Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS n12 repeater

Hello, my repeater is always losing connection.. Dono if its faulty or just random.. The signal is strong when connected but the WiFi speed that comes out is 2mb download from 100mb available from the main router.. Some issue here?

Enviado do meu LG-D802 através de Tapatalk
    Last edited by PtSp; 10-20-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    249 times
    Hi PtSp,

Unfortunately this is probably not the right forum for your question. This site is not affiliated with Asus the company, and it's also focused on Asus tablets.

You may try to post over on https://vip.asus.com/forum/ which is an Asus site. The activity level is not very high, but you may be lucky and get some advice.

As for Asus routers and gadgets, I own a bunch of them, from travel 6-in-1 combos to high-end access points and wi-fi/Ethenet bridges. In general they work really well, particularly the tiny travel router and the more expensive bigger stuff. Their mid-range products can be so-so. As for the N12 I saw one review on Amazon which stated that the newer, black model had lots of problems while the older, white model (different shape too) was problem free. But if that reviewer simply ran into an item with hardware problems is difficult to say.

However, in general, repeater mode is usually the most problematic one, because you may get interference between the main access point and the repeater (seen from your PC or whatever), and the efficiency is also halved if I remember correctly how this works - it's something about the repeater dividing its attention between the main access point and its repeater function.

But try that Asus forum (link above), it may work out better than asking here.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links