Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Starting Android on the P1801

Hello forum. I have been using my P1801 for a couple of months in PC mode windows 8.1, My first time trying to use it in Tablet/Android mode, pressed the blue button and the screen goes blank/black. I spoke to my supplier, who seemed to know less than I did, told me that it wasn't quite as simple as pressing the blue button and there was lots of set-up to do before it would function as both a PC and a Tablet.

I am getting on in years, so a bit behind the times in understanding most technical stuff. Is there anyone out there who could give me a start up procedure in simple steps ?, as if I had just unpacked my P1801 and was setting up for the first time. I mean really simple, like ABC. Please help meeee......................

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

I'm going to add some to your title in order to draw more attention to your issue..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    The blue button will switch between PC and tablet mode (when docked) but if the tablet is "off" then you need to turn it on with the top button - the glowing light shows it's charging/charged but not that it's on. Most of the time the tablet and PC will come on at the same time *unless* you have explicitly turned off the tablet part manually before.

So - switch to tablet mode (blank screen) and then hold down the top button until the screen does something (about 3 seconds).

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    13 times
    I also encountered this problem in switching. I hope someone will post a fix thread for this issue.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aussierewards View Post
    Hello forum. I have been using my P1801 for a couple of months in PC mode windows 8.1, My first time trying to use it in Tablet/Android mode, pressed the blue button and the screen goes blank/black. I spoke to my supplier, who seemed to know less than I did, told me that it wasn't quite as simple as pressing the blue button and there was lots of set-up to do before it would function as both a PC and a Tablet.

I am getting on in years, so a bit behind the times in understanding most technical stuff. Is there anyone out there who could give me a start up procedure in simple steps ?, as if I had just unpacked my P1801 and was setting up for the first time. I mean really simple, like ABC. Please help meeee......................
    Normally pressing the blue button would switch the tablet over to the android OS. If you've never done this then it would show you the welcome screen asking you to do the initial setup steps.

I would try removing the tablet and plugging it in with the power supply that it came with, in order to see if the tablet is powering on with the button located on the top right-hand corner.

If not I would replace the tablet, turn off the computer, restart it with the tablet docked and then press the blue button. If the tablet does not enter android mode then I would call Asus support. The problem from there would be either a failure within the battery or the connection from the dock and/or power supply to the battery... or the tablet has failed in some mechanical way and will need to be sent to Asus for repair.
    Last edited by leafspring; 11-18-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links