Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh dear it seems no one has a proper solution to the jittery touchpad.
    We have the same problem here with a machine bought in November 2017.
    I updated the AsusPTPDrv from (04/28/2016) 11.0.0.10 to (09/23/2016) 11.0.0.14 (from the ASUS website) but it made no difference to the jitter problem.
    Has anyone received a proper technical description of the issue?
    I'm beginning to suspect faulty Elan hardware in the keyboard unit. Does a new keyboard fix the issue?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pgouveia View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a T303UA for one month, i7, 16GB, SSD 500 GB with Windows 10. The performance is great and it's indeed very quick, but the usability is not very good, specially the touchpad that after 10 min starts flickering and makes very difficult to work. I found that if I remove it and put it back again it starts working well again for 10 min, but this is no real solution, I can't stop working each 10 min to detach the keyboard and put it back again. I have updated to all the last drivers and problem stills remains, the only solution I found was to get an external mouse connected to the USB port, but again, coming from a Macbook Air for the last 4 years having to carry a mouse it's like going back in history and kill the lightweight concept I was looking. Anyone has a similar problem? Any ideas of how to solve it?
    Hi, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. When do you normally experience the flickering? Is it at random or while browsing? Or while typing? Can you give us a scenario in which it happens more frequently?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times

Angry

I've had the same problem and I know of another person with Asus Transformer Pro 3 with literally the same issue.

So annoying.

And ASUS support won't do (or can't do) anything about it other than suggest it needs factory fixing and whatnot... and from the feedback in this thread that does nothing, it seems, as they apparently just reinstall windows and drivers and send it back in the same condition with the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. When do you normally experience the flickering? Is it at random or while browsing? Or while typing? Can you give us a scenario in which it happens more frequently?
    When? 10 minutes after using the touchpad.

I literally would have to install/repair the Touchpad drivers every 10 minutes if I didn't have an external/USB mouse - reinstalling or repairing the drivers kinda resets the touchpad a bit, and it works normally, but then after 10 minutes of use or so it starts getting really sensitive and jumpy. As in, it will start picking up on any movement ABOVE it, not on it, but above it, so if I move my other hand a few inches above the trackpad the mouse will start jumping around the screen like crazy. Hell, even moving a finger on the hand I'd be using the touchpad with throws it in a million different directions, causing it to go all over the place and go jittery. Something is definitely off with that sensitivity sensor in touchpad or something....

So it's not while typing or browsing, but more when using it after it gets "warmed up", it seems, after 5-10 minutes... any movement above the touchpad causes the pointer to go ballistic, so it's impossible to navigate anything on the screen with it acting like that.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
    I've had the same problem and I know of another person with Asus Transformer Pro 3 with literally the same issue.

So annoying.

And ASUS support won't do (or can't do) anything about it other than suggest it needs factory fixing and whatnot... and from the feedback in this thread that does nothing, it seems, as they apparently just reinstall windows and drivers and send it back in the same condition with the same issue

When? 10 minutes after using the touchpad.

I literally would have to install/repair the Touchpad drivers every 10 minutes if I didn't have an external/USB mouse - reinstalling or repairing the drivers kinda resets the touchpad a bit, and it works normally, but then after 10 minutes of use or so it starts getting really sensitive and jumpy. As in, it will start picking up on any movement ABOVE it, not on it, but above it, so if I move my other hand a few inches above the trackpad the mouse will start jumping around the screen like crazy. Hell, even moving a finger on the hand I'd be using the touchpad with throws it in a million different directions, causing it to go all over the place and go jittery. Something is definitely off with that sensitivity sensor in touchpad or something....

So it's not while typing or browsing, but more when using it after it gets "warmed up", it seems, after 5-10 minutes... any movement above the touchpad causes the pointer to go ballistic, so it's impossible to navigate anything on the screen with it acting like that.
    Hi CrazySerb, allow us to apologize for the inconveniences caused. This touchpad is rather sensitive to the touch or even when your finger or palm hovers over it. We will make additional checks in regards to this and provide an update within the next 24 - 48 business hours.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi CrazySerb, allow us to apologize for the inconveniences caused. This touchpad is rather sensitive to the touch or even when your finger or palm hovers over it. We will make additional checks in regards to this and provide an update within the next 24 - 48 business hours.
    I guess I can wait a day or two to hear back from you, as this has been a nuisance for months now...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    0 times

Any update??

Hi, I wondered if ASUS responded like the promised?

I have the exact same issue. My device has been back to Asus for RMA and still has the problem. Asus support are denying there is a more widespread issue, when clearly there is.

I'm currently in talks with the reseller to try and get a refund, but so far they are trying to make me send it for RMA again.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
    I guess I can wait a day or two to hear back from you, as this has been a nuisance for months now...
    We must apologize for the delayed response. Please send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to case#: N1801142565 and the following information below:

1. Serial number:
    2. Current BIOS version:
    3. Have you updated to the latest version of Windows?
    4. Have you adjusted the touchpad sensitivity?
    5. Can you send us a video of the occurrence?

pko
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

I've got a very same issue with a slightly different model : ASUS T304UA-BC029R

DEVICE ID : 790B87DF-D6A6-46BF-A98A-57C896278591
    Keyboard SN : T4CH12001576

After 5-10 minutes of usage the cursor starts moving around by itself when touching the touchpad clicking all over the place. Is there any software solution to this problem ?

Thank you

Petr

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pko View Post
    Hello,

After 5-10 minutes of usage the cursor starts moving around by itself when touching the touchpad clicking all over the place. Is there any software solution to this problem ?

Thank you

Petr
    I have exactly same problem. I bought this t304 1 month ago and after 10 mins touch pad being crazy. shaking. and i cant do anything to work. if we cant find any solution i gonna take back my laptop. i really like this convertable pc but that touch pad getting worse everyhing. please give a solution.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pko View Post
    Hello,

Thank you

Petr
    Hi pko, allow us to apologize for the inconveniences caused and we'll be happy to help. Please send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to case#: N1802126707 and the following information below:

1. Serial number:
    2. Current BIOS version:
    3. Have you updated to the latest version of Windows?
    4. Have you adjusted the touchpad sensitivity?
    5. Can you send us a video of the occurrence?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links