Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eejit View Post
    Thanks Tor, I did read the reviews that mentioned the screen brightness & the battery issue (as well as the noisy fan, jeezz) I'm sure there'll be more info as they come off the shelves. I may stick with Dell & just grab a smaller screen lap top, they seem to take Linux really well...I know I don't want to get snarled in the Nvidia tangle. But I'm just starting to explore this alley, gotta lotta reading to do. Cheers.
    Don't want to add confusion to your decisions, but you might also want to check out Chromebooks and Google's plans for that OS and the new direction it might be moving towards... Codenamed "Fuchsia"
    eejit likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Don't want to add confusion to your decisions, but you might also want to check out Chromebooks and Google's plans for that OS and the new direction it might be moving towards... Codenamed "Fuchsia"
    Confusion? And myself? In the same sentence???? Jeez, you really do know me.
    Hadn't heard about that Janner, thanks.
    Now I can read that it's a huge deal OR that it's just a matter of guessing.
    And everything in between!! ha, All this access to knowledge really clouds my brain.
    All I'm (relatively) sure of, is when I don't need Win for work, I wanna leave that platform behind.
    Linux...or something else, who knows. I'll kick around the dual boot linux for now, no big rush, lots of options.
    Thanks for the info, cheers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    has anyone bought one of this already? can you tell me how's the fan noise?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    3 times
    HI there... new owner here. I am not bothered with the fan noise tbh. I only hear it IF i am in a totally quiet environment. Its only then where you can here a hoovering sound.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times
    I thought I had read that this is a fanless design.. maybe what you are hearing is a nearby Hoover Vacuum cleaner ???

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    240 times
    No, it's not fanless. If you look at some of the reviews you'll find that some of the complaints are about excessive fan noise. That's a bit surprising, as I can't hear the fan of my own laptop which isn't too different, technologically. So if I didn't know better I would believe it to be fanless.
    Anyway, that's why Sacob asked about fan noise, presumably - those reviews.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    No, it's not fanless. So if I didn't know better I would believe it to be fanless.
    Anyway, that's why Sacob asked about fan noise, presumably - those reviews.

Ultrabookreview.com fudzilla.com reddit.com and techreport.com all say it's fanless. Weird eh ?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    Ultrabookreview.com fudzilla.com reddit.com and techreport.com all say it's fanless. Weird eh ?
    But I just looked back on ultrabookreview.com. It says about the pro-t303ua:
    THE GOOD
    Well built and good looking; great screen with a wide-gamut panel; good Keyboard Folio; solid specs; Thunderbolt 3 port; more affordable than the competition
    THE BAD
    low screen brightness; defective trackpad on this unit; not the best speakers; the fan is quite aggressive; potential throttling in demanding loads; short battery life
    And jazz_samz says his has a fan, it's just that it's very quiet (as I would have expected, despite that review on ultrabookreview.com)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Pro T303UA
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Everyone, sorry for the short silence.

I bought the hardware 3 days before my 8 month "posting" to the U.K. (Home is in SG) and was busy settling down and getting into a routine with my 3 kids. Haven't had the time to visit this forum.

On the Asus Transformer 3 Pro, in all honesty, the hardware is good. I like it. BUT the fan noise is annoying. SUPER ANNOYING if you are working in a quiet room. In a coffee place in public, you hardly hear anything. But in your own personal space, it buzz LIKE MAD! Worst still..... it isn't sporadic. The buzzing is perpetual! I am unsure if Asus have solved any of this problem. My challenge is I bought this in SG and am now in UK. Haven't had the time to contact Asus UK on this issue.

The attached keyboard touch pad is also a pain.... at some point, the touch pad is not responding properly to my finger movement if the keyboard is arced at an angle. If it lies flat on the table, it is more stable. You can overcome that with a BT mouse tho but honestly defeat the purpose lah....

I will get in touch with Asus UK and update once there ar new development. Meanwhile, new users / buyers, please share your thoughts and if you faced the same problem as I do. Thanks guys.

Wish everyone a HAPPY 2017 ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    But I just looked back on ultrabookreview.com. It says about the pro-t303ua:

And jazz_samz says his has a fan, it's just that it's very quiet (as I would have expected, despite that review on ultrabookreview.com)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    240 times
    Thanks for the update!
    Some fans (and disks) aren't necessarily particularly loud, but may have an annoying sound profile still. I know I have replaced disks only for that reason.
    My Japanese notebook got the fan part (and nearly everything else) right, clearly. But it's not an option available to most areas. And very pricey.
    There appears to be some HP alternatives around too. Price may be an issue, again.
    It's unfortunate that Asus seems unable to make new products without goofing on some key points. Fortunately my high-end Asus routers (three different ones, not the cheap stuff) work perfectly in every way, so it may be that they are stumbling on products where they try to cut costs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links