Thread: wi-fi problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    This isn't an issue that has beenreported before on the ME301T (AFAIK), so maybe you should ask your retailer for an exchange? Or contact Asus for their comments?

It is possible your device might be "slightly" faulty - every manufacturing run produces a few devices with "issues"...

Or, it occurs to me that Asus told one of our members that they had pulled the 4.2 update for the MeMo because they had discovered a problem with it, so if you have updated to that, then maybe that is the cause.

I do think that contacting your retailer or Asus would be advisable given all the steps you have already taken.

Do you mean that because of this wifi issue hence the upgrade to 4.2? so if 4.1.1 users have issues with wifi so upgrading to 4.2 will solve it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the late reply.. I haven't solved the problem, and since I bought the device on-line I really didn't feel like going through warranty-discussions so I just returned it (one good point at on-line shops ) and got my money back. Bought a new one elsewhere (Toshiba AT300SE, they didn't have the Asus in stock) and I don't have the problem anymore, nor do I encounter the smaller discomforts I used to have (from the beginning, it took the Asus a long while to get connected to the wi-fi when I left it unused for several hours..)

Thanks all for the help!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Taichi
    Liked
    1 times
    I figure I would place a reply somewhere and this is as good as any.

Let me say at the outset, this reminds me of the 'rush to production' and 'utter lack of quality control' that was experienced in the late 90s with technologies. We were gifted a ASUS MeMo and being a network person, figured I would give it a go.

Three days later.....

This is a pure junk as it gets. If I had a few minutes I would go through the iterations I have tried to get this to connect and stay connected. 5 different routers, a myriad of WEP and WPA(2), aw, what's the point. I have gone through the litany of of suggestions all the way to aluminum over the antenna site, and this connects once, then dies.

I figure I would post this, once, and if some brave ASUS tech or customer service person cares to engage and solve this problem, I am game. But I am less than impressed by this piece of hardware and will spare no opportunity to say so. I would be more then thrilled to have ASUS solve it and change my (vocal) opinion. But after messing with this for several days, it truly does remind me of the days when there was a supreme rush to production and quality control was dismal. I have not held a worse piece of equipment in my hands in many moons.

Am more than willing to have my mind changed.

tx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads