Thread: [ROM]★●[ME301T][CROMi-X 5.0.2][ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.1][SEP 8]●★

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Can I clarify something?
    To remove bloatware we only need root access, don't we?
    To install ROM we need to unlock bootloader and install custom recovery, right?

Question.
    What is the difference between 5.x and 4.x of this rom?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lepa71 View Post
    Can I clarify something?
    To remove bloatware we only need root access, don't we?
    To install ROM we need to unlock bootloader and install custom recovery, right?

Question.
    What is the difference between 5.x and 4.x of this rom?

Thanks
    Short answer, you can remove bloatware with titanium backup and root access but this ROM is far beyond that.

Whats changed you ask? short answer, it has been rebased on the latest update from ASUS with more customization options and CROMI control app

Long answer.....

A whole lot

All of this plus Xposed framework modules in 5.04 which allows more customization, there is also a 5.1 being released today which is rebased on the latest asus update.
    08/09/2013 CROMi-X v5.0.2 Full ROM
    o Hunds TF700 Kernel updated to version 3.3.8 and new data2sd patch applied
    o Tegra hotplugging interface changed as per hunds echo "8 12 16" > /sys/kernel/rt_config/rt_config
    o TF700 Only : _that Kernel updated to version 5 which includes GPU OC to 650MHz and CPU OC to 1.8GHz in performance mode.
    You will have 3 options for Kernel CPU Speeds, all with GPU at 650MHz:
    1518 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.5GHz, Performance 1.8GHz
    1315 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.5GHz
    1318 - Power Save 1GHz, Balanced 1.3GHz, Performance 1.8GHz
    o Included _that's recompiled modules for kernel compatibility
    o Removed TF300TG/L kernel due to issues with wifi. Use _that kernel for now
    o Updated SuperUser app to version 1.60
    o Updated Google Keyboard to version 1.1.1881.801980 which fixes the force close messages
    o Updated Aroma Installer to version 2.70RC2 and cleaned up some minor colour bugs in theme.prop
    o Reworked data2sd selections in Aroma so it makes a bit more sense now

01/09/2013 CROMi-X v5.0.1 Full ROM
    o Odexed version released
    o Fixed the Nova Launcher FC. Thanks Meldrak
    o Fixed YouTube Cache2SD issue
    o Fixed ME301T Audio issues - updated audio libraries to v10.6.1.29
    o Small typo fixed in ET Build.Prop and net.tcp.buffersizes added back in
    o Updated SuperUser app and binary to version 1.55
    o Updated Es File Explorer and Theme to version 3.0.5.3

29/08/2013 - v5.0 Final Release CROMi-X
    o Extended the New CROMi-X Asus Animation - plus a few small tweaks to speed
    o Migrated some Extreme Tweak Build.props to the normal ones. ril.disable.fastdormancy=0 and removed ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
    o Reverted the Extreme Tweaks files back to LetMeKnow version which was the fastest and in RC1. Also removed the majority of net tweaks due to WiFi issues
    o Updated LMT Pie Launcher to version 1.9.12
    o Updated Apex Launcher to version 2.1.0
    o Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.2.1
    o Updated Stock Launcher to 10.6.1.27.1 version. I forgot to update it! Thanks Meldrak
    o Updated Meldraks Cache2SD to version 1.2 which now includes the ability to move data files to SD (good for large games). Turned off by default.
    Use cache2sd -c in terminal to configure that
    o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel and modules to version 3.3.5 Beta
    o Added Hunds tweak to under-volt GPU by 25mv to installer options
    o Added LetMeKnows CPU.sh files for better Hunds performance for TF700 users

Older Versions:
    Code:
    25/08/2013 - v5.0RC2 CROMi-X
    o Updated CROMI Control to version 1.2.1
    o Updated SytemUI.apk from elesbb to fix the kill app button on 4.1 GUI. You now swipe up from the bottom bar to kill the current app
    o Updated Transformer.apk from elesbb to fix the sticky dock notification
    o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel to version 3.3.4 beta
    o Removed the data journaling off from tune options for hunds kernels to add some stability and reduce risk of corruption on his kernel
    o Changed the Extreme Tweaks vm/swapiness to 1. This should make multi tasking smoother
    o Updated Software Rendering disabled to be a tweak option. Imo unless the GPU is OC'ed it struggles to cope sometimes
    o Zip Align script is off by default now. This should speed up bootup and also help other scripts execute in time. Thanks Flumpster
    o Updated cache2sd to version 1.2b. Meldrak has been working on extra options and better initialisation, plus bug fixes for apps that fc'ed
    o Added a NEW Asus CROMi-X Bios Boot Animation inspired by vnphatbuddha, heavily modded by me

