Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    59888
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times

    P1801 AIO Transformer Windows 8.1 Lan issues after Upgrade

    I updated to Windows 8.1 yesterday on my Asus AIO Transformer and now my ethernet connection won't allow any internet when I am using Chrome or Firefox. Wifi is working fine.

    I know the ethernet is working as my DLNA streaming server is visible to all my receiver devices. I just can't get any internet.


    Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Jazz
    Member #
    57684
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flycow69 View Post
    I updated to Windows 8.1 yesterday on my Asus AIO Transformer and now my ethernet connection won't allow any internet when I am using Chrome or Firefox. Wifi is working fine.

    I know the ethernet is working as my DLNA streaming server is visible to all my receiver devices. I just can't get any internet.


    Can anyone help?
    Strange... only thing i could think of right now is the firewall... try disabling your firewall (make sure you are not using 2 firewalls) and see if the problem goes away...

    And with Internet Explorer, does it work?

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    59888
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    A quick update, I've tried it with IE11 also and the same issue.

    It has also started with the WIFI too.

    Whenever I enable the ethernet it works for a few minutes then stops connecting.

    Also when I connect or disconnect to the WIFI it does the same thing.

    I've not got windows firewall running or windows defender so it's not them and I've disabled my router firewall also (briefly) but the same thing occurred.

    Really starting to get to me now as it's only been since I upgraded to 8.1 and I can't seem to roll it back.

  4. #4
    Jazz
    Member #
    57684
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flycow69 View Post
    A quick update, I've tried it with IE11 also and the same issue.

    It has also started with the WIFI too.

    Whenever I enable the ethernet it works for a few minutes then stops connecting.

    Also when I connect or disconnect to the WIFI it does the same thing.

    I've not got windows firewall running or windows defender so it's not them and I've disabled my router firewall also (briefly) but the same thing occurred.

    Really starting to get to me now as it's only been since I upgraded to 8.1 and I can't seem to roll it back.
    Asus has new drivers, specifically for windows 8.1, have you tried them?

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    59888
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Nothing showing on the Asus support page for the P1801

  6. #6
    Starscream
    Member #
    6271
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SC
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    270
    Liked
    23 times
    I have this same problem with a Dell laptop after updating to Windows 8.1 . . .

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    59888
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok I've tried all sorts of the fixes mentioned about 8.1 (the netsh winsock reset, updating drivers, etc.)

    Yesterday I think I narrowed it down to only happening on https pages (who knew that so many page use secure connections).

    I set my dns settings to 8.8.8.8 & 4.4.4.4 and touch wood it's working fine for now.

  8. #8
    Jazz
    Member #
    57684
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flycow69 View Post
    Ok I've tried all sorts of the fixes mentioned about 8.1 (the netsh winsock reset, updating drivers, etc.)

    Yesterday I think I narrowed it down to only happening on https pages (who knew that so many page use secure connections).

    I set my dns settings to 8.8.8.8 & 4.4.4.4 and touch wood it's working fine for now.
    So it could be an issue with your ISP then?... If changing the DNS servers helped that's what it looks like...

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with Asus Transformer All-In-One P1801
    By jackjack in forum ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2019, 06:26 PM
  2. Asus Transformer AIO P1801 Power Button Issues
    By flycow69 in forum ASUS Transformer AiO P1801 Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 11:25 PM
  3. Possible to Upgrade from RT to Windows 8?
    By Ancient in forum ASUS Vivo General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 12:59 AM
  4. Transformer with ICS and then and upgrade but still wireless issues
    By zoalord12 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 03:35 AM

Search tags for this page

asus aio p1801 bluetooth not working

,

asus aio p1801 win 8.1

,

asus p1801 windows 8.1

,

asus tablet p1801-t cannot bluetooth

,

asus transformer win 8.1 ethernet adapter use

,

cant get windows 8 to work on asus transformer aio

,
guide to upgrading asus transformer aio p1801 to windows 8.1
,

p1801

,

win 8.1 connection builder asus

,

windows 8.1 aiio issues

,

windows 8.1 bluetooth p1801

,

windows 8.1 lan

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:12 PM.