Thread: Stylus Issues

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times

Stylus Issues

For one, I apologize if this post is not supposed to be here. My device is a T304UA, Not T303.

The issue is that the stylus has areas of inactivity on the screen. Like invisible lines where it just doesn't work, which is very annoying for taking notes. Has anyone else experienced this? I had a glass screen protector on and thought that may have been related, but I removed it and found no difference. I bought the device in September 2017 from Amazon, so it is out of the 12 month warranty time. The issue existed while it was in warranty, but wasn't nearly as bad and could be worked around. It has gotten worse and worse. Is there any hope of resolving this, or do I just have to live with it. I had intended this device to be my primary computer for years to come.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like a digitizer issue. The digitizer is part of the screen that allows touch sensitivity and stylus function, weak spots with either touch or the stylus suggest the digitizer is faulty or the ribbon cable isn't connected 100%. If there are physical lines (vertical or horizontal) on the screen then that would be a problem with the LCD underneath.

Did you notice the problem when you first bought it? Or did you notice it later on. I would open an application like paint or paint3D and draw on the entire screen in a single solid color and find where the weak spots are and if you could see a pattern or specific area that doesn't work. Then try to get in touch with ASUS Customer Service and see if they could replace it for just the shipping fee.

The extreme option would be to purchase a new LCD/Digitizer screen and replace it yourself ($126 online). You'll probably fix the problem sooner this way as ASUS Support is virtually nonexistent as they'll tell you to ship your laptop in and send it back 2 months later in the same condition claiming it's fixed. There is an ASUS T303ua disassembly guide but I'm not sure how different the T304ua is if any.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply!
    The problem was not present when I first bought it. It arose later on. There are vertical and horizontal lines over which the stylus does not work.
    I would not be opposed to trying to repair myself, but I'm curious what ASUS will say about it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    ASUS support was kind of what I expected. They recommended me to reinstall some drivers, which of course didn't change anything. I guess now I'll just have to decide if I want to repair it, or find a different computer to replace it with.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links