23/08/2013 - v5.0RC1 CROMi-X
    o Introducing the first beta release of CROMI CONTROL by elesbb v1.2. This allows you to control notifications, volume steps, USB charging and more!
    o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel to version 3.3.3 beta
    o Added option to Over Volt - useful for Overclocking Hunds kernels. Thanks LetMeKnow
    o Zip Aligned system apks
    o Updated Google Play Store to JB4.3 - 4.3.11 multi-dpi patched
    o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.10.4
    o Updated cache2sd to version 1.2. Now auto installs google and all apps by default. Removed YouTube caching due to fc
    o Experimental Resolution changer option added - 1920x1200 or 1280x800 for TF700 users. 1280x800 great for gaming
    o Experimental Extreme Tweaks edition by LetMeKnow (build.prop and init.d tweaks). Feel the speed.

21/08/2013 - v5.0b3 CROMi-X
    o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel to version 3.3.2 beta
    o Updated Hunds TF201 kernel to version 2.0.3 beta
    o Updated Hunds app to version 1.8
    o Modded Asus Keyboard to dark grey
    o Updated YouTube to version 5.0.21
    o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.10
    o Experimental Turned off software rendering in /system/lib/hw/egl/egl.cfg. Thanks LetMeKnow
    o Experimental cache2sd binary added to ROM for testing. Thanks meldrak. See [SCRIPT] Speed up apps by moving cache to SD v1.2 08/28/2013 - xda-developers

18/08/2013 - v5.0b2 CROMi-X
    o Updated Settings.apk to bring back Launcher Switching for TF700. Modded by elesbb
    o Updated DSP Manager to later version. Modded by flumpster
    o Fixed MyLibrary (Asus Reader). It was missing Adobe Fonts. Note it uses a lot of CPU cycles if left open in the background
    o Removed 180DPI option for non TF700 users as causes FC
    o Removed WiFI Direct for the non TF700 transformers (It's not going to work)
    o Modded Hunds TF300 kernel to include TF300TG and TL plus ME301T specific libraries
    o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel to version 3.3.1 beta

17/08/2013 - v5.0b1 CROMi-X
    o Completely rebuilt ROM using Asus 10.6.1.27.1 stock source. Deodexed by me
    o Rebuilt stock kernel from Asus 10.6.1.27.1 source. Added insecure, other asus device init.rc, adb and also init.d support
    o Rebuilt TF300TG stock kernel from Asus 10.6.1.28 source. Added insecure, init.d and adb support. Should help wifi reboot issues
    o Rebuilt ME301T modules and libs from Asus 10.6.1.29 source
    o Re-Added Advanced Power Menu into Anfroid.Policy.jar. Thanks flumpster for the help
    o Re-Added Service.jar mods to stop unnecessary Asus Brightness logcat entries
    o Re-Added Framework.jar mods to disable ScrollingCache for smoother scrolling
    o Rebuilt and modded Browser.apk with debug preferences available by default
    o Added Super IPS and GPS back into the Prime version. Thanks flumpster for the help
    o Rom now disables Smart Dimmer by default. If you must use it (why?) then turn it back on from settings please
    o Changed vm.vfs_cache_pressure to 50 and /proc/sys/vm/swappiness to 1. This should help the ROM deal with large files
    o Added WiFI Direct into the non TF700 transformers (option doesn't currently do anything though - needs work)
    o Updated HOSTS file for ad blocking
    o Updated Hunds 3.3.0 BETA kernel for the TF700 which fixes reboot to recovery issues
    o Fixed Hunds kernel installer as modules weren't getting written correctly
    o Updated Hunds 1.0.2 BETA kernel for the TF201 which fixes reboot to recovery and extFat issues
    o Updated Hunds app to version 1.7
    o Updated SuperUser and binary to version 1.51
    o Updated Google Play Store to JB4.3 - 4.3.10 multi-dpi patched
    o Updated Google Music to version 5.1.1109K
    o Updated Google Calendar to JB4.3 version 201306302
    o Updated Google Mail to version 4.5.2-714156
    o Updated Google Maps to version 7.1.0
    o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.0
    o Updated Keyboard Manager to version 2.7
    o Updated Apex Launcher to version 2.0.6
    o Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.2
    o Updated Asus Web Storage to version 2.0.6.7283
    o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.0.5.2
    o Removed Beats DSP as it caused audio issues
    o Removed Sony Bravia Engine and Sony XLoud as I don't think they did anything. You can install them individually from XDA
    o Removed Fsync warning from installer
    o Updated to new Aroma Installer v2.70RC1 with CROMi-X theme by me
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    19 times
    New version 5.1 is live Enjoy

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi all,

After having played around with my replacement tablet for some time now verifying at everything seems to be working like it should I now feel that I'm ready for the next "level".
    Reading the thread about this ROM on XDA (and looking at the list of options) I can't help but feeling that there are way to many options for me to choose between...

