Thread: Dead Memo Pad

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times

Dead Memo Pad

I bought a new ME301T Memo Pad Smart 10 from BestBuy. It worked and looked amazing. The only thing I used it for was reading comics, no emails, no youtube, no facebook not even looking things up online. Never dropped it. I wanted to use the Navigation App I clicked on it and the tablet froze. I tried to turn it off but it just wouldn't turn off. So I let the tablet home on so it can drain the battery life. Well since then it hasn't turned back on. Cold Boot, Hot Boot, Factory Reset nothing works. It will recharge, the Amber light turns on then when fully charged the light turns Green but it still won't turn on.

After it is fully charged I unplug it from the charger and plug it back the Amber light turns on charging the tablet again even if its been fully charged. I had a good 8 months with it. Any Help Any Advise...Please.

Thank You

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Have you tried thw Wipe Data option from the bootloader already?
    Boot with Power and Vol Down, then select teh Wipe Data icon with Vol Down, execute with Vol Up?
    If yes (and that's what I would do anyway I think) it's warranty repair time. Call or web-contact Asus, egta RMA and let them fix it.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MkyNice View Post
    I bought a new ME301T Memo Pad Smart 10 from BestBuy. It worked and looked amazing. The only thing I used it for was reading comics, no emails, no youtube, no facebook not even looking things up online. Never dropped it. I wanted to use the Navigation App I clicked on it and the tablet froze. I tried to turn it off but it just wouldn't turn off. So I let the tablet home on so it can drain the battery life. Well since then it hasn't turned back on. Cold Boot, Hot Boot, Factory Reset nothing works. It will recharge, the Amber light turns on then when fully charged the light turns Green but it still won't turn on.

After it is fully charged I unplug it from the charger and plug it back the Amber light turns on charging the tablet again even if its been fully charged. I had a good 8 months with it. Any Help Any Advise...Please.

Thank You
    MkyNice - We're very sorry that you've been having this power issue with your ASUS MeMo Pad 10. When troubleshooting most if not all (software related) issue with Android devices, the only option would be to have a full factory reset done. A factory reset usually resolves most if not all issues with your Android devices. Since there are also no drivers available for download to resolve issues with Android devices, resetting the device would be the main troubleshooting option aside from having the unit shipped in to our service facility for servicing.
    If a factory reset does not resolve the issue, our recommended option would be to have the unit shipped in for servicing at our ASUS service facility as there may be a possible hardware issue with the unit.

To have a factory data reset done for the tablet, please proceed with the following steps.

(IMPORTANT: Please be advised that all personal data will be lost after performing these steps. Backing up personal data is strongly recommended before performing a reset):

Step 1: Ensure tablet is powered off.
    Step 2: When tablet is powered off; hold Power button until the start screen logo appears. Once the start screen appears, hold Volume down button (while still holding Power button simultaneously) until tablet enters the System Bootloader screen (this screen should usually appear as an Android on its back with its chest open)
    Step 3: Once in System Bootloader window, use Volume up / down keys to cycle through boot options until "Recovery Mode" is seen at the top of the screen.
    Step 4: Once "Recovery Mode" is seen, press Power button once to select this boot option.
    Step 5: After executing "Recovery Mode", an image of the Android laying on its back should appear with a red exclamation triangle in its chest saying "No command". At this screen, hold the Power button and press the Volume up button ONCE simultaneously then release both.
    Step 6: Once done, tablet should enter the "Android system recovery" mode. Once in this window, use the Volume keys to cycle through the selections to highlight "Wipe data/factory reset".
    Step 7: Once highlighted, press Power button once to select "Wipe data/factory reset".
    Step 8: The following screen will be to confirm the data wipe. Use the Volume down key to highlight "Yes -- delete all user data" then press Power button once to execute operation.
    Step 9: Once data wipe is complete, if tablet goes back to the "Android system recovery" screen, highlight the first selection ( "Reboot system now" ) and press Power button to execute.

If you're having trouble completing these steps or in the event that after completing these steps you're still having this issue please contact us via email at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description. Also within your email you may advise us of the troubleshooting steps that you've performed on your own along with the serial number of your tablet.

You may reference this case number (N150488378) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you both for the reply. The thing with my tablet is that its as if the battery is gone. So I can't do any reboots or access anything it won't turn on, on its own or while being charged. My tablet has been dead like this for 2 years (didn't mention before for fear no one would answer me) I bought it when it came out for my birthday. I tired emailing Asus on the website (https://www.asus.com/us/) and calling but got the runner around. I even took it to Microcenter and paid $65 for them to tell me what I knew already it won't turn on.

My question is can it be the Battery?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    If it runs when plugged into the charger, but not without the a/c on, then yes it is very likely the battery.

If not, then it might be the battery but it is more likely something on the motherboard or charging circuit that is fried.

Given the price of the Smart and the price of other devices now, IMO it is not worth spending money on, (even a third party OEM battery will be a fair bit). You could try dismantling the device and reconnecting all the leads and looking for any obvious damage, but I don't think I would spend more $s on it.

Sorry...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links