Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Bricked ME301T after trzing to restore factory settings

Hello all,

first of all I am really novice with "playing" with Android system bootloader.

I left my older ME301T to son and even if I locked installation of some own applications he was able to download and install a messy SW.

One of side effect was that repeatally it warned about failed keyboard, launcher, .... and others.

Due to that i have decided to reboot to factory settings. But because it was imposible to do over Settings due to permamently flashing a warnings, I wanted to do it over POWER+VOLUME DOWN.

1. I have downloaded the latest firmware.
    2. Formated SD as FAT32
    3. Unziped the WW_epaduser_10_6_1_31_UpdateLauncher.zip --> WW_epad-user-10.6.1.31.zip
    4. Performed hard restart
    5. I got 3 options. I have choosed Wipe
    6. Some error happened but do not remember what was there because immediatelly was tablet restarted by itself

Since then I am got stuck on error:
    Signature mismatch.
    Booting failed
    Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000008)

Then I am googling and googling. Trying possible either impossible. Saddly looking from window ....
    I have also reformated the SD and renamed the firmaware to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip.

Any useful and working advice how to unbrick it before I'll use real bricks to damage the bastard?

Thanks a lot
    Reddy
    Last edited by ReddySK; 08-01-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ReddySK View Post
    Hello all,

first of all I am really novice with "playing" with Android system bootloader.

I left my older ME301T to son and even if I locked installation of some own applications he was able to download and install a messy SW.

One of side effect was that repeatally it warned about failed keyboard, launcher, .... and others.

Due to that i have decided to reboot to factory settings. But because it was imposible to do over Settings due to permamently flashing a warnings, I wanted to do it over POWER+VOLUME DOWN.

1. I have downloaded the latest firmware.
    2. Formated SD as FAT32
    3. Unziped the WW_epaduser_10_6_1_31_UpdateLauncher.zip --> WW_epad-user-10.6.1.31.zip
    4. Performed hard restart
    5. I got 3 options. I have choosed Wipe
    6. Some error happened but do not remember what was there because immediatelly was tablet restarted by itself

Since then I am got stuck on error:
    Signature mismatch.
    Booting failed
    Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000008)

Then I am googling and googling. Trying possible either impossible. Saddly looking from window ....
    I have also reformated the SD and renamed the firmaware to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip.

Any useful and working advice how to unbrick it before I'll use real bricks to damage the bastard?

Thanks a lot
    Reddy
    Welcome to the forum!
    Where did you find the "renaming to EP201_1024_SDUPDATE.zip"?
    Doesn't match our experience here. I do not have the Memo Pad so I cannot speak from first hand experience but according to our info you have to rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.ZIP
    And then you have to boot into recovery to flash that file - if it still boots even into the bootloader... The "unrecoverable bootloader error" is not good news if you are on a locked bootloader.
    Follow the instructions in Method B to the letter and let me know how far you get: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, TF701)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links