Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Interesting SSD option.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm looking to add a second ssd into the pcie slot. Any advice from anyone that has installed a pcie ssd as I'm getting confused at what is stated on ebay from sellers as they usually state them as both pcie and msata. I did a bit of research and know that pcie is only 3v, where msata can be 12v, 5v and 3v. Some clarity would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I am a complete amateur into this. But you may have a solution for me.
    My P-1801 HHD kind of died on me. Want to replace it. But by what? What shold I look for ?
    Don't need much internal storage memory though. Not anymore in this cloud world. 250 would be way enough.
    Thanks for your help... for the non-techieI am.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    10 times
    You could get a new HDD or an SSD, just get the same physical size and SATA connector as the original and swap out the old HDD.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    AiO P1801
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi sorry for "reheating old chops" but after 2 years since you presented your genial idea of how to connect SSD to p108 I'd like to repeat your action. The main problem I have it is that I don't understand how some cables inside are connected. In fact i need more details of how and to which plugs did you connect SSD and HDD inside the unit. I know that you have used SATA power splitter but I don't know why did you cut off one of the SAT power cables you called stock. I'm not professional as you see , but if you explain the whole process little bit more details , I belive i can do it all on my own. I tried to figure it out from your pictures but i understand only a part of the story. I see one yellow SATA data cable pluged somwhere under the fan and with SSD . I see also the power cable coming out from SSD and from HDD via power splitter cable but where the end of splitter goes I don't know ? I see also some signal cable pluged into the Pcie controller but where it goes from ?... old HDD ? Pls. let me know what kind of cable and spliters I have to buy before I start the instalation ? Thank you very very much in advance.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Crawler View Post
    Ran across this on Amazon:
    - Amazon.com: MyDigitalSSD 128GB (120GB) 50mm Bullet Proof 4 BP4 50mm mSATA Solid State Drive SSD SATA III 6G (120GB)(128GB): Computers & Accessories

Up to 240GB SSD in the mini-PCIe slot in the P1801, without losing the hard drive:

Attachment 6873
    i recently purchased a 240 GB SSD from Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza ) this model. i did attach it to the empty slot and booted up the desktop.
    however i believe since this disk is not initialized it does not show up in windows explorer or the disk management console on windows 10. What is the best way to make this work on the Asus AiO _1801 with a Windows 10 running on it. i am planning to move the OS to the SSD and keep the 1TB HDD as the secondary drive on this desktop. Will enhance the life of this device by a few more years. Have been using it without any mods since 2013.

KB.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links