So - can anyone who already installed this come with a recommendation on what to choose when installing? By reading a bit I feel that I want to turn off fsync, and I think I might also want to have a kernel that I can undervolt (Do I have to choose either that or having overclock?)

Any other recommendations? There's talk about a patched Play Store that might (or not) help me to install NFS Shift on the tablet?

- I'm not asking to be spoonfed here, but it would be nice if those of you who did install this ROM could share what options you went with...

Thanks in advance,
    gosa
    Last edited by gosa; 10-27-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Those *"#% typos!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gosa View Post
    Hi all,

After having played aronud with my replacement tablet for some time now verifying at everything seems to be working like it should I now feel that I'm ready for the next "level".
    Reading the thread about this ROM on XDA (and looking at the list of options) I can't help but feeling that there are way to many options for me to choose between...

So - can anyone who alread installed this come with a recommendation on what to choose when installing? By reading a bit I feel that I want to turn off fsync, and I think I might also want to have a kernel that I can undervolt (Do I have to choose either that or having overclock?)

Any other recommendations? There's talk about a patched Play Store that might (or not) help me to install NFS Shift on the tablet?

- I'm not asking to be spoonfed here, but it would be nice if those of you who did install this ROM cojuld share what options you went with...

Thanks in advance,
    gosa
    Wow! Don't worry about the play store thing this is not a problem in the latest version. You will get one that gives you all the apps comaptible with your device. As for options - yes there are lots but the point is you can test and reflash the rom as many times as you want and you won't lose anything. So choose the default settings I use to start with and have a play. If you feel you want more speed - go back nd flash again but this time choose a different kernel, maybe disable fsync or force GPU rendering. Don't like it, go back and flash the orignal setings again.

Thats is the beauty of CROMi-X

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    11 times
    You're right... I shouldn't be lazy about this.

- It's just that I spent so much time and energy with the first unit I had (another story) that I got kind of tired of it all for a while, and coming from only really having experience from CM on my previous tablet & phones I'm kind of overwhelmed by the options (that and the fact that my 2-year old doesn't give me enough free time to tinker). And since your thread on XDA doesn't have that many ME301t users I thought I'd ask what people are running...

Anyway - thanks for your reply. I'll go for as much "basic" as possible and then install the kernel and tweaks-thingie on top to do the rest.

One thing is not completely clear to me though. In the description of the Kernel and Tweaks installer I can't find Hund's kernel being an option for my tablet, but I still read that some people are installing it.
    How does that work out?

Thanks,
    gosa

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    hi there!

For those who doesn't want unlock and try this rom, let me refer you to the next screenshot taken on my Memo Pad Smart, much long after succesfully installed the CrOMIx... awesome performance!!!!!

Screenshot_2013-10-27-22-33-31.jpg

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    I was hoping I could throw some questions out as I am dying to get this rom loaded on my me301t. Being relatively new to all of this I am a little nervous about doing this. So, where am I already? I have 10.6.1.31 with an unlocked bootloader. Everything I have read, so far, and I have been digging for days, does not mention if I can install twrp on this release? So, I have been looking for 10.6.1.27 and cannot find it on the Asus site, English or French. I did read the updated notes about prepping your tablet and I did see you can install twrp on 10.6.1.27 or later, but that was in a tf300 forum and not sure if it applies to this tablet or not.

I really appreciate any help or advice you may have to offer. For the money, this tablet is pretty stacked. I have heard nothing but great things about this rom and am really excited to give it a spin.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lwleaver View Post
    I was hoping I could throw some questions out as I am dying to get this rom loaded on my me301t. Being relatively new to all of this I am a little nervous about doing this. So, where am I already? I have 10.6.1.31 with an unlocked bootloader. Everything I have read, so far, and I have been digging for days, does not mention if I can install twrp on this release? So, I have been looking for 10.6.1.27 and cannot find it on the Asus site, English or French. I did read the updated notes about prepping your tablet and I did see you can install twrp on 10.6.1.27 or later, but that was in a tf300 forum and not sure if it applies to this tablet or not.

I really appreciate any help or advice you may have to offer. For the money, this tablet is pretty stacked. I have heard nothing but great things about this rom and am really excited to give it a spin.
    10.6.1.27.5 is a TF300 based rom but if you choose to install it as a ME301T user I include the relevant updates from 10.6.1.31 Asus roms are universal so I just diff the different roms and incldue the correct files for your hardware

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    19 times
    BTW 5.2a is out now - I should probably update the main thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links