Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times

Memo Pad Smart 10 G sensor Off

Hi people! I have been reading the forum trying to find a solution for this issue and I didnít find any. It was great anyway because I read a lot of interesting tips for the future.

When using games that require the use of the G sensor I have this problem. The sensor seems to be mal adjusted and for example if Iím using a race game when my tablet is leveled up, horizontally, the car goes to the left. The level is off about 10ļ. (Checked with another application)

I have some Samsung devices (not trying to offend anyone here I love my ASUS) all of them using Android and on the screen menu there is a very practical setting to reset the sensor. I tried to find the setting and I couldnít. They previos versions of Android. Can't believe this Android version doesn't have it.

I also read on the net about doing some 8 figure with the tablet to reset the sensor but the instructions were never clear about how to hold the tablet and so onÖ I tried in some ways and it didnít work but it was funny !

Is there a way or software or something I am overlooking? Any advice or tip would be highly appreciate, thanks in advance, Joe.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I can see some people read my post but there are no tips so far… I think this is a tough one.

This is what I found out so far and maybe it can help someone else in the future. I wrote to Asus Support and they suggested the following , what do do think?

Press the power button and the volume button (- ) at the same time ; choose the Wipe Data option buttons moving with volume up and down ; Once selected press the volume button ( +) and begin the recovery process ; choose the language; restart.

It says I will lose all the data so I should make a backup…

Thanks again, Joe.
    Last edited by joejoe2090; 01-29-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately after all the trouble of backing up all the information to reset the tablet it did not work. I was kind of expecting this result it is usually what technical suppot ask you to do. I wrote them back for any other tips. I'll keep you informed.

Any other advice? Nobody has mentioned anything so far. What about any adjusting tool in the android system; I could find it in my android cell phone but no in the tablet. Regards Joe.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    This is what I got "Dear customer , for the problem that you indicate us , ASUS MeMO Pad 10 will require a revision in our service centers Ö no in Latin America at the moment, in these countries is different warranty policy , since it is given locally." That's my luck!!!

Well I guess it is not the end of the world I can live with that but it is a real shame because the tablet has proved to be very good so far, I cannot complain.

I did notice nobody commented on this topicÖ not even the moderators, anyway, this forum has been really helpful because while reading the forum I learned a lot of tips for the tablet. Thanks again, Joe.

If in the future I just happen to find a solution Iíll post it, maybe it can come in handy for someone else.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I know that many games have the option to manually calibrate the rotation censor in their settings. This may fix it for that individual game, but I think from what you say the calibration is off on a system level which survives even a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Hmmnn... I would try a COLD BOOT as described in the Master Help Guide. Then I would hold the tablet flat in front of me at arm's length, then perform a "figure 8" maneuver several times. This might help calibrate the sensor. I don't think you can do it via any settings. Give that a try and report back !

I said at arms' length so you have room for different sizes of figure 8's ...

Also - two apps in the Play store you might want to check out - Android Sensor Box and Sensor Tester (by Soaus) - Sensor tester can calibrate the accelerometer...
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-31-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gtanner00, Swipe I really appreciate your help.

Gtanner00 you are right but unfortunately the ones that need it most donít have it.

Swipe I had no problem performing the cold reset, but no such luck, I have a question though, should I do the eight figure during the cold boot or just right after? I also tried the two applications you mentioned, they are very informative but they dont allow any kind of adjustment.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I think you will need an RMA to solve this. I tried some calibration apps and found that they allow you to calibrate the sensor for that app but it doesn't apply on a system wide level. Seems like you need to return the device or RMA it. If you bought it at a store, I would try to complain to them (eg. Make it seem like a bigger deal than it actually is) and see of they will replace it first.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links