Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2 times

Problem with Asus Transformer All-In-One P1801

Hi...

I have some problems with my new asus transformer aio.
    the problem is my asus transformer pc side wont turn on. there is no problem with the adaptor, since if i plugged in and put the tablet inside the pc docking, it will show charging. the tablet itself working, but the pc station wont turn on. i already try to unplugged the adaptor and hold down the power button for more than 30 seconds, it still wont turn on. already try press release power button for 3 seconds and it still not work too.
    last night i still use my aio, but today when i turn on, it wont turn on.

fyi the pc side is run on windows 8, and the tablet run on android jelly bean.

anyone can help me with there problems ?

thanks a lot

please help me...i need the data inside the pc side. but the pc wont turn on.
    Last edited by jackjack; 07-06-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Martina and Swipe like this.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Okay, can you confirm the system is really not on or whether it's simply not switching the monitor to the base station?

Just because the tablet side is charging doesn't mean the adapter is fully working... You should also reboot the tablet as well...

While, the power button may not be properly aligned and not actually working...

But if the button is working then you could try unplugging the base station and pressing the power button for about 30 seconds before plugging it back in and then seeing if it boots?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2 times
    yes the system is really not on. normally on P1801, if the systems turn on, the led at the power button will light up and the hdd led will blink and i can hear the fan is running from inside. so i can confirm the system is not on. i even already cold boot the tablet. in P1801, u can turn on the pc using the power button at the dock or just keep pressing the power button on the tablet. i already try to turn on the pc by keep pressing power button on the tablet. the tablet is turn on, but the pc wont turn on.
    i even use splash streamer to change between pc and tablet, when i switch to pc, the connection failed because the pc is not on.

i already unplug the power, and pressing power button for 30 seconds to flushing any static electricity at mobo or psu. after keep pressing i plug the cable and try turn it on. and it wont on. i even contact asus online center and have chat with them. they suggest me to do 30 seconds pressing power button. try that and its still not working.
    i need the data inside this pc. i try to look how to open the pc station, so i can take the hdd and put it on other pc, so i can retrieve the data. but there is no bolt around the pc.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    This is the problem with All In One designs is like mobile devices they tend to seal them up these days...

Hmm, looks like only the ET2400 series AIOs lets you access the RAM... too bad, Asus usually puts the CMOS reset pins under where the RAM goes on the PCB...

Where did you purchase it? Asus site suggest you could take it to a authorized reseller and places like Best Buy do provide their own tech support?

Also, can you verify that the power brick is actually being powered? System not booting can only be caused by either a problem with the power supply, an overload from a power surge that damaged the power circuit, or a critical fault detection that causes the system to refuse to boot to protect itself... If you don't see the status lights even flicker, though, when you press the power button after unplugging and replugging then it's more likely a power fault...

Though, also check the power pin... either bent or broken could also explain the problem...

Btw, aside from some possible hidden screw points (removing the stand should reveal at least two), the casing should mostly be held together like a laptop with snap points all around the frame that need to be carefully unsnapped before you can pull it apart... The ET2400 had a few screws under rubber fillers in the back but your model doesn't have those... So it may be just mainly all snapped together...
    Last edited by zeo; 07-07-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2 times
    the power adaptor is work just fine. cause when i plug in the power adaptor and docking the tablet at the docking station, it charging my tablet, so i know its work just fine. i let the tablet charge from the docking, the power adaptor become slightly hot. after it full, become normal temp.
    yes inside stand there is some screw, but its impossible for us without proper tool to unscrew the bolt.
    yes it all snapped in. not even circle rubber that usually cover the screw. all is snapped in. problem is asus center is not available in my city. so i must travel to another city just to repair it. fyi i just bought it 2 weeks ago. end of this month im planning going to the city and want buy asus notebook. a bit regret buying asus products. i think im back to HP.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    HP has problems of their own too... All In Ones tend to have issues unfortunately...

I still wouldn't rule out the power supply though, just because it can charge the tablet doesn't mean it's providing full power. Power adapters can be damaged to the point they provide incorrect output and that would be enough to prevent the system from booting up... but you can't be sure without testing the power output.

As for fixing it... You don't have a local laptop repair shop or any authorized reseller like Best Buy near you? You don't necessarily have to send it back to Asus to get it fixed...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi JackJack - I feel the same pain. I sent mine in for servicing by Asus but they were unhelpful and wouldn't fix my problem even though I offered to pay.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    First, sorry for my bad English. I think the problem is a sensor that brings in the right side box pc, for some reason if you open the lid and then the cieerras the pc does not boot, but if you connect it with the cover this tiny issues. my advice: put the lid leaving it separated by the sensor, try turning on the pc, let it load and press the lid to close completely, with that should be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    Hi...

I have some problems with my new asus transformer aio.
    the problem is my asus transformer pc side wont turn on. there is no problem with the adaptor, since if i plugged in and put the tablet inside the pc docking, it will show charging. the tablet itself working, but the pc station wont turn on. i already try to unplugged the adaptor and hold down the power button for more than 30 seconds, it still wont turn on. already try press release power button for 3 seconds and it still not work too.
    last night i still use my aio, but today when i turn on, it wont turn on.

fyi the pc side is run on windows 8, and the tablet run on android jelly bean.

anyone can help me with there problems ?

thanks a lot

please help me...i need the data inside the pc side. but the pc wont turn on.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the opposite problem. I can now use the dock with the tablet in PC mode, but I've been unable to get the tablet to turn on and boot in tablet mode. Tablet is fully charged, the furthest I've gotten is the ASUS banner with whirling circle and now when I switch modes I get nothing but black screen. I'm not sure what I can do to turn on the tablet and get it to boot fully in tablet mode for the first time. I hate to think I need to send the tablet back but it shouldn't be this difficult. :-(

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juswannabefree View Post
    I'm having the opposite problem. I can now use the dock with the tablet in PC mode, but I've been unable to get the tablet to turn on and boot in tablet mode. Tablet is fully charged, the furthest I've gotten is the ASUS banner with whirling circle and now when I switch modes I get nothing but black screen. I'm not sure what I can do to turn on the tablet and get it to boot fully in tablet mode for the first time. I hate to think I need to send the tablet back but it shouldn't be this difficult. :-(

I am having this same issue suddenly also! My P1801 reached it's one year anniversary with me and I discovered several weeks ago that the Android tablet is not booting up. My Windows PC is running fine but the Tablet only shows me a blank dark screen with a little grey box that says "Tablet mode". Nothing happens. Does ANYONE have any idea how to boot the Android OS?

I called ASUS and reached a talkative but unhelpful tech rep. His idea after rebooting and shutting the unit down for10 minutes did nothing was to RESET the entire device. Doing this has a very high risk of wiping out all the customization, downloaded programs (purchased and installed software like Microsoft Office)and custom settings I have spent the last 12 months getting right. May delete every Microsoft update over the past year also! Since I actively work from this unit, that is not an option at all. I simply don't have the time to do it all over again!

When I have time, I will call ASUS again and speak to a higher level tech, though from what the low level tech told me, the "reset" is the recommended solution.

If this is so, I will never see my Android booted up again unless it miraculously returns as mysteriousy as it left!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links