Thread: Got Unlocked P1801-T with TWRP

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    1 times

Got Unlocked P1801-T with TWRP

well, finnaly got unlocked P1801-T with TWRP installed)
    i've use to about 7 ROM's (from TF300 and TF700) - flashing no problem, loading, launcher - everithing works fine.. except wifi and camera))
    so, if anyone of us can make working port from TF700 or TF300, we can easily flash it and test it)
    *pardon my english
    nickidml likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Anyone managed this recently?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyGone View Post
    well, finnaly got unlocked P1801-T with TWRP installed)
    i've use to about 7 ROM's (from TF300 and TF700) - flashing no problem, loading, launcher - everithing works fine.. except wifi and camera))
    so, if anyone of us can make working port from TF700 or TF300, we can easily flash it and test it)
    *pardon my english
    Just wondering, did you manage to find any working ROMs that could update the stock Android OS? I haven't used the android side for a couple of years due to security concerns and out-of-date apps. Shame, as it being wholly underused from when I bought it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm looking in to this at the moment. If I have any success I'll be sure to post it up so others can know because if someone else has succeded, they dont seem to have put it anywhere on the net - not that I can find.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    2 times
    After much reading, experimenting and searching for links to various tools that aren't dead, I finally got mine rooted, unlocked and installed twrp - still on stock Jellybean ROM for now.

To root stock ROM I first used the kingoroot apk from their website. It was quick and easy and you can stop there, but I really didn't want to leave all their ad/bloat ware on my device so I downloaded the root kit from here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2684210
    and followed the "METHOD 1" instructions up to no.7.
    Instead of following step 8, I used FX File Explorer from play store to move the files to their appropriate folders. Then uninstalled kingo.

Forget towelroot or framaroot, they don't work anymore.

A good idea to at least make a titanium back up at this point.

To unlock boot loader I used ASUS unlock tool v8 (v7 doesn't support the p1801). It DID NOT delete my apps. I dont know if it deleted user data because i had already backed mine up and deleted it. I had to remove my Google account from the tablet for it to work - it took me 2 days to find this out! If it doesn't work you, you may have to register your serial number on ASUS website and be connected to the internet when using the tool. You can then uninstall it once unlocked if you want.

Installing twrp - v3.2 i think, for the tf300 tablet - was done with fastboot (included in the root kit mentioned earlier).

Now you can nandroid back up with twrp.

I have a couple of ROMs to try out when I get a chance - including one nougat based ROM - and will come back with the results.

For future reference I'll also try and do a proper step by step write-up with links.
    Last edited by Kraiye; 10-14-2018 at 01:02 PM.
    QuayPad and nickidml like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraiye View Post
    After much reading, experimenting and searching for links to various tools that aren't dead, I finally got mine rooted, unlocked and installed twrp - still on stock Jellybean ROM for now.

To root stock ROM I first used the kingoroot apk from their website. It was quick and easy and you can stop there, but I really didn't want to leave all their ad/bloat ware on my device so I downloaded the root kit from here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2684210
    and followed the "METHOD 1" instructions up to no.7.
    Instead of following step 8, I used FX File Explorer from play store to move the files to their appropriate folders. Then uninstalled kingo.

Forget towelroot or framaroot, they don't work anymore.

A good idea to at least make a titanium back up at this point.

To unlock boot loader I used ASUS unlock tool v8 (v7 doesn't support the p1801). It DID NOT delete my apps. I dont know if it deleted user data because i had already backed mine up and deleted it. I had to remove my Google account from the tablet for it to work - it took me 2 days to find this out! If it doesn't work you, you may have to register your serial number on ASUS website and be connected to the internet when using the tool. You can then uninstall it once unlocked if you want.

Installing twrp - v3.2 i think, for the tf300 tablet - was done with fastboot (included in the root kit mentioned earlier).

Now you can nandroid back up with twrp.

I have a couple of ROMs to try out when I get a chance - including one nougat based ROM - and will come back with the results.

For future reference I'll also try and do a proper step by step write-up with links.
    I can't wait for the results! Where did you find these ROM's you speak of?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    2 times

My P1801-T is dead :(

Update:
    I killed my tablet
    After a lot of flashing various ROMs and recoveries, TWRP ran in to trouble reading partition info. I had a ROM installed that booted but didn't work well so I was in the process of returning to stock but .zip files were failing to flash in twrp. adb also started having trouble writing boot/recovery images.
    Eventually it went into boot loop, not going further than the ASUS logo. Holding vol- does nothing and fastboot doesn't find it.
    Oh well, I never used the tablet because JB didn't suit my needs. At least the touch screen still works when docked to the PC.
    By the way, the blue button seems to work independent of the rest of the tablet. Even with the tablet unable to boot, the blue button still works.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nickidml View Post
    I can't wait for the results! Where did you find these ROM's you speak of?
    This forum sucks on my phone. Every time I try to edit a post, it just gets deleted!

I downloaded a bunch of ROMs from xda-developers for ASUS T200/300/700.
    I got to test a few but WiFi was a deal breaker for me - if WiFi didn't work I didn't test that ROM any further. I didn't find any that WiFi worked with.
    Also, formatting data to f2s caused all of them to not boot so I was forced to stick with ext4.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh man that blows that you bricked you tablet :-( For future reference what was the last ROM you tried before you couldn't get back to stock?

Has anyone tried the stocks of the ASUS T200/300/700 to see if wifi works?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Turns out I can't even get unlocked. I'm running Android 4.2.1. I'm using Asus unlock tool v8. I keep getting "An unknown error occurs which may be a network connection issue. Please wait and try again later." I'm worried as googling this error has proven to be very difficult for many to overcome but was hoping with the success in this thread it wouldn't be an issue for the P1801.

I have tried: with and without google account, factory reset, rooted and unrooted, registering serial on Asus website ----> in regards to this my desktop unit has a serial number, which is what I initially registered years ago, turns out my tablet has a different serial number which I attempted to register now as well but the Asus website won't accept it saying it's an invalid serial number. Could this be the problem? Any other suggestions on what I could try?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links