Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wifi connection problem with my asus tablet.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribenavodka View Post
    I got my ME301T around May 2 and unboxed it on the spot and it Successfully connected to my iphone4 hotspot. Brought it home and it also Successfully connected to my home network's router without a hitch. Took it out to connect to local wifi networks in shopping malls etc, also a success.

However, as of today, everything is a failure.

My tablet can detect connectivity from the available networks(home router, hp hotspot, local wifi outdoors), but fails to connect to any of them. I don't know whats gone wrong. From may 2 until now, then got wifi problem.

All along have been just downloading a few play store apps, and three days ago ive even managed to update my installed apps using my home wifi. Usually when im out at work, I don't turn on wifi, so these threedays since the playstore app updates, I haven't been prompting my tablet to connect to any wifi as I just used it to read books from my skoob app which doesn't require any internet connection unless im intending to sync it with my mobile phone skoob app to continue reading where I left of.

Anyhow, the point is, ive only discovered today (threedays after the play store updated my installed apps), that my tablet cannot connect to any wifi networks. When it tries to, the signal goes from Excellent to Poor, and then the result will be "SAVED wpa2" etc. Saved but unable to really Connect to all the networks ive mentioned above.

Forget all my previously connected networks on my tablet, re entered wifi passwords and re added the networks on tablet successfully, only thing is, cannot connect to any of the wifi. The result just becomes SAVED. Not connected.

However, my last resort was to use Bluetooth tethering on my tablet, using my handphone's mobile hotspot(Bluetooth) and it managed to succeed in connected to the internet. Only Bluetooth tethering now allows my tablet to have internet access, whereas the built in Wifi is completely useless and cannot connect to any at all.

To check if it was really my home router/mobile hotspot that was working or not, I even tried to connect to them using my wifi Samsung camera and everything went well and smoothly, besides that, my Laptop and mobile can detect home router and connect successfully. My laptop also can detect and connect to my mobile phone hotspot successfully.

From may 2 until today, I have realised that my tablet tends to auto restart by itself(in total 4 times) while im halfway using it to view the web/sketching/reading on it.

My tablet version is 4.1.1 and I haven't done any coldbooting or rooting(do not intend to use this method) yet.

Anyone can help whats wrong? Because the router and mobile phone hotspots all haven't been changed or altered in any way plus previously it managed to successfully connect. Only now, Bluetooth tethering from mobile phone hotspot works. Wifi completely does not work to connect to the networks that it can detect on tablet.

Looks exactly the same problem of me!
    The tablet is great but after 1 months and a half, the WiFi stopped working without any reasons.
    I didnt install anything strange, but while i was listening to a online radio...puf...the wifi stopped working.
    Now when wifi is on, the wifi can see some of the connections around him, but when it try to connect, it just put them in "Saved" without been able to connect to them, and is entering in a loop, trying again to connect but failing.
    So it seems the antenna is working, since it can find the wifi signal, but a Android bug dosent let him connect to the wifi.
    I have tried everythings, Full Factory restore but still same problem, i also installed Wifi Fix, but it didnt repair or change anythings.
    I have only one option left...bring it back to the shop and use the warranty for change or repair.
    Maybe do you have any other solution????

p.s. of course i already tryed to reboot the router...and home wifi works perfectly with my laptop or smartphone...but not with my asus table :/

Thanks for the help

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem with my ME301T and android 4.1.1!
    Anyone can help me?

thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times

wifi issue fix

Quote Originally Posted by stefanopiu View Post
    I have the same problem with my ME301T and android 4.1.1!
    Anyone can help me?

thanks
    Okiay I had to go into the router and change the android dhcp to static. If you look close at the part of entering the password to setup a new connection,(just forget the one that's there now) there'sa box saying advanced. check that (in the tablet). If you have anything else hooked to your network with windows open the newworking/sharing center look at the device connected and hit the ethernet or wireless link under it then hit details. The info you need to set the static address in the tablet is there save one thing. Preamble length, it's 24 if the sub is 255.255.255.0 and it's 32 if the sub is 255.255.255.255. Now I connect fast every time. MY PROBLEM is I have a 41mbs down/9 up connection and I get like 6 on this tablet. Anyone know how to speed that up? Would rooting it and switching to a differt rom make it faster or at least give me the ability to set the parameters myself?
    Last edited by junster; 08-19-2014 at 03:21 AM. Reason: add explaination

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribenavodka View Post
    Okay I followed ur method and did a cold boot but wifi still cannot connect to any networks. It can detect and the signal bars are always excellent but the moment I connect the signal drops to poor. Any other suggestions?
    Maybe it's time that you should contact your internet provider for this issue?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times
    The FIRST rule of wireless network trouble shooting is to remove all passwords. Many times passwords contain characters that dont work with some devices. Do you have open ip addresses on your pool. Also make sure that the country code for your router and your tablet are the same. Also check and make sure your router is set to 2.4 GHz and not 5ghz. Take your tablet to a friends house or public hotspot. If it connects there then its simply a configuration issue at home. Just because your other device work, does not mean that every other device will connect. Its always the simple fix that's hard to find.

Sent via electron magic. My opinion is my opinion and any solutions or ideas probably have a hundred ways to arrive at the same result. Unless you pay someone to provide the right answer, you get what you get. Free advice is often worth what you paid for it. I can make any answer the correct answer for enough money.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem with my asus tf 201.
    Detects nearby wireless networks but fails to connect to any of them.
    Used to go ok few weeks ago then....

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times
    If you have this wifi issue try this and report back. Go into router settings. Find the wirless settings. Set it to be n/g mixed or g only. Apply the setting and retest tablet. Report results.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem for me too.
    Here's what I have:
    Dlink router
    Security setting : WPA/WPA2-PSK
    Encryption : AES

I played around with the settings and finally got the whole home network online:
    Security : WPA-PSK
    Encryption : TKIP

Enough to get one home PC, one LG G3 and one Asus Memo 10 up and running

Hope this helps

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Taichi
    Liked
    1 times
    Am about to toss my Asus ME301T in the trash. Have tried everything I know, everything recommended, no go. Unfortunately I inherited this machine after the warranty had expired. Nice display, good feel. WiFi will NOT work. Including trying to set the static address. Poor engineering imo.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times

Updating the date helped us get on wifi with Asus ME 10

Quote Originally Posted by drhiii View Post
    Am about to toss my Asus ME301T in the trash. Have tried everything I know, everything recommended, no go. Unfortunately I inherited this machine after the warranty had expired. Nice display, good feel. WiFi will NOT work. Including trying to set the static address. Poor engineering imo.
    My grandson and daughter in law suddenly couldn't get on the wifi at home or in other places with Asus Memo 10 pad.
    When I tried to go on Chrome browser, it said the date should be updated. I went to settings and found updated the time and it hopped right on chrome.

Probably everyone else has made sure time was updated, but if this helps anyone, I felt like I should put it in. My daughter in law had talked with support at Asus. We have been out of warranty for some time, but they did not suggest updating time. I think they agreed with daughter in law that might need to go back to factory reset.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links