Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
    Haha, users reported that it worked...

I am not sure about staging space but it should be big enough to handle the stock firmware. I need to verify that on the tf700t. I will give you an update on the size of the staging partition when I have a chance...

Please disregard my previous post...
    cat /proc/partitions lists mmcblk0p4 (which I believe is staging) as 835584 blocks (how do you convert blocks to MBs???) which is actually larger than mmcblk0p1 (which I think is system) at 786432 - this is on the TF700.
    So you're probably right. Staging should be large enough to handle the blob.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    [GUIDE] How to flash Official Firmware downloaded from ASUS site

21 posts moved from TF300 Help section to the Memo Pad Smart section of the forum. Thread title created for the OP.

Not sure why the OP is unzipping the zip file. Procedure as mentioned in the Guide above has worked many times. Has he tried placing the zip file in the top level internal storage [/] and then follow the procedure?
    Last edited by Swipe; 02-07-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Since perhaps you are looking in the wrong place for the firmware or your system isn't processing it properly I have created a google drive folder with the downloaded firmware. You will see that it is 2 nested zip files and you will need to unzip the first one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...Ym8&authuser=0

The firmware came from this page. https://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/...Desk_Download/
    I assume that you have the US SKU so I downloaded that one for you
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Something still aint quite right. Please bear with us, I know this is tedious, but I have done this many. many times without a problem. The method works, but something about your setup is not right.
    Please post the name of the zip you downloaded. As Kevin said it should be a name with the version number and "UPDATE_LAUNCHER" in it.
    Inside of that file is another zip named something like: eepad_version_user.zip.
    inside the user.zip is the blob and a meta_inf folder.
    If you get to the blob by unzipping only once something ain't right.
    Also, when selecting the USB icon on your tablet, you put the tablet into fastboot mode.
    That done, make sure you are running Windows as administrator and then shift+right click inside your Minimal adb fastboot folder and select "open command prompt here".
    Then type
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    Take a screen shot (Print Screen) of your command window with the return and post it please.
    adb fastboot devices.png

Here is the picture that you requested. direct from fastboot, it sees my device.

Also, here is some photos of the DIRECT FROM ASUS DOWNLOAD FOLDER that I have completed countless times, and a photo of it being unzipped TWICE.
    DIRECT ASUS DOWNLOAD.png
    direct from asus download 2.png

I figured out that winrar was unzipping it twice without my knowledge of it. So yes, there are 2 .ZIP folders instead of 1. It seems like it was the programs fault on that end. I am just using windows explorer as of right now to view files. knowing this, I will once again try the Mirco SD method.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    If you do choose to try fastboot again, make sure the file you want to transfer is in the exact same directory as the file called fastboot.exe in the minimal fastboot and adb folder.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    If you do choose to try fastboot again, make sure the file you want to transfer is in the exact same directory as the file called fastboot.exe in the minimal fastboot and adb folder.
    I HAVE FIXED THE DEVICE.

I tried using the SD card method again and got nowhere. no matter what it was named, it didn't work.

However, after rebooting my computer and following buster99's post exactly, fastboot worked hand in hand with my tablet and it updated the software with no issues. This tablet is now unbricked and fully functional. After 4 days of messing with it, I finally have it going again. WOOOOOOTTTT!!!!! I am going to leave the process here for others as to what I have done, so that if anyone runs into this error again, it can be fixed easily without trying to locate the post.

Again, I have the ME301T that is UNMODIFIED. It is running on a STOCK OS system. And I am using a Windows 7 operated laptop.

I downloaded Minimal ADB and Fastboot. this can be found just by doing a google search.

Download the official update file from the Asus website: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you are running windows, be sure NOT to open the file in winrar and use windows explorer (just a file opener) to open the file instead.

Download the 'care package'. (where did this go? could have swore i book marked it or something.)

Once you have this complete, go into your c: drive, and create a folder called 'fastboot'. then take the contents of the 'care package', and put them into the 'fastboot' folder on your c: drive. After that, take the 'blob' file from the Asus files you downloaded(can be had by unzipping the file twice to reveal it.), and put it into the 'fastboot' folder. (just the 'blob' file, nothing else.)

Restart your computer.

Connect your ME301T (memo pad 10) tablet to your computer and enter the bootloader screen by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons. Since this tablet is running the jellybean OS, you'll see 4 options. Select the USB symbol by using the Volume down button to select it, and the up button to enter it. Once you have entered the USB mode, your computer should recognize the system as 'fastboot'.

Now that your tablet is connected, open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot command prompt by selecting it through either the desktop icon or start->all programs->minimal adb and fastboot.

Now that you have the command prompt up, type in the following: fastboot devices

The system should then spit out some sort of random number combination with the word 'fastboot' next to it.(can be seen in this thread) This means that your system recognizes that your tablet is in fastboot mode. Now, you need to enter the following commands in order for it to work. Do not disconnect anything while this is going on, or quit. be patient here. patience is key when working with technology. (taken from the post on 'buster99', from earlier in this thread. All credit goes to that guy. whoever he is, he rocks!)

Enter the following commands:

fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\fastboot\blob(this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
    fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
    C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\fastboot\blob
    erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 1.695s]
    sending 'system' (800935 KB)...**
    OKAY [133.121s]
    writing 'system'...
    OKAY [153.973s]
    finished. total time: 288.789s

**When you enter this, you should see a blue bar on your tablet indicating that it is loading the new system/updating.

Once it is finished, enter the reboot command, and the tablet will reboot itself and disconnect from the PC. Upon startup, you must wait while the new system loads the OS. After that, you can setup your minty fresh new tablet and go from there. Thank you to everyone who helped me here! I had a great time learning a new way to fix this android stuff!!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Congratulations. I was beginning to worry that you might have a dead system. At least you stayed positive and were able to learn something about android development. Its really important to be patient in these situations.

Interesting that you mentioned you had 4 icons in your bootloader. On the rest of the Asus tegra 3 devices (tf300, tf700) there was a firmware update that removed the usb icon. Instead fastboot mode was enabled all the time. Were you on an earlier firmware before? I am curious if your bootloader has now changed to the three icon setup.

Also I renamed the title again to include fastboot in order to better direct others to this conversation thread.

______

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links