Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wifi connection problem with my asus tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times

Question Wifi connection problem with my asus tablet.

hello i just bought a asus tablet I tested it walked well as wifi also I configured my google account and downloaded some application, but now she wants more now connect to wireless networks, but it detects impossible to try I connected to other networks, it is impossible even to make a connection ..... I do not understand or what is the problem with my tablet ..... Asus Memo pad smart Wi-Fi version V7.5.0.71 version of android 4.1.1 model ME301T.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    91 times
    Are you having trouble connecting to the same network that you first used to configure the tablet and do the initial set-up? Have you tired restarting it (both tablet and router)?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Are you having trouble connecting to the same network that you first used to configure the tablet and do the initial set-up? Have you tired restarting it (both tablet and router)?

I have the same problem ... I still using the same wifi network but now have a kind of loop and not connect ,,, any kind of advice will welcome.

I think the issue came from the last update last week.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by all78 View Post
    I have the same problem ... I still using the same wifi network but now have a kind of loop and not connect ,,, any kind of advice will welcome.

I think the issue came from the last update last week.
    Forget the connection on the tablet, reboot the router then reconnect after the router reboots.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Forget the connection on the tablet, reboot the router then reconnect after the router reboots.

I tried with rebooting rooter and make another wifi and have the same issue.

Does any one can help me?? It have 1 month old and have this issue

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my ME301T around May 2 and unboxed it on the spot and it Successfully connected to my iphone4 hotspot. Brought it home and it also Successfully connected to my home network's router without a hitch. Took it out to connect to local wifi networks in shopping malls etc, also a success.

However, as of today, everything is a failure.

My tablet can detect connectivity from the available networks(home router, hp hotspot, local wifi outdoors), but fails to connect to any of them. I don't know whats gone wrong. From may 2 until now, then got wifi problem.

All along have been just downloading a few play store apps, and three days ago ive even managed to update my installed apps using my home wifi. Usually when im out at work, I don't turn on wifi, so these threedays since the playstore app updates, I haven't been prompting my tablet to connect to any wifi as I just used it to read books from my skoob app which doesn't require any internet connection unless im intending to sync it with my mobile phone skoob app to continue reading where I left of.

Anyhow, the point is, ive only discovered today (threedays after the play store updated my installed apps), that my tablet cannot connect to any wifi networks. When it tries to, the signal goes from Excellent to Poor, and then the result will be "SAVED wpa2" etc. Saved but unable to really Connect to all the networks ive mentioned above.

Forget all my previously connected networks on my tablet, re entered wifi passwords and re added the networks on tablet successfully, only thing is, cannot connect to any of the wifi. The result just becomes SAVED. Not connected.

However, my last resort was to use Bluetooth tethering on my tablet, using my handphone's mobile hotspot(Bluetooth) and it managed to succeed in connected to the internet. Only Bluetooth tethering now allows my tablet to have internet access, whereas the built in Wifi is completely useless and cannot connect to any at all.

To check if it was really my home router/mobile hotspot that was working or not, I even tried to connect to them using my wifi Samsung camera and everything went well and smoothly, besides that, my Laptop and mobile can detect home router and connect successfully. My laptop also can detect and connect to my mobile phone hotspot successfully.

From may 2 until today, I have realised that my tablet tends to auto restart by itself(in total 4 times) while im halfway using it to view the web/sketching/reading on it.

My tablet version is 4.1.1 and I haven't done any coldbooting or rooting(do not intend to use this method) yet.

Anyone can help whats wrong? Because the router and mobile phone hotspots all haven't been changed or altered in any way plus previously it managed to successfully connect. Only now, Bluetooth tethering from mobile phone hotspot works. Wifi completely does not work to connect to the networks that it can detect on tablet.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    482 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribenavodka View Post

My tablet version is 4.1.1 and I haven't done any coldbooting or rooting(do not intend to use this method) yet.
    A cold boot doesn't delete or change anything useful, it's recommended to do one after any updates.

I do one any time my tablet starts acting wonky.

Try it, I bet you'll like the results.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    A coldbootdoesnt delete or change anything useful, it's recommended to do one after any updates.

I do one any time my tablet starts acting wonky.

Try it, I bet you'll like the results.

Okay I followed ur method and did a cold boot but wifi still cannot connect to any networks. It can detect and the signal bars are always excellent but the moment I connect the signal drops to poor. Any other suggestions?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue here - turned off/on tablet, wifi, router...no dice. The settings screen show the router, good connection and such, but the tablet does not actually connect.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    Happens to me all the time with my TF700 & galaxy S2. Sometimes it connects OK, other times it won't. I leave the wifi on then reboot the router. That seems to get it going on both of them. It must be an android glitch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads