Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Series of issues after I bought my unit last month

Hi, I'm Mo from Indonesia..

Several problems came up after a month i used my Transformer 3 Pro.

1. Keyboard and Touchpad cannot be used after sleep.
    2. Nothing on the right speaker.
    3. If i charge my unit after 79%, i have this "Plug in but not charging" (so right now my full battery is only 79% or 1 Hour 57 Minutes)

This is kind of brand new, and i already have this kind of problem??

Thank You

MO

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    240 times
    I'm not familiar with that device, but maybe someone will step in soon.
    In the meantime, does that unit have a 'battery protection' charging mode? I have a notebook which will nominally charge to 80% unless I change that with a utility. The reason behind that is to make the battery last longer (much longer) - keeping it at 100% is not good for the battery.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Hi Mosidik, we're terribly sorry about the issues that you are experiencing. We will be more than happy to assist if possible. Can you advised us of the model transformer that you have? This way we will be able to assist you better with the issues that you are experiencing.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Mosidik, we're terribly sorry about the issues that you are experiencing. We will be more than happy to assist if possible. Can you advised us of the model transformer that you have? This way we will be able to assist you better with the issues that you are experiencing.
    Hi, my unit is Asus Transformer 3 Pro T303UA i7 512gb

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Thank you for the additional information Mosidik, please install the ATK driver and ASUS Precision Touchpad driver for your notebook posted on our help desk page. The link below should navigate you to the help desk page https://www.asus.com/us/2-in-1-PCs/A...Desk_Download/. Also ensure the notebook has the latest BIOS version installed, the latest BIOS version can also be located on the help desk page as well. If the issue persists please proceed to back up all data on the notebook and do a factory reset.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Thank you for the additional information Mosidik, please install the ATK driver and ASUS Precision Touchpad driver for your notebook posted on our help desk page. The link below should navigate you to the help desk page https://www.asus.com/us/2-in-1-PCs/A...Desk_Download/. Also ensure the notebook has the latest BIOS version installed, the latest BIOS version can also be located on the help desk page as well. If the issue persists please proceed to back up all data on the notebook and do a factory reset.
    What about my Battery and My right speaker?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    If there is no output on the right speaker, I'd check to make sure the audio is balanced between the left and right speakers.
    Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Sound - Right click Speakers - Click Properties - Levels Tab - Balance - Make sure both left and right are turned up or balanced.

Battery life issue should be due to your Battery Health Settings. If you have Cortana enabled, type "Battery Health" and run the ASUS Battery Health Charging application. Change selection from "Maximum Lifespan Mode" (which stops charging after 60% to conserve longterm battery life) and click "Full Capacity Mode". Battery life on the Transformer series is falsely advertised as benchmark tests proved the 8-hour battery life is realistically closer to 3 hours with moderate usage.

Touchpad and keyboard issue is common after you put your computer to sleep. The confirmed solution is provided below:

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeZoo View Post
    The keyboard and touchpad are known to be defective due to faulty drivers. This other user found a solution and I've tried it with somewhat success (less bugs and keyboard issues).

Quote Originally Posted by iRoham View Post
    today i found a solution ! and its all about the drivers !!!
    i used an application called Driver Pack Solution to update and install missing drivers on my device ( before that i checked asus support center manually for any missing or out of date driver on my device and found nothing ! )
    P.S : use expert mode in Driver Pack Solution software for updating and installing any touchpad related driver and DO NOT update any other driver
    ( i did a full update with the app and got some problem with the camera so i was forced to reinstall the camera driver and IR Camera Driver )
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoham View Post
    yup ... its working fine ... just remember DON'T UPDATE ALL DRIVERS with driver pack solution
    just install and update those with tochpad and mouse related ( because after installing all updates from Driverpack solution , i got some problems with webcam and also graphic driver so i reinstall my windows and use Driverpack solution just for touchpad related drivers and its working fine )
    now i can actually enjoy this laptop
    BTW im so disappointed from Asus ( they don't care even about driver problems !! )
    Quote Originally Posted by catware View Post
    I used iRoham's suggestion, and using that tool, I updated just the two drivers related to the touchpad and mouse filtering. It was tricky unselecting all the other updates the tool wanted to install -- be sure you enter "expert mode" and check all the tabs on the left for other selected items, and that your install count only matches what you have selected yourself.

So far so good. I will post back here if the problem reappears for me, but assume it's working if you don't hear back from me :-)

T303UA problem with touchpad
    Needless to say make sure all drivers are updated. If your speakers are balanced and there is still no sound from one speaker then it's likely a hardware defect and I'd return it and look into a Surface Pro.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links