Thread: T303UA Woes

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

T303UA Woes

I'm not new to the world of technology, but has anyone else had these issues?

-Keyboard mouse track pad stops working, either randomly skips around or doesn't do anything. Attempts to disconnect and reconnect keyboard are usually unsuccessful in getting it to operate normally.
    -Fan is grinding inside
    -Will only shut off if power button is held down. Using the shutdown or sleep only causes it to restart
    -Will not power on sometimes from Sleep/Hibernate, or if the battery is not at 100%
    -Does not stay in Sleep/Hibernate. Immediately wakes up, even if closed on keyboard
    -When closed and supposed to be in Sleep/Hibernate the fan runs on high
    -Camera stops working randomly

I'm attempting to put mine through an RMA, after 3 months of ownership I'm disgusted with this. For over $1000 I thought I'd get a premium product, not something that has more issues than the $80 RCA tablet my kid used 2 years ago.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpath View Post

-Keyboard mouse track pad stops working, either randomly skips around or doesn't do anything. Attempts to disconnect and reconnect keyboard are usually unsuccessful in getting it to operate normally.
    -Fan is grinding inside
    -Will only shut off if power button is held down. Using the shutdown or sleep only causes it to restart
    -Will not power on sometimes from Sleep/Hibernate, or if the battery is not at 100%
    -Does not stay in Sleep/Hibernate. Immediately wakes up, even if closed on keyboard

I'm attempting to put mine through an RMA, after 3 months of ownership I'm disgusted with this. For over $1000 I thought I'd get a premium product, not something that has more issues than the $80 RCA tablet my kid used 2 years ago.
    Hi Nightpath, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. What's the version of Windows that you have installed?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    Totally fed up with ASUS denying every fault with these things and telling you to reinstall/roll back the operating system and everything else for what are clearly hardware faults. Latest complaint, the pen has stopped working.
    Have I checked the battery?
    If so cold format the PC and try again.
    Is there really no better way to check if the fault is with the pen or the pc. Before I have to reinstall all my software, re setup accounts and permissions, and generally waste hours of my time without having any specific reason for suspecting a software issue.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelcustard View Post
    Totally fed up with ASUS denying every fault with these things and telling you to reinstall/roll back the operating system and everything else for what are clearly hardware faults. Latest complaint, the pen has stopped working.
    Have I checked the battery?
    If so cold format the PC and try again.
    Is there really no better way to check if the fault is with the pen or the pc. Before I have to reinstall all my software, re setup accounts and permissions, and generally waste hours of my time without having any specific reason for suspecting a software issue.
    Hi colonelcustard, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. You can install the chipset driver for your device from our support website here: https://www.asus.com/us/support/

After this you can try the pen again.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpath View Post

-Fan is grinding inside

For me:
    2017 - Feb
    - The issues were there since first day I have this tablet, and hope ASUS would have a fix on those someday
    2018 - Feb
    - Noisy fan - I have to modify window's power management to set the max cpu usage to 70% instead of 100%, it is stupid fix.
    - Fan is grinding inside - I can't move the tablet when is in power on
    - Touch-pad randomly skips - Use external mouse
    2018 - March
    - I TRY NOT TO USE THIS TABLET UNLESS I REALLY NEED TO.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egghambreakfast View Post
    For me:
    2017 - Feb
    - The issues were there since first day I have this tablet, and hope ASUS would have a fix on those someday
    2018 - Feb
    - Noisy fan - I have to modify window's power management to set the max cpu usage to 70% instead of 100%, it is stupid fix.
    - Fan is grinding inside - I can't move the tablet when is in power on
    - Touch-pad randomly skips - Use external mouse
    2018 - March
    - I TRY NOT TO USE THIS TABLET UNLESS I REALLY NEED TO.
    Hi egghambreakfast,

We are terribly sorry about the issue and we are more than willing to assist. Have you tried installing any drivers?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    I think the laptop has the latest driver at all. I check Asus' support pages, both TW and EN, very often and see any new driver updated.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    I think the laptop has the latest driver at all. I check Asus' support pages, both TW and EN, very often and see any new driver updated.
    Thank you for the update. If you are still experiencing a noisy fan, we would recommend having your device sent in for an assessment. If you'd like to get started with this, send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to Case#: N1802150795

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Please don't send any device to the Asus support for repair, the keyboard and fans problems are design issues and not by user, Asus charges me US$135 for the fix, that's a rip off.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Please don't send any device to the Asus support for repair, the keyboard and fans problems are design issues and not by user, Asus charges me US$135 for the fix, that's a rip off.
    Thank you for the response. Allow us to apologize as based on your serial number your device is currently out of warranty. This issue hasn't been noted within our database as being a manufacturing defect hence the reason why you were provided with a cost for repairs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links