Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times

Question Stylus / Palm Rejection Issue (Just me ?)

Hi,

Bought my Transformer 3 Pro a few weeks ago mainly for note taking during meetings, however i seem to have a problem that i cant find anyone else having so thought I would ask here before i send it back looking for a replacement or refund.

Basically when the USB-C power is connected both the palm rejection and stylus detection go out the window. Unplugged the stylus is instant, pen on tablet writing happens. When plugged in it takes about 1-3s to detect the pen (enough time to loose the first word in a sentence), if your hand happens to be touching the screen during writing the tablet will randomly flick between stylus and touch input causing even more drops in the written text.

ASUS support say its not a known issue and so far have only suggested updating the keyboard lock (which I've done to no-avail), windows 10 is fully updated should that matter.

So anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSimpson View Post
    Hi,

Bought my Transformer 3 Pro a few weeks ago mainly for note taking during meetings, however i seem to have a problem that i cant find anyone else having so thought I would ask here before i send it back looking for a replacement or refund.

Basically when the USB-C power is connected both the palm rejection and stylus detection go out the window. Unplugged the stylus is instant, pen on tablet writing happens. When plugged in it takes about 1-3s to detect the pen (enough time to loose the first word in a sentence), if your hand happens to be touching the screen during writing the tablet will randomly flick between stylus and touch input causing even more drops in the written text.

ASUS support say its not a known issue and so far have only suggested updating the keyboard lock (which I've done to no-avail), windows 10 is fully updated should that matter.

So anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for any help!
    Hi LordSimpson, allow us to extend our apologize fr the inconvenience caused. We'll have this checked and provide a response shortly.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links