Thread: New user of Asus Transformer 3 Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    2 times

New user of Asus Transformer 3 Pro

Hi everyone... joined this forum as I just purchased the i7 Version of the T303UA (Transformer 3 Pro) on Tuesday 15-Nov.
    Am still in the set up and getting use to stage. I am loving the product so far but one of the frustrating thing I experience with the product was the keypad's touch pad is behaving extremely erratic. Many times I experience the touch pad not responding in the way my fingers are telling where the cursor to move. It behaves very crazily and wonder is this a driver issue or there is an issue with the trackpad or a faulty driver.

Hope you can offer me your insights if you experience this and how do we solve this.

Do share your experience with the T303UA here guys. Have fun
    janner43 and Swipe like this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2796 times
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks for joining us and congrats on being our first member with a new 3 Pro

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1222 times
    :

Yes ! Welcome ! From the first member with a Transformer Mini.

Your erratic touchpad sounds like a possible driver issue. Try a search engine on "touchpad erratic" or contact Asus.

Let us know how you get on with the Transformer 3 Pro.
    Last edited by Swipe; 11-19-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Everyone, sorry for the short silence.

I bought the hardware 3 days before my 8 month "posting" to the U.K. (Home is in SG) and was busy settling down and getting into a routine with my 3 kids. Haven't had the time to visit this forum.

On the Asus Transformer 3 Pro, in all honesty, the hardware is good. I like it. BUT the fan noise is annoying. SUPER ANNOYING if you are working in a quiet room. In a coffee place in public, you hardly hear anything. But in your own personal space, it buzz LIKE MAD! Worst still..... it isn't sporadic. The buzzing is perpetual! I am unsure if Asus have solved any of this problem. My challenge is I bought this in SG and am now in UK. Haven't had the time to contact Asus UK on this issue.

The attached keyboard touch pad is also a pain.... at some point, the touch pad is not responding properly to my finger movement if the keyboard is arced at an angle. If it lies flat on the table, it is more stable. You can overcome that with a BT mouse tho but honestly defeat the purpose lah.... I verified that this isn't a driver issue tho.

I will get in touch with Asus UK and update once there ar new development. Meanwhile, new users / buyers, please share your thoughts and if you faced the same problem as I do. Thanks guys.

Wish everyone a HAPPY 2017 ahead!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    As you see on my post on 6 December I have exactly the same problem:

Quote Originally Posted by pgouveia View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a T303UA for one month, i7, 16GB, SSD 500 GB with Windows 10. The performance is great and it's indeed very quick, but the usability is not very good, specially the touchpad that after 10 min starts flickering and makes very difficult to work. I found that if I remove it and put it back again it starts working well again for 10 min, but this is no real solution, I can't stop working each 10 min to detach the keyboard and put it back again. I have updated to all the last drivers and problem stills remains, the only solution I found was to get an external mouse connected to the USB port, but again, coming from a Macbook Air for the last 4 years having to carry a mouse it's like going back in history and kill the lightweight concept I was looking. Anyone has a similar problem? Any ideas of how to solve it?
    I already installed the latest driver and the problem persists. The not so good part is that ASUS is denying this is general problem but all that I saw, including the ones I colud find in ASUS showrooms, had the same problem. I have a friend that bought one on the same day as I did, that after exchanging lots of emails with the ASUS support with no satisfactory answer, went to the local representative and asked for a RMA and now it's almost one month without it.

This is a MAJOR problem that ASUS is doing nothing because they don't acknowledged it.

I urge everybody to complain to ASUS so they understand it's a general problem of all the T3 Pro, not some defect units!!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    1 times
    Haven't experienced this yet but mine was purchased in December?? I'm going to give it heavy use to see if this takes place I'll keep you posted

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    0 times
    Please report back, even if you don't have the problem - until now all units (5) I got in touch had the same touchpad problem in Windows 10 (haven't tried any other OS because I have some work apps that only work in Windows)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF303
    Liked
    1 times
    Used mine pretty heavy last night and didn't notice anything major, some times it's tricky to use but no different than my surface pro. Some cases have also finally appeared on amazon... got one and it fits great . So far I am really enjoying my transformer even more than my sp hope the keyboard continues to function properly!
    Last edited by tfortexas; 01-21-2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Adding more

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links