Thread: Problem with Asus Transformer All-In-One P1801

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by anenja View Post
    I am having this same issue suddenly also! My P1801 reached it's one year anniversary with me and I discovered several weeks ago that the Android tablet is not booting up. My Windows PC is running fine but the Tablet only shows me a blank dark screen with a little grey box that says "Tablet mode". Nothing happens. Does ANYONE have any idea how to boot the Android OS?

I called ASUS and reached a talkative but unhelpful tech rep. His idea after rebooting and shutting the unit down for10 minutes did nothing was to RESET the entire device. Doing this has a very high risk of wiping out all the customization, downloaded programs (purchased and installed software like Microsoft Office)and custom settings I have spent the last 12 months getting right. May delete every Microsoft update over the past year also! Since I actively work from this unit, that is not an option at all. I simply don't have the time to do it all over again!

When I have time, I will call ASUS again and speak to a higher level tech, though from what the low level tech told me, the "reset" is the recommended solution.

If this is so, I will never see my Android booted up again unless it miraculously returns as mysteriousy as it left!
    Can you see the tablet from the PC side... when the tablet is docked, the dock connector allows access to the tablet storage. If you backup the data you won't lose quite so much. Have you tried asus mobile/tablet Kies software to try and see or reset the tablet? Do you try and reset the tablet while it is not connected to the dock?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by juswannabefree View Post
    I'm having the opposite problem. I can now use the dock with the tablet in PC mode, but I've been unable to get the tablet to turn on and boot in tablet mode. Tablet is fully charged, the furthest I've gotten is the ASUS banner with whirling circle and now when I switch modes I get nothing but black screen. I'm not sure what I can do to turn on the tablet and get it to boot fully in tablet mode for the first time. I hate to think I need to send the tablet back but it shouldn't be this difficult. :-(
    using the tablet while not docked will confirm whether or not it works. if it works while it's not docked then the problem is with splashtop. if it doesn't work then the problem is with the tablet and probably needs to be serviced (since something internal component has likely failed).

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    the power adaptor is work just fine. cause when i plug in the power adaptor and docking the tablet at the docking station, it charging my tablet, so i know its work just fine. i let the tablet charge from the docking, the power adaptor become slightly hot. after it full, become normal temp.
    yes inside stand there is some screw, but its impossible for us without proper tool to unscrew the bolt.
    yes it all snapped in. not even circle rubber that usually cover the screw. all is snapped in. problem is asus center is not available in my city. so i must travel to another city just to repair it. fyi i just bought it 2 weeks ago. end of this month im planning going to the city and want buy asus notebook. a bit regret buying asus products. i think im back to HP.
    There are lots of instructions with pictures about how to open and recover the hard drive from this machine. Use something like straight ended tweasers to push a tab located in the middle of the vents at the top of the unit. While pressing the tab use a firm but smooth piece of plastic like a credit card to pry into and slide along the revealed edge to pop out the clips around the entire back surface. then remove the 4 screws holding the mounted stand. From there check around for the necessary small black screws that retain the hard drive enclosure, you will have to remove a speaker and some tape to free it from the enclosure. Please see the pictures and descriptions in the "Modding" section of this forum for more info before attempting this.

If the computer is only 2 weeks old, simply exchange it where you bought it. I think you just got unlucky with this machine.
    Last edited by leafspring; 11-27-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackjack View Post
    yes the system is really not on. normally on P1801, if the systems turn on, the led at the power button will light up and the hdd led will blink and i can hear the fan is running from inside. so i can confirm the system is not on. i even already cold boot the tablet. in P1801, u can turn on the pc using the power button at the dock or just keep pressing the power button on the tablet. i already try to turn on the pc by keep pressing power button on the tablet. the tablet is turn on, but the pc wont turn on.
    i even use splash streamer to change between pc and tablet, when i switch to pc, the connection failed because the pc is not on.

i already unplug the power, and pressing power button for 30 seconds to flushing any static electricity at mobo or psu. after keep pressing i plug the cable and try turn it on. and it wont on. i even contact asus online center and have chat with them. they suggest me to do 30 seconds pressing power button. try that and its still not working.
    i need the data inside this pc. i try to look how to open the pc station, so i can take the hdd and put it on other pc, so i can retrieve the data. but there is no bolt around the pc.
    It would be worth while to try and connect an external display with the tablet off the dock to see if the computer can at least reach the bios. That will determine if the problem is with the tablet or the docking port.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi jackjack,

I have the same problem. How did you manage to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same exact problem as the OP. Computer just won't turn on. Shut down normally last night, no indication of a problem. Tablet works fine and charges in docked mode, USB ports even work. I've no idea what the problem is. Opened it up and everything looks good. I'm hopeful that maybe the power supply got surged or something and can't supply enough power for the computer to turn on. Any help?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Did anyone got this problem solved? So my P1801 just got sent back to Asus the 3rd time already, within 2 years. With an average of taking 1 month each time... this 3rd time still on going (longer than 1 month now)..
    Asus is not very helpful and they are pretty slow as well. They changed my motherboard for the last two times but the same problem occurs again. I hope someone can actually let me know what happened and what caused it...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times

Did anyone solved this problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by bleufee View Post
    Did anyone got this problem solved? So my P1801 just got sent back to Asus the 3rd time already, within 2 years. With an average of taking 1 month each time... this 3rd time still on going (longer than 1 month now)..
    Asus is not very helpful and they are pretty slow as well. They changed my motherboard for the last two times but the same problem occurs again. I hope someone can actually let me know what happened and what caused it...

Hello

Did anyone solved this problem ?
    My wife's pc has a same issue , pc does not start
    Can you guys help? I bought a new adapter but nothing changed .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links