Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ulufer View Post
    I have exactly same problem. I bought this t304 1 month ago and after 10 mins touch pad being crazy. shaking. and i cant do anything to work. if we cant find any solution i gonna take back my laptop. i really like this convertable pc but that touch pad getting worse everyhing. please give a solution.
    Hi ulufer, allow us to apologize for the troubles and we'll be happy to help. Please send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to case#: N1802126751 and the following information below:

1. Serial number:
    2. Current BIOS version:
    3. Have you updated to the latest version of Windows?
    4. Have you adjusted the touchpad sensitivity?
    5. Can you send us a video of the occurrence?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    How to reproduce:

1, Make sure the tablet screen is on the highest resolution.
    2. Open Chrome browser.
    3. Create multi tabs on browser.
    4. Put your finger on touch-pad to move the pointer on the top on the browser next to tab's "x", but on "x".
    5. Keep your finger on the touch-pad, can see the pointer is flicking/moving around "x" , location-bar, and chrome's window top edge and sounds like it doesn't know where it should stay.
    6. #5 make me hard to move/resize the browser window because I can't put mouse pointer to stay the place I want.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had this problem since I bought the Transformer T304 in December. I've emailed ASUS support multiple times and they've instructed me to update my drivers (they are all UTD), windows restore, and finally wipe it back to factory settings. It didn't seem like a hardware issue at first because all I had to do was detach and reattach the touchpad and it would work fine for a couple of minutes but later act up again.

I really don't think it will make a difference if an official video of it happening is released since there are multiple complaints of the same problem but I've managed to reproduce the glitching mouse pad issue:

Hover your hand over the keyboard as if you were typing (like I am right now) then take one hand and try to move the mouse around with the other hand hovered over the keyboard.
    The jumping around is more severe if your hands are close to each other but it seems there is some interaction between the keys and the touchpad.

I wish I saw this thread before I made the purchase but that being said, I've been an ASUS supporter since high school and have never switched brands. The keyboard/touchpad issue has become such a nuisance that I've finally registered just to reply to this thread.

Other issues I've experienced:
    Bluetooth range is only 10-15 feet, the pen is accurate but can be improved, the kickstand has become slightly loose where as my friend's 2-in-1 Surface is still rigid and strong after 6+ months, fingerprint sensor works half the time, and it comes with McAfee preinstalled.
    Last edited by ZeeZoo; 03-10-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeZoo View Post
    I've had this problem since I bought the Transformer T304 in December. I've emailed ASUS support multiple times and they've instructed me to update my drivers (they are all UTD), windows restore, and finally wipe it back to factory settings. It didn't seem like a hardware issue at first because all I had to do was detach and reattach the touchpad and it would work fine for a couple of minutes but later act up again.

I really don't think it will make a difference if an official video of it happening is released since there are multiple complaints of the same problem but I've managed to reproduce the glitching mouse pad issue:

Hover your hand over the keyboard as if you were typing (like I am right now) then take one hand and try to move the mouse around with the other hand hovered over the keyboard.
    The jumping around is more severe if your hand are close to each other but it seems there is some interaction between the keys and the touchpad.

I wish I saw this thread before I made the purchase but that being said, I've been an ASUS supporter since high school and have never switched brands. The keyboard/touchpad issue has become such a nuisance that I've finally registered just to reply to this thread.

Other issues I've experienced:
    Bluetooth range is only 10-15 feet, the pen is accurate but can be improved, the kickstand has become slightly loose where as my friend's 2-in-1 Surface is still rigid and strong after 6+ months, fingerprint sensor works half the time, and it comes with McAfee preinstalled.
    Hi ZeeZoo, allow us to extend our apologies for the inconveniences caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. The touchpad is very sensitive and having your palm hover over it can cause the cursor to move.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi ZeeZoo, allow us to extend our apologies for the inconveniences caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. The touchpad is very sensitive and having your palm hover over it can cause the cursor to move.
    I wouldn't call the touch pad 'very sensitive', a better word is 'defected'.

When the mouse starts to skip around the screen, I need to resort to lifting both hands off the keyboard, make my best attempt to use a single finger to make contact with the touch pad, and even after that, the problem sometimes persists until I physically detach the keyboard from the screen and reattach it. Then repeating the same process 2-5 minutes later.

The word "nuisance" doesn't begin to describe how bad this problem has become. Other 2-in-1 computers don't have this problem and I'd imagine if they did, there would be a sort of recall started instead of apologizing for the inconvenience.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeZoo View Post
    I wouldn't call the touch pad 'very sensitive', a better word is 'defected'.

When the mouse starts to skip around the screen, I need to resort to lifting both hands off the keyboard, make my best attempt to use a single finger to make contact with the touch pad, and even after that, the problem sometimes persists until I physically detach the keyboard from the screen and reattach it. Then repeating the same process 2-5 minutes later.

The word "nuisance" doesn't begin to describe how bad this problem has become. Other 2-in-1 computers don't have this problem and I'd imagine if they did, there would be a sort of recall started instead of apologizing for the inconvenience.
    Thank you for the update. Our database does not list this as being a defect with this model.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Please don't send any device to the Asus support for repair, the keyboard problem is an design issue, and Asus charge me US$135 there.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem with my T303UA. Holding my finger stationary on the touchpad, and the mouse pointer will jump quickly all over, clicking randomly as well. I take my finger off, and it stops. Doing a quick disconnect and reconnect of the keyboard solves this problem, until it starts to happen again 10-20 min later. Using an external mouse makes it possible to work on the laptop, but the touchpad really has a problem.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egghambreakfast View Post
    Please don't send any device to the Asus support for repair, the keyboard problem is an design issue, and Asus charge me US$135 there.
    Thank you for the response. Allow us to apologize as based on your serial number your device is currently out of warranty. This issue hasn't been noted within our database as being a manufacturing defect hence the reason why you were provided with a cost for repairs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    hi guys
    actually i bought this device like 6 months ago
    on that time i did not have any problem with touch pad
    after 2 months suddenly it was not turn on and won't respond at all so i applied for replacement
    after one month i got new device and it had the touch pad issue and it was killing me
    today i found a solution ! and its all about the drivers !!!
    i used an application called Driver Pack Solution to update and install missing drivers on my device ( before that i checked asus support center manually for any missing or out of date driver on my device and found nothing ! )
    P.S : use expert mode in Driver Pack Solution software for updating and installing any touchpad related driver and DO NOT update any other driver
    ( i did a full update with the app and got some problem with the camera so i was forced to reinstall the camera driver and IR Camera Driver )
    Last edited by iRoham; 03-30-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links