Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Memo Pad 10 K001 won't turn on

I have an Asus Memo Pad K001 that won't turn on. When I plug it in to charge, the orange light on the power button lights up, and has turned green at least once. I do not get any battery charging indicator to show up on screen, though. Below is a list of things I have tried:

1) Long press the power button (for at least 60 sec)
    2) Cold boot
    3) Hard reset using reset button near SD card slot
    4) Tried plugging into Computer and the driver will not install. The computer doesn't seem to recognize it.

Based on all of this, I think the issue is the main system board, but I thought I would check with the community first, and see if anyone had any other suggestions. And if it is the main system board, would I be able to buy another broken Memo Pad and swap out the system board, or will I have to worry about hardware not being identified because of a serial number issue? Appreciate any help you can give me.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum BlackBox. At the bottom of this web page there are several similar threads. I suggest you take a look at those and see if there's a solution there. If you do find one could you post the solution that worked for you here. If anyone has any ideas I'm sure they'll also post suggestions.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    I have an Asus Memo Pad K001 that won't turn on. When I plug it in to charge, the orange light on the power button lights up, and has turned green at least once. I do not get any battery charging indicator to show up on screen, though. Below is a list of things I have tried:

2) Cold boot
    4) Tried plugging into Computer and the driver will not install. The computer doesn't seem to recognize it.

Based on all of this, I think the issue is the main system board, but I thought I would check with the community first, and see if anyone had any other suggestions. And if it is the main system board, would I be able to buy another broken Memo Pad and swap out the system board, or will I have to worry about hardware not being identified because of a serial number issue? Appreciate any help you can give me.

BlackBox - Hello, we're sorry that you're having an issue with your tablet. We will be more than happy to assist. I am seeing that you have made some troubleshooting attempts however, we would like to suggest an additional option (Trickle Charging), before we go forward with any further determinations.

Please see steps below for attempting a Trickle Charge:

Step 1: Connect the tablet via USB cable to a notebook or desktop PC for at least 72 hours.
    Step 2: Ensure the notebook or desktop PC is powered on during these 72 hours while the tablet is trickle charging uninterrupted.

After the specified time is completed, if there is still no life from the tablet, for further assistance please contact us with details of this issue along with your personal contact information at : socialsupportus@asus.com.

Thank you.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys, just thought I would leave a quick update so people know this is still an active thread. I am currently trying the trickle charge technique. I initially blew it off because I did get the light on the power button to go green, but who knows, it may have been a fluke. I'm going to give it the 72 hours I was recommended, so I will post an update afterwards. Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Blackbox,

I've seen something like this before and what worked for me was to let it charge up for a while before attempting to power it on. Also, make sure you're using a charger that puts out at least 1.5 amps, preferably 2.0 amps. The weaker chargers just won't get the job done, certainly not when it's powered on. When you do plug in a charger, do you get the orange charge light near the power button?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi BlackBox, I'm having exactly the same issue as you with my Memopad.
    Tried everything I've found on the forums, except the trickle charge for 72 hs, because my PC is on my bedroom and it is a noisy gaming desktop with many coolers, and I can't stand that noise at sleep time.
    Did it for 36 hs and it didn't work.
    Please let me know if the trickle charge worked for you, or if you found any other solution.
    Thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post

2) Cold boot

Hi Blackbox,

I have this exact same problem.. Did you fix it already? Could you please help me? I'm so desperate..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Stagefer,

Did you find a solution for this problem? Please help me.. I have the exact same problem.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asusminator View Post
    Hi Stagefer,

Did you find a solution for this problem? Please help me.. I have the exact same problem.
    I have replied to you in your other thread.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asusminator View Post
    Hi Blackbox,

I have this exact same problem.. Did you fix it already? Could you please help me? I'm so desperate..
    We're very sorry that you're unable to properly boot up your ASUS tablet. Please contact us via email, providing details of how and when exactly this issue occurred along with any troubleshooting steps that you've performed on your own. You may direct your email to socialsupportus@asus.com. Within your email kindly attach your tablet's model and serial number.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150610317) on your next contact.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links