Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times

Asus ME301T Memo Pad Smart- Wont Turn On

Hello,

I have an Asus ME301T Memo Pad Smart.

I got it just under 2 years ago. It worked fine in all aspects, even hooked up to my computer or a TV via HDMI.

This past January I was on the tablet using the Google Plus app. My steps- I opened the app. The app opened and my timeline or wall was trying to load. During that time I tapped on the menu to go to a page I manage instead of my personal profile. The menu dropped down and I tapped on my page. It then froze up.

I went to put it to sleep in an attempt to unfreeze it. When I went to press the power button to wake it up, nothing happened. It is as if it just died. The battery was fully charged at the time.

I have seen this happen before. For instance, I would have the tablet on, but no apps open & the home screen would just start bouncing around without me touching it. Or I would be using an app like Facebook for example & the same thing would happen. I would press the power button to put it to sleep in an attempt to get it to stop. I would wait a few seconds, press the power button again & it would come back on & the app or I guess the screen would be fine- the bouncing stopped.

Another instance I experienced would be when I was using an app & the tablet would just die or crash while Iím in the middle of using it. I would have to hold the power button down for more than just a few seconds in order to get it to come back on. This worked for a while until January that is.
    I have tried the following:

I plug in the tablet in to charge using the wall adapter- the orange light comes on & it acts like it wants to charge. It doesnít seem to charge in a hurry. The green light eventually comes on some hours later. I take it off the charger. I press and hold the power button & nothing happens. I hold the tablet up to my ear and I can hear a buzzing sound- that itís on or has power to it. I then press and hold the power button while holding it up to my ear & it sounds like it changes pitch, but nothing appears to happen on the screen or otherwise.

I have tried pressing the reset button, even holding it down. Nothing happens.

I have tried holding down the power button in combinations with the volume buttons. Nothing happens.

I have tried hooking it up to an HDMI cord to try & display it on to my tv. I get ďno signalĒ now.

I have tried connecting it to my computer & I get a few different responses. Sometimes it will connect, but then make the sound as if it has disconnected. Another time- it connected, but says the device has malfunctioned & wonít work properly. When I click on the message a window comes up stating it is an unknown device and to replace it. And twice before it has connected and tries to install the proper drivers. It says they have installed, but that I need to restart my computer. I restart the computer. It then sits on a black screen, but doesnít boot up- no windows logo comes up like you would see when you restart your computer. I then unplug the tablet from the computer & then my computer continues to boot up like normal. When I get to my desktop I then plug the tablet back in only to have it say the device isnít working properly or it has malfunctioned etc. But one thing is clear. When I connect the tablet to the computer -no matter the response- I then go to ďmy computerĒ to see if any new devices show up as being connected. The tablet never shows up.

And the final thing I have tried is whatís called a trickle charge. I plugged it up to my computer (where it seemed to be charging) and left it connected. I then left the computer on for 72 hours in hopes that that may help. I waited the 3 days, unplugged it from my computer tried to turn it on and nothing happened.

Is there anything else I can try or perhaps retry, Iím not sure what else to do.

Thank you for your time.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

Sadly, it sounds to me (because you have already followed all the trouble shooting steps we would normally suggest) that your device has suffered terminal hardware failure.

Time for a more robust replacement...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi there, i have a new problem with my me301t, after some moths working smoothly under omniroom 4.4 until today.. i switched it off yesterday and everything looked normally but today when i tried to turn it on i got no response, tried the long pressing (about 60 seconds) and the cold boot but nothing worked. When i plug the charger the lil orange light appears, charges untill it turns green and my pc recognices the tablet as "ASUS Android MTP Device".

Can i get it back to work?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Also tried to reset factory by Vol Down & Power but i got no response from the tablet.
    Last edited by petacacas; 08-20-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    2 times
    I have been trying some things, while conected to pc i can see how it respond to long pres on power and reset by disappearing from device manager so maybe its a problem on the screen..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    2 times
    Problem solved, it was the screen bus, just needed to be tightened...dont know how the hell it got loose

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links