Thread: touchscreen problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times

touchscreen problem

Sorry for my bad english. I have bought my first asus tablet (ME301T) lasth mounth and I'm very impressed of its performance on gaming, browsing web, watching video, ......etc. but it has a little problem on the touchscreen. Sometimes (not always) after the standby awake the tochscreen don't work perfectly: in most areas don't work and in the others loss in sensytivity. The problem stops after the next standby awake but occasionally it happens. I have done factory resets and firmware updates, but the problem don't stop!
    Is there anyone that has the same touch issue on memo pad 10? Thanks.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

In settings, developer settings, you can turn on visible touches so you can see what / where you are tapping. Perhaps it might be worth doing that the next time to see if that helps you track the issue if you need to contact Asus.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    I have already done it and i also used multitouch tester app and i see clearly that the touch didn't work fine and in some areas didn't work at all. If you turn off and on from standby, the problem doesn't represent imediatly but occasionally. Sometimes it doesn't represent for one day so I'm titubant to send the tablet to asus assistance because they can say that "the touch works perfectly". I hope that the imminent android 4.2.1 update resolve this problem otherwaise i had to contact asus assistance.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm having the same problem. When you swipe up, it goes in the opposite direction and the keyboard is unuseable.This is a very frustrating piece of hardware. Sometimes it works great and sometimes I want to throw it across the room!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zagorin View Post
    I have already done it and i also used multitouch tester app and i see clearly that the touch didn't work fine and in some areas didn't work at all. If you turn off and on from standby, the problem doesn't represent imediatly but occasionally. Sometimes it doesn't represent for one day so I'm titubant to send the tablet to asus assistance because they can say that "the touch works perfectly". I hope that the imminent android 4.2.1 update resolve this problem otherwaise i had to contact asus assistance.
    I have been facing the same issue with my memopad. After waking up from standby the touchscreen starts behaving very weirdly. I did factory reset, did a total wipe of the whole system, installed the firmware, even tried installing a custom firmware, but nothing seems to be resolving the issue. Have any of you guys figured out how to correct this issue.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    One possibility is a loose ribbon cable connector to your tablet's digitizer. This would be hardware.I think all Memo Pad's are still under warranty, hopefully checking it would be covered.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    One possibility is a loose ribbon cable connector to your tablet's digitizer. This would be hardware.I think all Memo Pad's are still under warranty, hopefully checking it would be covered.
    is there any service center or an authorized(by ASUS) place in BANGLADESH where i can take my memo pad? the touch screen is not working at all.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad Smart
    Liked
    0 times
    Same problem here,
    But i have notice something: if i clean it with dry clothning the touchscreen works for me again.

(sorry for my bad english)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    I bought a used ME301T, factory reset and was having intermittent, sluggish touch screen performance. It was difficult to swipe using a pattern to unlock the screen. I unlocked it, upgraded to Omnirom Kitkat and the problem still persisted. I found the solution here Asus Memopad ME301T Touchscreen Problem which links to a technique to force an update of the digitizer firmware. You have to take the back off and lift up the clips to disconnect the flex connector to the touchscreen. I also had to revert back to the original OS to get this to work. The upgrade happens during the boot process with the message in a dialog box. Hope this helps others with the same problem.
    Last edited by NeilC; 09-24-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    alban likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links