CPU integer: 4752
    CPU float-point: 3496
    2D graphics: 291
    3D graphics: 1224
    Database IO: 485
    SD card write: (1.61MB / s) 16.1
    SD card read: (21.5MB / s) 215
    Total scores: 13950
    Looks like we'll learn a bit more either by end of the year or during CES 2013... But so far it appears it will have the Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon (quad core).

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Awesome, I think the most important thing would be a much slimmer and lighter design of all pieces, well thats the most important for me, and maybe a 1280x800 phone screen and full HD tablet dock

BUC
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    Awesome, I think the most important thing would be a much slimmer and lighter design of all pieces, well thats the most important for me, and maybe a 1280x800 phone screen and full HD tablet dock
    Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core SoC running at 1.5GHz
    2GB of RAM
    Super IPS+ LCD screen measures 4.7 inches in diagonal (this is the only weird spec since it could be IPS LCD or Amoled... Still not sure)
    shines with the impressive 700 nits of brightness
    resolution of 1280 of 720 pixels
    13-megapixel camera on the smartphone's back and a 1.2-megapixel on the front
    Connectivity-wise, the PadFone 2 supports both LTE and HSPA+
    A 2,140mAh battery
    135-gram body and 9 millimeters thick.

I just red this on PhoneArena and Engadget.

A couple of month ago I ended up buying the Samsung Galaxy S3 mostly because of the suported 3G bands that are absent in the original PadFone.... but if this specs turn out to be true and this phone comes out soon I will definitely sell my S3 for this phone...

I just ask for ASUS to include 3G for the 850 and 900 MHz band as well as the 1900 and 2100 found on the first PadFone...

For me, this is the what truly replaces my laptop usage... If I can get this phone, I will leave my laptop for home work, 3D modeling, Adobe...

asus-padfone-2-specs.jpg
    Last edited by BUC; 09-21-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: to include packaging picture
    zAlbee likes this.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Awesome, but surely if they up the phone resolution to 1280x720, they will need to make the tablet full HD

BUC
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    5 times
    Awesome, but surely if they up the phone resolution to 1280x720, they will need to make the tablet full HD
    That would be sweet indeed... But, even thought a tablet dock with the same resolution as the phone would be kind of lame, it would definitely solve or help on the Display Switching issues and App compatibility...

My only dislike on this new specs is that they have dropped the HDMI port for a MHL and I absolutely hate those (Im on a Galaxy S3)... But it is something I can live with.

Hopefully they kept somewhat backward compatibility with all the accesories... even though they make new ones for this phone...

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    Whats MHL?

Im hoping that it has a much thinner full package, the first one was similar size to the 101 which was too bulky for me, and judging by the thickness of the phone, the tablet is probably quite a bit thinner

BUC
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    5 times
    Whats MHL?

Im hoping that it has a much thinner full package, the first one was similar size to the 101 which was too bulky for me, and judging by the thickness of the phone, the tablet is probably quite a bit thinner

Well having the Galaxy S3 which is 8.6 mm in thickness, I think thats on the border of uncomfortable for me. I actually have to have a thin case to handle the phone with a feeling of safety because "too thin" feels like it can slide out of my hand very easily...

This PadFone 2 is said to be 9 mm thick which might be a sweet spot for me, BUT it is not much less than the previous model which was 9.2 mm... So don't get your hopes too high for a slimmer package overall...

If they design an entirely different Tablet that does not have a lid and connects the phone flush with the surface, then we can have a full package of around 11 or 12 mm (compared to the 13.55 mm on the original tablet dock) but the difference might not be a whole lot.

Hopefully they changed the location of the phone insertion... making it closer to the keyboard dock will help in not needing a heavy keyboard to balance the system... and then they can offer the Infinity keyboard as an option.

MHL stands for Mobile High definition Link, which is a standard use by some manufacturers (samsung, HTC, etc) to use the USB port as a video out for HDMI, but it needs an accesory to work, and the accesory needs to be powered by the AC plug... so in reality is a bit more cumbersome than using a separated micro HDMI port...

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    MHL stands for Mobile High definition Link, which is a standard use by some manufacturers (samsung, HTC, etc) to use the USB port as a video out for HDMI, but it needs an accesory to work, and the accesory needs to be powered by the AC plug... so in reality is a bit more cumbersome than using a separated micro HDMI port...
    Also, since it takes up the USB port, it limits your options... like you can't use a USB keyboard at the same time.

Btw, latest news indicates we may hear a announcement on October 16 in both Milan and Tapei!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    A couple of month ago I ended up buying the Samsung Galaxy S3 mostly because of the suported 3G bands that are absent in the original PadFone.... but if this specs turn out to be true and this phone comes out soon I will definitely sell my S3 for this phone...

I just ask for ASUS to include 3G for the 850 and 900 MHz band as well as the 1900 and 2100 found on the first PadFone...
    Dude, if your box photo is accurate, this phone will have penta-band HSPA+ (WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100) and quad-band GSM/EDGE (standard). That means HSPA on both T-mobile and AT&T in the US. If pure Android is on this, this might just replace my Galaxy Nexus!

On the other hand, it also says LTE but I don't think those are LTE bands... I could be wrong.
    Tablet: Asus TF101 B9O 16 GB + 32 GB microSD | SOC: 1.4 GHz Tegra 2 | OS: Team EOS 4 JB 4.2.2 (latest nightly) | Kernel: KAT 103 | Dock: B7O
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 16 GB | SOC: 1.2 GHz OMAP4 | OS: stock JB 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    Laptop: Dell XPS 1340 | CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 w/ 4GB DDR3 dual-channel | OS: Win7 Pro | Other: copper mod

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    74 times
    I would have liked it if windows 8 was on this, because i think it looks so much better than android

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links