove 6 more screws here.
    8. Near the bottom port, there are 2 kinda-coppery brackets with 3 screws each. You need only loosen all 6 of these screws to the point where the brackets come out; sit the brackets on the side and leave those screws inside of them.
    9. While you're here, the bottom port itself has two screws in it. Remove these, and gently bend the bottom port towards the innards of the tablet. This reveals the final hidden screw from Step 6. Remove this screw.
    10. The only thing holding the guts (which are one piece) to the screen/digitizer at this point are some pieces of tape to keep wires in place, and the digitizer connector. First, gently unpeel the different tapes (two short thick black pieces near the top of the tablet on left and right, one big flat piece of tape holding wires near to the back cover-attached side, and I think one more piece of tape on the side farthest from the back cover. The digitizer's connector is attached to the motherboard via 2 flip grips. Flip up the white pieces and gently remove the connector, and slide it out from under the wires/assembly that runs over top of it. (You'll see, this is no big deal.)
    11. At the very top of the unit, tension allows the screen/digitizer to grab onto the guts case. If you push the two plastic pieces away from centre here, they stop grabbing. Again, this is no big deal; there are plastic guide nubs all around the internals of this gadget. As long as you are gentle, it'd be difficult to break anything here. (Don't try and prove me wrong!)
    12. Sit the guts in the back cover, prepare your new screen, and repeat the above in reverse to reassemble. That's it!

I did not have to detach any internal parts with the exception of the digitizer connector itself. This was way way easier than I anticipated, and no wrinkles arose. I would recommend turning it on and trying out the new screen to make sure it responds to touch before reassembling fully.

I hope this is helpful; pictures (and a short unnarrated video of the open case) may be available upon request.

Good luck!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Pictures that you can post here would certainly be helpful. Please post them here. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links